Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam McCarthy Cup) 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

This game has me wondering what the record for wides is in a championship game is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭blackcard

A one score thriller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

If Waterford somehow pull this off Lohan should be sacked for leaving Shanagher on the field for this long, he has been septic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Did Waterford put too much into the game against Tipp? No energy in them at all today, is the hard running game sustainable over a summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭spaceCreated

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Did Waterford put too much into the game against Tipp? No energy in them at all today, is the hard running game sustainable over a summer?

Few key injuries this week affected the gameplan a bit Id imagine, Moran probably wouldnt have started and looked really unfit today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭letsseehere14

Yeah, we were actually terrible, we basically only got to the final last year thanks to pure luck. We definitely werent trying out new things in the league either and slowly brining players back to fitness. No team should be worried about Waterford and should focus on the match afterwards as you will only have to show up on the pitch on the day to win. All our good players are basically at deaths door so you dont need to worry about them and we can only offer poor displays. We definitely dont offer a goal threat and dont need to be closed down, all defenders should look at any Waterford match as a training match at best. The best thing every tream can do against Waterford is reserve their energy for later in the Championship.

Dont know why that set you off. Waterford were very patchy in the league, thats a fact. Reinforced by that display today. That was a bad as Waterford have been since 2018 and 2019. Clare could have put 2-30 on the board. For all the talk about the Bennetts and Hutchinson they didnt threaten the Clare goal today.
    Very poor.

Dont know why that set you off. Waterford were very patchy in the league, thats a fact. Reinforced by that display today. That was a bad as Waterford have been since 2018 and 2019. Clare could have put 2-30 on the board. For all the talk about the Bennetts and Hutchinson they didnt threaten the Clare goal today.
    Very poor.

It was a tongue in cheek joke, we lost several key players in the previous couple of weeks, didnt think we deserved to be written off before the first sliotar was pucked

Edit: the joke was that we d prefer to be seen as underdogs, if you need that pointed out

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

A very disappointing game. They ll both improve but the decision making out there was terrible at times. Clare fullback line was old school Clare ,tigers. Waterford were bang average and totally outplayed for 50 plus minutes

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭letsseehere14

It was a tongue in cheek joke, we lost several key players in the previous couple of weeks, didnt think we deserved to be written off before the first sliotar was pucked

Edit: the joke was that we d prefer to be seen as underdogs, if you need that pointed out

Written off? I put ye fourth! Ahead of the team that just bet ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,900 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** it, well done Clare but i think they need to move up a level to beat Tipp next week

For Waterford we now have time to rebuilt and its very important we get Prunty and Barron back to full fitness. Id very much prefer Galway out of the qualifier's but one of Dublin/Wexford and Kilkenny will be tricky as ever. Getting one of Antrim or Laois would be ideal. we wait and see

• Advertisement

We got to all Ireland final last year? Being positioned as fourth would be writing us off for the year. Like what do you win for being fourth/fifth?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Waterford came back far too close for comfort today. I'd say the training session this week will need to focus on awareness and distribution in the opposition side of the pitch. Plenty of times a Clare player had the ball with plenty of time and passing options and they choose to take low percentage long range shots.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take long range shots, they can often be the right call, but when there is space and time to get into a better position, then we shouldn't be wasting possession like that, although I doubt we'll have as much space next week as we had today

• Registered Users Posts: 37,900 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are the qualifier's neutral venues this year ? if i recall they were last year but previous years it was home team first out in the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

The camogie teams of Galway Kilkenny would put those two teams to shame with the game last sunday night and the game to day.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Waterford came back far too close for comfort today. I'd say the training session this week will need to focus on awareness and distribution in the opposition side of the pitch. Plenty of times a Clare player had the ball with plenty of time and passing options and they choose to take low percentage long range shots.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take long range shots, they can often be the right call, but when there is space and time to get into a better position, then we shouldn't be wasting possession like that, although I doubt we'll have as much space next week as we had today

Isnt this Clare's big weakness over the years? I remember ye having the quickest forward line years ago running in to space and it would be go for long range point every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Isnt this Clare's big weakness over the years? I remember ye having the quickest forward line years ago running in to space and it would be go for long range point every time.

Yeah every now and then it all clicks and these long range shots win us the match, but more often, it sucks the life out of the game and costs us matches

the full forward line could go half the match without touching the ball sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Jackie Tyrrell was giving it "socks" on The Sunday Game last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Must have changed venues. I thought the Galway vs Dublin match was, initially, fixed for portlaoise.

RMAOK wrote: »
    Must have changed venues. I thought the Galway vs Dublin match was, initially, fixed for portlaoise.
    only announced change of venue in the last hour,its a covid test event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

only announced change of venue in the last hour,its a covid test event.

Good to see a bigger attendance at the matches, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

So we finally get fans and the lucky buggers get a double header

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Any sign of more attendees allowed for Munster semis?

formerlyET wrote: »
    Any sign of more attendees allowed for Munster semis?
    2,400 at Limerick Cork no word on Clare Tipp

https://www.corkbeo.ie/sport/gaa/thousands-fans-attend-corks-munster-20886647

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Rosita

RMAOK wrote: »
    Good to see a bigger attendance at the matches, at least.

Will be interesting to see if people object to Dublin having a 'home' game. Or is it just the footballers......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Rosita wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if people object to Dublin having a 'home' game. Or is it just the footballers......;)

The hurlers 'actually' play in Parnell, not even remotely comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Rosita

Four minutes for a reply? Standards are slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Michael Duignan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Michael Duignan

Give the man a break. I don't see what the issue is. He talks ****e for a living, big deal. That's the job of a commentator and a county board chairman. He's on point. Next stop, Taoiseach.

• Advertisement

formerlyET wrote: »
    Give the man a break. I don't see what the issue is. He talks ****e for a living, big deal. That's the job of a commentator and a county board chairman. He's on point. Next stop, Taoiseach.
    he missed offaly v louth yesterday to do co-comm

Advertisement