Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam McCarthy Cup) 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

billyhead wrote: »
    There not showing any games on Saturday. It's a joke that licence fee payers can't even watch their national game. How are people in rural areas who can't afford to subscribe to Sky or don't have each access to a pub showing it outdoors meant to watch it.

Never get this hate for sky, If it wasn't on sky it wouldn't be on TV at all. RTE picked there games, they can't show them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

me89 wrote: »
    Never get this hate for sky, If it wasn't on sky it wouldn't be on TV at all. RTE picked there games, they can't show them all.

If sky weren't involved you're telling me RTE wouldn't have one of the games on Saturday?

If sky weren't involved you're telling me RTE wouldn't have one of the games on Saturday?

There is no way they would be showing all 3 like Sky are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

me89 wrote: »

RTE can only show so many games, sky are showing additional games that otherwise would not be televised.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Great weekend of Hurling ahead.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,646 ✭✭✭billyhead

Rte could have surely show the AI champions in their opening game. It's all just greed and the GAA money grabbers with the sky contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great weekend of Hurling ahead.

Yep such a pity Waterford aren't in it but look we didn't deserve it. We await the qualifiers

Have a feeling all things might not go to script this weekend. Excepting one or 2 shocks, Dublin to beat Galway and Cork to beat Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 24,832 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

billyhead wrote: »
    There not showing any games on Saturday. It's a joke that licence fee payers can't even watch their national game. How are people in rural areas who can't afford to subscribe to Sky or don't have each access to a pub showing it outdoors meant to watch it.

Relax there Healy Rae with the rural stuff. Sky is the same price for city folk

If you live deep in the countryside miles from a pub with no access to transport then I feel sorry for you but access to Sky is the least of your worries.

RTE are showing the national game this weekend just not that game. They can't show them all

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yep such a pity Waterford aren't in it but look we didn't deserve it. We await the qualifiers

Have a feeling all things might not go to script this weekend. Excepting one or 2 shocks, Dublin to beat Galway and Cork to beat Limerick

I don't think Cork beating Limerick is a shock going by recent championship meetings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I don't think Cork beating Limerick is a shock going by recent championship meetings

Ah, twould be a shock. It would be an epic turnaround from the league game. Limerick are 9/4 on, in a two horse race.

• Advertisement

formerlyET wrote: »
    Ah, twould be a shock. It would be an epic turnaround from the league game. Limerick are 9/4 on, in a two horse race.

Don't worry bout the league. No team has troubled this Limerick side as consistently as Cork in the Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

League will have no bearing as shadow teams played. How cork perform defensively will be the key. I expect a spirited Cork performance but Limerick to eventually prevail by 4/5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I do think limerick will win this pulling up, but cork played a very weak starting fifteen in that league match.

They did play a weakened team, and they were shadow boxing. But still, the nature of the beating was humiliating and that destroys camp spirit and makes a major impact - league or not, shadow boxing or not, - when you get turned over like that, it's hard to recover confidence after going through that. Even muscle has a memory, and that's a devastating memory.

Regardless, it's a Limerick team in year, what? Year five of perfecting a way of playing - an experienced side with all-irelands in the bag - against a side in year one of a gameplan and no All-irelands - and little winning trophy experience.

I'd be shocked if Cork won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Don't worry bout the league. No team has troubled this Limerick side as consistently as Cork in the Championship

Let's get real here. Limerick have beaten Cork in every match that counts. It ll take a monumental effort for Cork to win this. I wouldnt rule them out if they get early goals but going down the stretch the big boys in Green will probably grind down Cork and run out 3 to five point winners. I think it ll be a good game and that's all we can ask for. Incidentally I'm delighted it's on Sky. I'm in the UK and can watch it on the TV rather than the laptop . But that's not the main reason I like Sky. Its their analysis and graphics...Mile's ahead. And the number 1 reason. No Marty Morrissey on commentary. Not alone does he know nothing about hurling or sport in general but his eyes actually decieve him. He doesn't describe what he sees. He describe what he wants to see...' great pint by the wizard himself Tony Kelly....Ahhhwwweesome'. 'Ah that wasn't Tony Kelly Marty' ..says Duignan. Give me mercy from him

