Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭snowcat

The King of the extreme pro vaxxers spouts more rubbish, as opposed to me explaining what a natural reflex is there for, why dont you explain why we cough and sneeze? Ill even help you with a quick google to save you doing it.

https://www.webmd.com/allergies/features/11-surprising-sneezing-facts

And as a Corallary why wearing a mask if Covid infected might not be the best thing for your own health as you are effectively stopping your bodies natural impulse to expel the virus or bacteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

That doesn’t cover coughing, and it also doesn’t cover the fact that sneezing is a symptom of many viruses. In fact it just provides informational on things normal people may not have known about sneezing. It doesn’t try to be a definitive guide which the title kind of gives away. How about doing another panicked search of the internet?

I take it that you are conceding the fact that you made up the whole African statement, and it’s not true…along with the sky rocketing increase in covid cases in ICU here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol still no such thing man.

And I don't need you to explain it. I need you to explain why you claimed:

Every reflex in your body is there for a reason. Of course coughing and sneezing is a fighting response to a viral infection. Same as the runs is trying to rid the body of an infection. Try masking that..

So how do you believe coughing and sneezing helps fight an infection.

You link does not at all mention sneezing and coughing fighting off an infection.

Likewise, you seem to have a very odd view of how and why viruses cause diarrhea.

So please explain, using your own words how you believe that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's nearly 8am and nobody's mentioned the Bieber's yet. Suppose a few more pages of safe and effective won't hurt first.

You come across as a very self righteous and dismissive character. Ill bite this time. A sneeze will reduce the viral load in your nose. Thats just common sense. Now you explain in your own words why that would not happen.

• Advertisement

Cool. How does this help you fight off an infection when you're already infected and the virus is causing the sneeze?

And lol, yes, I'm very dismiss of conspiracy theorists because you guys keep claiming silly stuff like the vaccine is secretly behind SADS and SIDS.

Why wouldn't I be dismissive of that?

You guys? Im a moderate on vaccines. You are an EPV. There is extreme anti vaxxers too. Where did i every state anything about SID SAD? Stop spreading misinformation. I have just vaxxed my infant. Not the MRNA ones though.

I’d say they “you guys” should be obvious that King Mob is talking about CT’ists in general. However, you stated other silly things and are hiding from them now. E.g. Irish hospitalisations and ICU admittance “sky rocketing”, Africa, etc. while they are not as crazy as other CT’ists, they certainly are silly and you ignore when challenged on them.

Yes, you anti-vaxxers.

You fellows have claimed this and you were directly asked if you agreed with the claim. You ignored the question like you ignore everything you can't deal with honestly.

If you don't believe it, please say so directly, clearly and without trying to hedge your statement. Otherwise, I will continue with the assumption that you agree with this claim.

Notice how you've again dodged my question. I will take this that you've conceded the point and you don't actually know how the virus works.

Also lol. Coming up with an acronym isn't going to make your silly term any more real.

Silly? Have you looked at hospitalisations lately? ICU's will follow. Africa does not have a visible Covid issue and never had. Testing rates are irrelevant same as here at the moment. We are not testing and they have never really tested. They never had an issue either. Except SA, which by coincidence has one of the highest vax rates on the african continent. On hospitalisations in Ireland the vast majority are vaxxed, probably 4 times. The pandemic of the un vaxxed never happened.

• Advertisement

Cool.

So evidence for all that then?

I know you think that ignoring things is a good tactic, but you need to understand that to normal people who don't subscribe to silly conspiracy twitter crap, it isn't.

Our own Minister for Health confirmed yesterday the first 3 shots don't really protect against hospitalisation, it's the people who didn't take the second booster getting blamed now. Pandemic of the boosted just like Portugal.

Seriously, think logically for a change. If African countries aren’t testing much for covid then their numbers will be low. Wasn’t it Burundi that said at the start of the pandemic that they had no confirmed covid cases because they couldn’t afford the tests at the time. See how logjc works?

