Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your death

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Surely cremated remains can be buried anywhere, with the landowner's permission? One man can dig a small grave (I say that, but not from experience I assure you).
    The poster mentioned a tree in Roscommon, which I assume is not a cemetery. I mean, people scatter their relatives' ashes in parks and fields, and even lakes.

Frank McCourt. Who wrote Angela's Ashes, said "Let them scatter my ashes in the Shannon and pollute the river.”. The family said they just scattered them overlooking the river, but I have a bunch they followed his wishes.

Ahh yea, if you get cremated first and then buried it will be cheaper, but if you get buried first and then cremated that’s fairly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,210 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Would anyone like to go to the next world in a plane crash, and remain undiscovered still strapped in to the seat at the bottom of the ocean??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Would anyone like to go to the next world in a plane crash, and remain undiscovered still strapped in to the seat at the bottom of the ocean??

Are you leaving now, or do we have time to pack a few things?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

begbysback wrote: »
    Are you leaving now, or do we have time to pack a few things?

There are no pockets in shrouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i found a dead bird (robin) in my kitchen today :o

what does that signify? should i be writing up my will?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Cremation and a simple humanist ceremony - and a party afterwards for those to celebrate my life (or death). OH wants the same set up.

Got my will organised a couple of years ago which makes financial provision for my send off and how it’s to be done.

Hopefully not for a few decades yet... :D

fryup wrote: »
    i found a dead bird (robin) in my kitchen today :o

what does that signify? should i be writing up my will?

Phone 1850 715815

Advertisement