Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yea, but you straight out lied about the content of the paper. Why should we believe that you weren't trying to lie about that also?

And again weird how you can remember that specific thing, but you still are pretending to not know what paper were referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I genuinely don't know, what was the headline, I'll find the study, I wouldn't have made it up.

Lol go back and do your own research man.

The playing dumb tactic isn't helping you.

Though in fairness I should say that it's very likely you didn't make it up. Most likely it was made up by the Twitter grifter you swallowed it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

So spinning conceded. How vaccines work conceded. How approvals and trials work conceded. Medicine failure conceded.

Now we're back onto comments made on the vaccines.

Right then, let's try and start at the very basics, again.

Pick one of the vaccines, what was the approval criteria for the vaccine. Was that approval made in error?

Remember, we are speaking specifically about the approval criteria that you want to talk about.

if you want to talk about the trial results and real world data for efficacy against severe disease independent of the approval process say so, trying to conflate both won't work. Be accurate in what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Really? All the data we have point out that there is no reason to take one, unless you are seriously ill with plentiful other comorbidities.

Covid vaccines poor performance was a cause behind a change of a vaccine definition. That really says it all.

• Advertisement

But doctors disagree with you and you've been caught out lying about data many times.

You guys are claiming that the vaccine is deadly and is the secret cause of SADS and SIDS among others.

The covid vaccines didn't cause a change of definition.

You have repeatedly claimed that the covid vaccines aren't vaccines and are secretly some sort of gene therapy.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,301 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Once again CTers showing themselves to be thick and ignorant. Well done.

I'm very curious how they think this works. Do people only get over a virus when they've sneezed it all out or...?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭hometruths

Pick one of the vaccines, what was the approval criteria for the vaccine. Was that approval made in error?

Remember, we are speaking specifically about the approval criteria that you want to talk about.

Once again you're making the suggestion that I said the approval was in error. Nonsense. it's just another deflection.

There was nothing wrong with the approval based on the available data they had at the time; my point has always been that the problem I have is with those people who are now trying to claim the approval was granted for something other than to prevent symptomatic covid 19 infection, and specifically that the primary function at time of approval was to reduce serious illness and death - i.e prevent sever covid rather than symptomatic covid.

To remind you:

When the vaccines were first rolled out the clear expectation was that the primary function was to prevent catching Covid.

When it became abundantly clear that this was not working as intended, but they were having good effect in preventing serious illness and death, very few vaccine proponents acknowledged this. It was spun as if the primary function all along was to reduce serious illness and death, and anybody who thought they were taking the vaccine to prevent them getting Covid just didn't understand how vaccines worked.

In the 50 odd pages since I posted this you and others have consistently:

a) failed to acknowledge that they were not working as intended

b) tried to argue that the primary function was all along to reduce serious illness and death

c) told me that if I don't understand this it's because I just don't understand how vaccines work

Which rather proves my point.

Every post you make about how the great trial results proved comprehensively that the vaccines were effective against severe covid and that I am wearing a dunce cap just reinforces it further.

Stop spinning and post the approval criteria.

If you want to talk about the great results at reducing severe disease from the trials, let's talk about that.

But stop trying to conflate both of them.

And you're correct that each post you make further reinforces the dunce cap you're wearing, we're all in agreement there.

You have posted nothing that indicates you know how anything works so stop taking offence when being called out on it, put on your diaper and get technical, post at least 1 example you can build on instead of trying to catch other posters out with absolute nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

we have acknowledged your point though? the vaccine was developed against a version of the virus which pretty much doesn't exist now (which it did prevent symptomatic infection, if you want proof, you posted it yourself, then tried to mis-quote the study in support of your lie).

But, it has been well demonstrated that the vaccine does quite well against other strains, but not as good (i.e. may not stop symptomatic infection).

You continuously gloss over these facts.

The situation changed, so the message had to change.

The 95% effectiveness for severe disease seems to drop to about 90% for other variants, and wanes a bit more with time, the criteria (well more a wish) that Fauci had for the vaccines was 50%, which was well exceeded (and before the loons jump in, the 50% wasn't part of the approval process which has it's own mechanisms for approval, some cancer drugs have very low effectiveness rates yet are still approved).

There were other vaccines with more than 50% effectiveness that didn't go ahead to approval as they weren't able to compete with Pfizer/Moderna (CureVac is such an example). Sinovac/Pharm and even Oxford are examples that lost a lot of effectiveness with variants due to their relatively low antibody count post vaccine course and Valneva have had trouble getting their whole virus vaccine onto market, though they seemed to have solved it now (using an adjuvant to boost immune response).

Translation: "I believe what I want to believe, I'm creating my own warped reality and I don't need your silly facts & evidence, especially if they completely contradict my opinions which are, for the avoidance of doubt, not based on anything even remotely rooted in reality". How in the name of Christ are you not embarrassed to write this guff?