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Tommy Walsh has Limerick, Galway and Kilkenny in his top three this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Let's get real here. Limerick have beaten Cork in every match that counts. It ll take a monumental effort for Cork to win this. I wouldnt rule them out if they get early goals but going down the stretch the big boys in Green will probably grind down Cork and run out 3 to five point winners. I think it ll be a good game and that's all we can ask for. Incidentally I'm delighted it's on Sky. I'm in the UK and can watch it on the TV rather than the laptop . But that's not the main reason I like Sky. Its their analysis and graphics...Mile's ahead. And the number 1 reason. No Marty Morrissey on commentary. Not alone does he know nothing about hurling or sport in general but his eyes actually decieve him. He doesn't describe what he sees. He describe what he wants to see...' great pint by the wizard himself Tony Kelly....Ahhhwwweesome'. 'Ah that wasn't Tony Kelly Marty' ..says Duignan. Give me mercy from him

To be fair that’s not true. Arguably these teams have played each other in 3 games that have mattered in recent years.

2018 Munster Round Robin - Draw
    2018 All Ireland Semi - Limerick After extra time
    2019 Munster Round Robin - Cork

So they have beaten Cork in THE game that mattered the most but that is the only win and Cork should have seen that one out.
    Now the problem for Cork is that Limerick have got better and better since then and Cork have arguably gone backwards but we aren’t quite sure until later on exactly where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Looking forward to today, hopefully some competitive matches to kick start the Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭C__MC

A shame only one of these games are on RTÉ, typical greedy GAA.

I'm backing, lím, Galway, tipp, KK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

C__MC wrote: »
    A shame only one of these games are on RTÉ, typical greedy GAA.

I'm backing, lím, Galway, tipp, KK

Delighted they are on Sky. Sky should have them all.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

I'm going for Dublin to surprise Galway like 2 years ago.

Game under their belt. Moving well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Galway seem to think they need to score more goals than points, 7 mins gone, no score, Galway missing 3 goal chances.

Galway taking a while to settle, might not be as easy as expected here.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭davidx40

I train u7 and U9 hurling teams in my local club , spend every Tuesday and Thursday from 6.00 to 8.30 in the field , plus Blitz's on weekend and club meetings , fundraising the list goes on ...played for club all my life , took up coaching well before I finished playing ...like all volunteers across the country if we were to add up all the hours ......I have rarely missed kk hurling match since I'm 7 years of age .....I can't watch the match today with my 7 year old or can half our group of u7 and U9 .....it's a absolute disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭letowski

Dublin rearguard doing well so far.

Poor stuff so far, some terrible decision making.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Rosita

Galway taking a while to settle, might not be as easy as expected here.

Last year's Leinster semi final - Kilkenny 3-20 Dublin 2-22. 2019 championsip Dublin beat Galway (the only team in Leinster to do so). Who expected it would be "easy"?

davidx40 wrote: »
    I train u7 and U9 hurling teams in my local club , spend every Tuesday and Thursday from 6.00 to 8.30 in the field , plus Blitz's on weekend and club meetings , fundraising the list goes on ...played for club all my life , took up coaching well before I finished playing ...like all volunteers across the country if we were to add up all the hours ......I have rarely missed kk hurling match since I'm 7 years of age .....I can't watch the match today with my 7 year old or can half our group of u7 and U9 .....it's a absolute disgrace

Tickets were handy enough to get. Should be a good game, I'd give wexford a half chance.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Canning hitting wides for sport. Surely it's time to change free taker before it's too late or is Joe too high profile.

• Advertisement

Joe canning has wasted 6 scoring chances so far, don't think I've ever seen that before.

Advertisement