If you are so concerned about “sky rocketing” icu numbers (increase of 3 when you mentioned it!) then vaccines are a great idea seeing that you can’t identify safety issues with them.

Lol. No link, so most likely you're pulling the same kind of misrepresentation you were caught out on for the Israeli paper.

@snowcat , do you agree with Drunkmonkey's claims? Is he one of the moderate conspiracy theorists?

If you aren't able to answer this clearly, I will assume that you agree fully for the sake of convenience.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭hometruths

Yep, this is what the pandemic of the unvaccinated looks like now - over 65s who didn't sign up for a fourth shot:

Only a third of over 65s have received a second booster and Minister Donnelly said it is overwhelmingly the remaining two thirds who end up hospitalised with the virus: 

“When we look at the profile of the people who are in hospital, many of them are over 65 and, unfortunately, quite a number of them have not had the second booster,” he explained. 

https://www.newstalk.com/news/donnelly-refuses-to-rule-out-new-restrictions-as-covid-hospitalisations-soar-1353389

It's funny how you lot are very chummy when it suits you, but the second you're actually confronted with each other's claims, you freak out.

Would you like to comment on the claim, Why I'm 99% certain that Justin Bieber's facial paralysis was caused by the COVID vaccine.

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/the-cause-of-justin-biebers-facial?s=r

His 25yr old wife also had blood clot not so long ago.

What's the odds, seriously. Looking forward to your lots explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Bieber has a virus that caused the facial paralysis, it's a well known, though rare, condition caused by a virus infection, one that existed long before SARS-COV2 and will exist long after SARS-COV2.

Would you care to comment on what you think caused it?

Another update on the pandemic of the unvaccinated:

Nationwide, the number of cases currently stands at 172.4 per 100,000 people and there are currently 271 hospital patients who have contracted the virus - a 50% rise since last week. 

For Clíona O'Farrelly, Professor of Comparative Immunology at Trinity College, the figures are unsurprising given the end of restrictions and the beginning of the summer social season: 

“It’s entirely expected,” Professor O'Farrelly told The Pat Kenny Show. 

“Our behaviour has completely changed. We no longer do social distancing, we’re not wearing our masks, we’re in crowds! 

“I mean people saw what was happening in the airport and the vast majority of us are vaccinated. So many of us who pick up an infection will pass it on without knowing it.” 

It's entirely expected? All going to plan thankfully. Good to know that the experts saw this coming.

Entirely expected that crowds of vaccinated people, would pick up an infection from other vaccinated people, and pass that infection on to other vaccinated people.

But don't worry, just in case anybody thinks that this seems different to what they expected, the vaccines are amazing according to Cliona:

“The vaccines have been just amazing,” she enthused. 

“They’re far from perfect. We know they don’t work in absolutely everybody and we know that many people still get infected. 

“But a whole load of people don’t get infected.” 

https://www.newstalk.com/news/covid-cases-surge-in-irelands-tourist-hotspots-1352230

It's also caused by these Vaccines, that's a known, hence a 99% chance it was a result of vaccination not the 1% shingles, chickenpox virus hangover your trying to wash it away with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Have you any concept of how retarded this is?

Bieber’s management have categorically stated that the cancellation is due to “non Covid related illness”, yet some loon is “99% certain” it is Covid related, and you post it on here, and look for a “serious” response.

Here it is, SteveKirsch is a loon, and you are a bigger one for using his beliefs as substance to support your views.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Uh, we did see this coming. From your comments I genuinely don't think you read/follow the news. I'm actually surprised cases are this low. The vaccines have been amazing. It's incredible that they are still effective against these variants and are so safe.

(I've used some trigger words there, so disclaimer time again, safe doesn't mean 1000% safe, effective doesn't mean they completely stop Covid)

Just kidding, based on the results of early trials against early variants, all the governments and experts and scientists of Earth got together and unanimously carved in stone on the highest mountain that these vaccines would prevent all people from catching Covid for all time. Everyone has forgotten this apart from a few special "enlightened" individuals who post about it daily on conspiracy forums.

