Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam McCarthy Cup) 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Galway are just so far off it it's unreal

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Galway are just so far off it it's unreal

1-11... a bad football score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Comical decision to blow for steps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭Robson99

McInerney at centre back for Galway a big weakness.

Huge problem. Shouldn't be on the team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Is this the worst game ever?

The decision making by everyone is incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

Robson99 wrote: »
    Huge problem. Shouldn't be on the team

A lorry would turn quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Is this the worst game ever?

The decision making by everyone is incredible

Just as I read that, the galway player does a sideline that goes straight out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

formerlyET wrote: »
    I guess all the analysts will be saying now that Galway are old.

I'm sure they will think of something. I'm loving this the rhetoric that the Leinster final was decided already to be a league final as well was nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

And again. Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭The White Feather

He did it again! :pac:

• Advertisement

It’s only a ****e game if you’re a Galway man, or maybe just don’t like Dublin. If Galway come back to win it, it will be great!!! Dublins work rate has been unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

I'm going for Dublin to surprise Galway like 2 years ago.

Game under their belt. Moving well.

Think Wexford might shade the next one for a novel Leinster final.

Canning has had a shocker

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

A lot of people had Galway as one of the All Ireland favourites. After that, you'd wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Too many scores and points in the game...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Galway lack of respect going for those early goals. 'We're going to steam roll you' attitude.

Galway like a team that were out on the town last night!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The team that wanted that won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭robbiezero

ArielAtom wrote: »
    It’s only a ****e game if you’re a Galway man, or maybe just don’t like Dublin. If Galway come back to win it, it will be great!!! Dublins work rate has been unreal.

I'd agree. Not a classic, but I enjoyed the game as much as any of the 60 pointers. Dublin brought a proper battle to Galway and fully deserved their win.

Some very silly stuff from Galway particularly trying to engineer low percentage goals with easy points for the taking.

Kilkenny, 2006-2009 could bury you in the first 10 min by going for the jugular with goals. But very few teams have that ability. Galway game plan backfired.

Very hard to know if they'll regroup for the qualifiers. A lot of key players pushing on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Dublin were the better team - a clever performance from Dublin in lots of aspects, on the line and on the field.

Great team goal - class finish from Crummey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Think Wexford might shade the next one for a novel Leinster final.

Would be the first time in 60 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Limerick will win it again this year, complacency is probably the biggest danger to them. Galway will flatter to deceive again, they might at a push win Leinster, but, wouldn't bet on it.

I posted this a few weeks back when people were saying Galway were Limerick's nearest rivals, it's one thing I've learned following Galway is that they nearly always let you down. A bit like Mayo in the football, when things go against them they're not capable of turning the tide. Fair play to Dublin, they have a good chance of winning a Leinster title now

I've a feeling Kilkenny could be Limerick's biggest rivals. There's a consistency of performance from them.

Still I don't know if a KK 2019 performance is enough to beat Limerick now, they've learnt from that.

I've a feeling Tipp have too many core players around 32 years old now. Great players but post peak.

Waterford, Clare, Cork so unpredictable. Interesting to see what Wexford are like now. They can't be as bad as last year at any rate.

In 2019 when Dublin beat Galway, to knock them out of the championship, Laois in turn beat them. Shows how much of an implosion there has been in Laois.

General question.

KK v Galway minor all ireland 2020 in Portlaoise next Saturday, will any number of the general public be allowed in? A few hundred, none?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭supernova5

Girly Gal wrote: »
    I posted this a few weeks back when people were saying Galway were Limerick's nearest rivals, it's one thing I've learned following Galway is that they nearly always let you down. A bit like Mayo in the football, when things go against them they're not capable of turning the tide. Fair play to Dublin, they have a good chance of winning a Leinster title now

fair play Girly Gal, you got it bang on

with the exception of Kilkenny very few if any of the Liam McCarthy teams carry the strong favourite tag comfortably, Galway of course take it to a another level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Speak Now wrote: »
    Would be the first time in 60 years!

I've been hoping for that final pairing for years. Would be very disappointed if it happened this year without a packed croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fair play to Dublin, Really wish I was a betting man

The qualifiers will be full of heavyweights

• Advertisement

McInerney at centre back for Galway a big weakness.

Really? I thought he played full back?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement