Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,833 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You can't be convinced of something that you've made a conscious decision not to be convinced of.

You can't convince the "space travel fake is fake" guy anymore than anyone can convince you of anything.

That's how this works. I've seen your argument, it's retarded, it's been explained, you don't want to get it. Like so many others here. And like so many others you are a dog with a bone who refuses to let go of it :) Nothing anyone can do but point out the virtually endless flow of logical fallacies and faulty info by anti-vaxxers here.

Feel free to demonstrate, go to any of the other forums, the medical one, the vaccines forums and try your argument there. Other people will explain to it to you and will explain why your views are faulty. Will you ever accept that? Never.

Did she have Covid? because that is known to cause blood clots. Among many other causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And of course, he keeps ignoring all of the lies, false arguments and bullshit his pals have been hosting. He pretends it doesn't exist and then acts shocked and offended that people keep making references to silly conspiracy theories.

Lol. Dude, we don't believe you guys when you claim to have personal experience. Buzzer tried to claim the same thing.

You lot are all liars and completely detached from reality. We would be idiots to take your word for something like that.

Science is a method, not a religion.

Scientists inherently don't trust each other, in fact, they are incentivized to question and scrutinize their peer's work. Like in much of academia.

There's a whole off-shoot of people who regularly post on conspiracy theory forums who struggle to understand any of this, or reality in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's astounding a 747 hasn't ended up in your front room based on that logic. Probably more believable if you put it down to climate change.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭hometruths

Step 1 - attempt a counterargument based on argument I did not make nor do I believe.

Step 2 - when this is pointed out, say "I've seen your argument, it's retarded, it's been explained, you don't want to get it"

Rinse and repeat.

Lol, you are on a conspiracy theories forum, that's how stupid your argument is. That's why you are here.

If you think it's "serious", and you genuinely want info (clue: you don't), then take it to a normal forum (clue: you won't). I'd be surprised if they accept such repeated nonsense.

You'll just come up with excuses.

Lol your arguments have been entirely based on you not understanding stuff.

The other part of your argument is to dodge things that you are unable to deal with.

If you don't like people associating you with your fellow conspiracy theorists, maybe actually tell them they are wrong when you believe they are wrong. Maybe state your beliefs about their claims without running away and avoiding.

You claimed Bieber's condition was due to the vaccines because you read an internet blog by a non-medical professional

The likely cause has been explained, by medical professionals.

Do you acknowledge this or no?

Are you just here to shotgun blast nonsense at the screen and dodge every time the flaws get pointed out like Buzzer or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Scientist are still trying to understand reality. Pararell universe's, there's supposedly infinite numbers of realities.

Multiverse, universe, different planes of existence.

Well if scientist's inherently don't trust each other, how come you trust the vaccine scientist's ?

How come you aren't questioning the warp speed vaccine roll out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’m sure they makes sense in your head. However, reality is not the same as what’s in your head.

Number of anti-vaxxers in this forum over the last decade = probably at least a hundred

Number of anti-vaxxers who admitted they were wrong = zero

Number of user posted conspiracies and predictions on this forum over the years = countless

Number of those conspiracies and predictions that have turned out to be true = none so far

Number of those posters who have admitted to being wrong = zero

Always these correlations..

I thought the usual go is that they aren't allowed to post their totally mature and reasonable arguments on the big boy forums because the mods are all part of the same global conspiracy they aren't suggesting...

Theoretical physics has nothing to do with medical science.

How to communicate with someone who confuses the two?

That's what this forum is for, it's to connect those types of people with reality, logic, reason, consensus and rational. Often not a good mix.

Not to be crude but most of them are not the brightest sparks who want to "stick it to smart people" with stupid circular arguments.

If they have enough stamina, they "win".

For most, it's not even their arguments. It's stuff they've read on twitter. Buzzer is the prime example. The others just attempt to cloak that's what they're doing.

That's just double talk, you know exactly what I meant. And I know exactly what you're at with trying to make out I don't know the difference.

How come you're not questioning the vaccines ?

You suggested that scientist's inherently don't trust each other. But you trust those people who the mainstream media and pharma industry tells you to trust.

You're not sceptical about the vaccines, you 100% trust them which you're entitled to.

But they were a total failure. Even Bill Gates said that only the vulnerable and elderly needed to take it, but the healthy people didn't.

Are you unhealthy or elderly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

240 pages of nonsense without safety issues. It’s mad the lengths anti-vaxxers go to try and make their irrational beliefs true.

Yup 240 pages and not one of them can point to any safety issues.

So far it's just been wild claims about SIDS and SADs and facial paralysis that half of them pitch a fit is you suggest they believe that.

Pure desperation by folks unwilling to consider or admit they got conned by the people they brainlessly follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭moonage

Taking the vaccine was an unsafe course of action. New technology, rushed, undertested etc.

It's like taking a trip in a car with faulty brakes—even though you might reach your destination unharmed, it is an unsafe course of action.

I suspect that many people, looking back, regret their decision and feel foolish and worry about possible future health implications.

The extreme covid pro-vaxxers are a bunch of cowboys and clowns!

You sound like a priest to be honest, trying to educate people in reality, logic, reason, consensus and rational hmmm sounds nefarious to me.

Spurious at best, but I'm getting an idea of how you think, and the facts are building up why you post here.

So you're looking to convert people or maybe make yourself out to be a savior, fix people maybe. Like a DJ I knew who came home from London with his Technics and record's and said us locals need to be educated and start listening to drum and bass and jungle music instead of listening to what we want to listen to. Because in his ears he doesn't want to be alone, he's losing control.

Lack of control is the provaxxers dilemma.

On one hand you're suggesting that scientist's lack team work and are always against each other on the other they can do no wrong.

A bit like me being stopped at an illegal road block in Northern Ireland in the 80's by guy's with an ulster scots accent, asking me questions. I show them my British and Irish passports and tell them to make their own mind up.

You're constantly being euphemistic here, not once have you been any way the opposite.

It's a bit irrational to be in the middle of irrational and pointing the finger at others while you're instigating a lot of it.

Your allegiance is what makes you rational though, is it not.

Sure we all must be a bit mad here, in fairness you love it here don't you.

There's no such thing as extreme pro vaxxers in the same way there isn't round earthers.

What safety issues do you believe the vaccines have.

So far it's been claimed that they are secretly behind SIDs and SADs as well as a rash of sports platers dropping dead of heart issues.

Do you believe those claims?

How about the claims that the vaccines are part of a plot to kill millions pf people? Or that the vaccines have secret naotechnology meant to track people? Or secret DNA altering technology to get people to merge with AI?

Or how about the claims that all of this was predicted in the bible?

I will assume like most anti-vaxxers, you won't answer this directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Conned is being told to cocoon, not meeting friends/family for 2yrs, buying a €9 safety meal, letting people die alone, getting arrested for walking past 5km, turning into a full blown Nazi wishing death on others then taking 4 jabs in 12mts and still ending up in hospital with a crooked face.

People were conned alright but not the ones you think.

I don't 100% trust vaccines. I question everything. Within reason.

You are conflating normal healthy skepticism with unhealthy irrational thinking.

There's relative risk to everything, no we aren't fully in control, and the world is a very complicated place. These are concepts that frighten certain individuals and as a result they latch onto comforting narratives (even with baddies in control) that help them make sense of the world.

For example, most conspiracy theorists and their sympathisers project this pretend cartoon world replete with perfectly homogenous "mainstream media" (whatever that is), a pharmaceutical industry that is systematically "nefarious", and everything is simplistic and dumbed down to accommodate child-like black/white narratives. And that they are special and "can see through it" whereas most normal people can't.

They believe they are "asking questions" but that's just a premise for rejecting empirical evidence and reality that doesn't fit their world view.

In terms of this subject, is there something about vaccines you know that medical science doesn't? If yes, please share it. If no, then nothing to discuss :)

Lol.

But yea, the rando on twitter who's begging for patreon subs, he's telling the truth I'm sure.

The "technology" has been around since the 70's and vaccines themselves for centuries.

I believe you are a post who has expressed doubts about Holocaust history am I right? I'm bringing this up because I've noticed a strong correlation between people with extreme beliefs and anti-vaxxers. A clue is the forum we are on.

And bingo, your "skepticism" on vaccines is fueled by other extreme beliefs about common sense measures to control the pandemic. Generally these beliefs are all rooted in an irrational distrust of authority.

• Advertisement

According to others I am paid to post here, stop people getting too close to the raw truth. Mods push the posts down here, we "sealion" them to death.

Advertisement