Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,837 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My dad does this, calls or receives calls from his family members and when the family ask about me and I’m there.. “ Strumms is great, here say hello “. I was passed the phone with his brother on the other end a man who I’d have a huge amount of ambivalence towards and despite living in the same city I haven’t seen in 20 years... but I’m giving my Dad daggers and my Uncle... “ ohhh great to hear from you, how is aunty Claire and the gang, right”... if this guy dropped dead i genuinely couldn’t care less so why I’d want to be talking to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Another thread reminded me of these two.

People who sing, play the guitar, etc and think there good when they aren't but they keep on playing it around you.

People really involved in a sport/the gym and they never stop talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Moving out of this gaff to a new one and thought I'd leave it tidy , washed floors, pulled out white goods , cleaned them. Grand. Then I started washing the walls , big mistake. But I've started so I have to keep going!. Or I might just leave it. 😡 the clean bits really show up how effing dirty the rest of them are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who are incapable of posting anything less than a magnum opus, every time they reply, regardless of the thread, subject or forum. Not everything has to be 17 pages long, dude.

I’ve a particular Levi’s trucker jacket that I’m fond of that is about 7 years old, I’ve been complemented on it over the years or had it commented on by a family member who really likes Levi’s stuff and that jacket but can never find it.... no surprise, I bought it about 7 years ago but I get a WhatsApp out of the blue around 9 pm last night again.. “ if you haven’t remembered where you got it yet (like I’ve been constantly trying to over the years) can you help me find one...”

google : Levi’s, blue, trucker, jacket...

• Advertisement

Waking up the day after a record euromillions, to an email " news about your ticket ". Log on the app , heart beating, only to find I've won ....£11.20.

It's not the first time this has happened, but I keep falling for it 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 21,834 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

For the second week in a row the Anti Vaxxers are protesting here in town , with signs saying our children are not guinea pigs etc ... Outside the Church .. where lots of children are going in for their First Holy Communion. I wouldn't mind but the Vaccination Centre is just up the road from the Church , go protest up there if they want .

At the risk of repeating my TA's , FB dating. X liked you , but X is always a Chinese lady either wearing sunglasses or slightly turned away. She's got a bachelors degree and lives in the Midlands. Call me cynical but .....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We are lucky enough in Iteland in that the antivaxxers for the most part are harmless kranks. I would use a protest like this as a good lesson for my kids as to why they need to listen in school.

My TA is that I have a cold but felt obliged to get covid tested as I need to goto the office on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Kiddies birthday party next door to me today, twats dropping guest children off kept blocking my driveway. Putting cones out next time!

On the subject of birthdays, I had one a few weeks ago. Not a big or special one so I didn't do anything or make a fuss. So much so that a lot of people forgot about it. That was fine with me! I'm not big into birthdays. However....

Last night I was talking to a friend who is really into birthdays and doing stuff, but unusually for him he forgot mine this year. His is coming up in 4 weeks and he asked me to go to a particular pub with him about 25 miles away. It would mean driving him there or getting a bus or maybe even an overnight stay.

Had to say I'm away that weekend, if you want a particular person to make a potentially expensive fuss of you for your birthday at least bother to remember theirs as well! It works both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Having to agree to cookies every single blessed time I click a post ? Or is that just me .

My Dad again taken by taxi to A&E this morning... it’s a bi-monthly thing now, thank fûck he was vaccinated back March/ April time... annoyed for him that the particular department can’t seem to get a handle on his issue, the method to help him seems to be a multitude of temporary fixes... “well because of your age sir, we’ll hold off operating for the moment and see how things are”...

better off just fixing the problem or trying to instead of the guy worrying about it constantly and at random intervals which have been day, night and morning having to drag himself into a&e, that’s not doing much for a man with worsening arthritis, blood pressure probs and a heart complaint in addition to this problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I lost someone very close a few weeks ago. I wish people would stop asking me how I am. They really don't want an honest answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Travelling abroad :( The Dept of Health are useless. I needed to change the name of my Covid Cert. They can not do this. I made 8 phone calls over 3 weeks. I lost count of the number of times I tried to change it myself on their website. It is just not possible. As result I now I have to have take Covid PCR Tests.

I am fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Nettles. Haven’t been stung by them in a long while but managed to while out “collecting” conkers with the kids earlier. Not so much sore as annoying.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

TFI real time app. So accurate when work but... *flails angrily*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When a tradesman says he would call this afternoon and then never bothers to show up 🙄

Also in Henry Street Dublin yesterday I heard this complete scrote screaming at her small child "WOULD YA STOP WALKIN' OVER ME LEGS YA DOZY FOOKIN' COONT, YE!" It was totally disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I'm 12 years in the one house and always pick the wrong switch to turn off the light.

You'd expect on a twin light switch kt would be at least 50/50

Nope. Almost every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Deseeding pomegranates. I absolutely hate doing it but have a moral objection (one that's entirely made up by me, because I'm just stubborn) to buying the little packs of seeds.

Try to put on the fitted sheet on my mattress. One corner on, the other pops off. Ah ÷#$@×

• Advertisement

I don't have 'that feeling'. Back in 08 or sometime ( when yer one from Limerick won the euromillions) I had a sense I was going to win. Not😔 this time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Three things have disappeared out of plain sight since Saturday(I blame the strange random rattle in the fridge for the food being missing) but its a strange combination.

Slices of spelt bread, some frozen rashers and a three year old uni book I need desperately.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

People complaining about Facebook being down. Surely they can go a day or so without some giant tax-dodging corporation abusing their personal info for profit.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 15,797 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Jesus the amount of whining and crying about a few hours of downtime.

I saw it was down and thought it was my sh1tty connection, so did something else, without getting withdrawal symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The one downside of whatsapp being back is that one annoying friend who constantly sends me "funny" pics is back in action. 24 hours without a racist meme coming my way was bliss.

Was out earlier for a bite to eat in Avoca Handweavers in Kilmac on way home from Dublin. I got up to go toilet after my lunch, and the GF went to order a coffee. Came back to see my seat was taken by someone among crowd of older people, without permission. Now I know they are the generation we've to look after, and they should have precedence when it comes to a chair yada, but everyone in that cafe had equal rights to a seat, and I am carrying an injury anyway and need to sit down. It's the pure rudeness of taking it without asking that is annoying, and I find some of that age-group to be quite ignorant and presumptive in hospitality settings.

Had you left any items on at the table to denote it was taken?

The tide is turning…

Yes, the GF had left her jacket on the seat, and the car-keys were on it as well. In like a vulture as I was gone no length.

Poor form. Could easily have loitered nearby and asked if they could have the table when you were done.

The tide is turning…

You'll get ignorant bastards in all age groups.

I think we expect more from granny and grandad though 😝

• Advertisement

And I would have had no qualms offering up my seat if he had of asked, as I wanted to look around the shop anyway.

Advertisement