Correct it's not a covid related illness nobody said it was. It's a vaccine injury, Steve links to the papers in the BMJ etc you might want to look at before bursting out the retard bashing.

Are you claiming it can't be caused by the vaccine and he was just unlucky like his wife...

Nope. I'd like you to go back and find that quote from the Israeli study you lied about.

Or failing that, would be nice for you to be honest for a change and cop to lying.

Not going to hold my breath on either.

So now the claim is that the vaccines are going to give people facial paralysis.

Cool. Changed again.

They do give them face problems we know that, it's a known side effect, there's no conspiracy there. Personally I only know one person that got Bell's Palsy after the jab but was surprised when he told me 3 other people in the ward had it as well.

Again what's the odds, 4 people in the same ward with it, must have been a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

According to medical experts, it's caused by Ramsay Hunt syndrome. When a shingles outbreak affects the facial nerve.

Why would you ever listen to an anti-vaxxer who isn't qualified to comment on anything medical?

If you had a medical condition, would you go to a fortune teller instead of your local GP, because they told you what you want to hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

You really do yourself a disservice when you post this type of rubbish. You don’t think they would have distinguished between a Covid illness and Covid vaccine in their statement if the vaccine had caused it?

It takes a particular strain of arrogance/stupidity to publish an article stating you are 99% certain of the cause of a condition, after the person/representatives and presumably his Doctors have stated it is not related to Covid.

I am not saying an illness/condition cannot be caused something, what I am saying is that both you and the article writer are loons for telling an ill person that you know better than they and their physicians do.

For the umpteenth time I have never said, nor do I believe, the Covid vaccines are, or could be expected to be, 100% effective. Neither are any other vaccines in history. This is not in dispute by anybody.

Yet you seem to think "Everyone has forgotten this apart from a few special "enlightened" individuals who post about it daily on conspiracy forums."

It's just more deflection.

Imagine someone who has a jet setter lifestyle who does a huge amount of air travel getting a blood clot. It’s astounding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Well I suppose people who trust Big pharma and science 100% are very similar to religious people. They could can see no wrong with sacrificing a percentage of people for the sake of the good and all. Even if it's a small percentage of people who kick the bucket they only see that as miniscule collateral damage.

It brings me back to the old testament about the killing sprees and religious people totally ignoring that part of the bible, and non believers pointing that at them. There was I think 100+ kiling spree's in the old testament. Provaxxers are very similar to religious people in way's. They are very closed minded and look at the non religious as non believers and therefore, thick, ignorant and not trustworthy.

So I equate the pharma industry at playing God, no doubt the pharma industry has helped people live longer lives, and they have some good intentions and I sometimes need antiinflammatories or pain killers dental care etc. But they also have flaw's, like over charging people for their products. Making huge profits and a lot of investment in paying back share holders and keeping them happy. But when it comes to health care there shouldn't be an emphasis on the money all the time.

When you see the difference between the price of generics and original medicine, the difference is huge.

As for the type of house's pro vaxxers live in I'd say they're quite clinical alright and the kitchen would be like a laboratory. Fridge full of big tomatoes, carrot's, freezer packed with all kinds of goodies. My brothers a scientist and his house is so clean, and organized. He's a provaxxer himself but we respect each other's views and we wouldn't call each other names or guilt shame one another. As we're mature and non combative.

As for myself my house is like Aladdin's cave crossed with the inside of an old long ship cabin or maritime nautical antique store.

My nieces and nephews love calling over, with all the old furniture and antiques etc it's like something from the pirate's of the Caribbean they say.

My brother does have a big SUV in the driveway alright and his wife likes gardening so she pulls the weeds herself she finds it therapeutic.

Advertisement