Also, for the record, every single carrot (and every single banana also) you've ever eaten has been genetically modified through selective crop breeding which took place years before you and I were born. You don't have a choice. You never did. Wild carrots are white. The orange ones we know and love have been artificially created via crop breeding to boost their health properties.

It was done with bananas to improve resistance to diseases. "Original" bananas tasted differently. You know that artificial, chemical 'banana' flavour you get in milkshakes and sweets? That's what the originals tasted like before they were essentially wiped out. They just never bothered updating the fake banana flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭hometruths

In fairness you're the only one who has acknowledged the point that the primary intended function on approval was originally to prevent symptomatic Covid and not to reduce severity of symptoms of Covid.

My point is that there are still people deliberately claiming that is not true. As the last 50 pages of this thread show.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,301 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

to prevent symptomatic Covid

the vaccines DO prevent symptomatic covid cases, just not at the rate they hoped.. mainly due to the emergence of omicron after their development.

Evidence shows that protection starts from approximately 3 weeks after first dose of vaccine and persists up to 12 weeks. Studies show 76% protection overall against symptomatic COVID-19 disease in the first 90 days.

like everything with this pandemic... CTers seem to only want to deal in absolutes

"the vaccines doesnt STOP the virus, therefore it doesnt work"

"people have died from the vaccine, therefore its evil and must not be taken"

they have no idea how to comprehend 'rate'

same here, hometruths seems to think because a symptomatic case exists post vaccination that that is some kind of advertisement that the vaccines dont work. hes been told numerous times that vaccination failure is a common resultant. in fact the EMA only need a minimum of 50% efficacy to approve teh vaccine for production

Nevertheless, medicine developers have been asked to design studies to demonstrate a rate of efficacy of at least 50%.

In a study measuring how well a vaccine prevented people from becoming ill from COVID-19:

Efficacy

What it means

50% that there were 50% fewer cases among people who received the vaccine compared with those who did not (i.e. the vaccine prevented 50% of cases)

90% there were 90% fewer cases among people who received the vaccine compared with those who did not (i.e. the vaccine prevented 9 out of 10 cases)

100% nobody who received the vaccine got the disease

No, he knows full well what the words mean. He's just pretending otherwise so that he can pretend that the conspiracy theorists have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

ALERT

Five confirmed ways

monkeypox is spread:

1) BBC News

2) ITV News

3) Channel 4 News

4) Channel 5 News

5) Sky News

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Like everything else you post, what does this have to do with the the safety of covid vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

They are starting roll out of dangerous pox vaccines.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Do you have a degree in botany or horticulture ?

If so you should know the difference between GMOs and organics.

Sometimes plants mutate naturally such as cross pollination or the mutate without human intervention. Or like some crops a person may help pollinate.

It's when some dude's start manipulating a crop into something that needs hardly any water or has a weak fibrous root system and makes thousands of percentages of profit from it. It could be good for poor countries, for a billionaires virtue ethics etc but it's the chemicals they're laced with that's dangerous.

Systemic translocation weed killers which will kill off broad leaf weeds and leave Poaceae ie monocots alone are absolute poison. But they got away with it for year's.

Vast majority of varieties we use today are from direct human intervention using selective breeding.

@snowcat Did you find the test rates and results from all African nations yet?

I am not bothered by what you type here as most of it are either delusions coming from your own head or outright lies where you twist and turn what someone say in order to change meaning of what was said.

Everyone who try to engage with you usually figure this out within a day or two.

Aren't you the one who claimed that "It doesn't "offer you possibility of having covid infecton milder". It grants immunity."?

Please stay on topic. Your friend fighting tao gets upset when people deviate from vaccine safety. Somehow he feels he can moderate this thread.

So in his own words:

"Like everything else you post, what does this have to do with the the safety of covid vaccines?"

Yeah, Buzzer has a strong history of posting unrelated topics. Snowcat is the person that keeps mentioning GMO’s, so you can’t blame others for replying. Take it up with Snowcat. You are the person that has been caught lying countless times, yet you are accusing King Mob of being a liar without anything to back it up as usual. You still have a lie you told about me to back up. It was just before you ran from this thread the last time with your tail between your legs when you couldn’t back it up or admit you were completely wrong in your lie.

Yes. Because it does grant you immunity.

Unlike you guys I dont have to run away from my previous statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭snowcat

The extreme pro vaxxers dont really deviate from the chemicals are good, drugs are good, GMO is good and natural (shure its been going on forever), if its been approved its good. Regulators are never wrong etc. Listen and obey crew.

Id love to know what their houses are like. Probably sparkling clean. Bleach everywhere. Artificial grass and tarmac. Fridge full of huge GMO carrots. Medicine cabinet full of drug for everything. Big diesel SUV in the driveway that is sprayed with Roundup.

• Advertisement

But there's still no such thing as "extreme pro vaxxers".

You claimed that the body coughs and sneeze for a reason.

Please explain what you believe this reason to be, because we think that you've just exposed the fact you don't actually know how viruses and infections work.

Advertisement