Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

First day back in the office today. Managed to get myself off to a great start by setting my alarm for 6pm instead of am 🙄

Only in one day a week, thank fook. I'm only halfway in and I've already had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

That the second cup of tea in the mornings is never as nice as the first

Left my house at 7.30am, got home at 7.30pm. I genuinely can't believe I used to do this nonsense 5 days a week, every week.

Put my dinner on 20 minutes ago. Went to check it there and I had the grill on instead of the fan oven 😭

Stone cold casserole under a layer of cremated potatoes. I think I'll just go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,984 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

At my local shopping center 3 hours ago, stocking up on drinks and some snacks in Dealz, as I go in the usual young guy sat on the ground outside begging for money, I just walk in anyway, a comment is made as various ones are the odd times like “fûckin xyz ” to which I pay no mind or acknowledgement , inside i get what I need and leave... this time he’s roaring abuse as I pass...he’s just blanked again, I get to the car about 30 feet away having refused to look or acknowledge his presence and start putting stuff on the back seat... this time I noticed he’s up , standing directly in front of me about 15 feet away and eyeballing me, nothing is said however, I’ve previously had a conversation with a dealz employee and they are sick of him, in fact as I’m getting ready to leave after visiting the pharmacy next door he is verbally abusing the three girls locking up... he’s quite obviously a fûcking junkie / psycho oddball, so why are the center security not advising him to leave, he is there daily, it’s private property and he needs to quit harassing shoppers and shop staff....he isn’t leaving there is a Garda station 2 minutes drive away ffs....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Begging is only illegal within 15 ft of an ATM or open bank unfortunately. Not much can be done if outside it, but he should be moved if he's inside.

My TA is my current work colleague. He's crap. Like terribly crap. We have a process for one task, and it's black and white what you need to do and comment, but he always does the bare minimum which isn't even proper process and we end up having to correct them during one of the weekly audits. Has been mentioned countless times, but nothing has been done. Caught him hiding cases one weekend he was working, by rescheduling them to reappear in the queue after his weekend was over. And doesn't correctly assign stuff out either. We're doing this audit for the last few months, and he hasn't done a tap on it. Pure laziness and it annoys me greatly.

• I have become progressively more impatient since pandemic. Was impatient by default, but learned to put a lid of pseudo-serenity on it, well since lifted. Ok I pretend to be polite a lot of time, but it’s so superficial.

I rage about:

• Drivers failing to progress on green light
    • Drivers driving way too slow, they are either trolling or phoning friends.
    • Shoppers fumbling with coins or wallet at checkout.
    • Anybody who does not have their ducks in a row when ducks should be in a row 😬
    • And other stuff.

Ok, that I didn’t know, but as he’s on a path on private property, as in outside a shopping center on a pathway leading to ‘outside’ shops...I’d guess he could be told to sling his hook ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I did a job interview over video conference. Suit on, very formal

At the end I was thanked for attending and we said goodbye and I waved to the camera. Why did I wave goodbye in a job interview?? It was just a natural reaction I guess.

3 seconds later I thought I looked like a moron 😏

Not the worst mistake ever made on video conference but Ta’d for a little while

• Registered Users Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm not alone !! I did that , not once but twice. Paranoid using the oven now , checking the timer is OK and that I've the right appliance on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I went on a massive rant at my boss yesterday about a colleague (lets call her Sarah) who, despite me repeating the process till I'm blue in the face, had apparently incorrectly closed off actions that were assigned to her. I spent an hour re-opening all the actions and assigning them correctly. Came in to an email this morning from my other colleague (who I had cc'd into the ranty email) informing me that Sarah hadn't actually messed up the actions and that they had all been done properly.

So I wasted an hour of my time, and looked like a fool in front of my colleague and boss. le-sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

So far this week, I shared a negative experience with a colleague who has had a horrible time with a bully in management, to show them they were not alone. I answered their questions which supported their case for stress leave bc of this persons behaviour. No response to these comments.

I put up a txt on the group text to let ppl know an nb poll was available now, offered accommodation to colleagues who would have to be in this area for a mandatory work thing.

Yesterday a male colleague put the same text(about the poll) up, and one person responded to my offer calling me by my work partners name!

Now ppl are thanking male colleague for putting the notice up(they would have had to scroll past mine to see his)

The only reason I know I actually exist is that I got the esb bill today!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,254 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A work colleague who just annoys the crap out of me 😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Im fit to kill right now 🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I overslept this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I cannot get the heat into me.

My belly. God I wish I had more self control. *sniff sniff* 🐖🐖😭😭😆

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I got up early to do so work to get a head start on the day but cannot login for some reason.

i have a rare day where I don’t have any plans or anywhere to be... yet I get woken by somebody here at about 3.30am who was sounding like they were rearranging a closet for what reason I’ve no idea, bags rustling, hangers dropping in the closet (this sound ughh) , door closing all in the dead of night about 3.30 am, zero attempt at stealth in any of this ....The closet is against the wall separating our bedrooms so the noise reverberated ...I ended up letting a roar but it stopped and started again... when they are stressed in fairness they tend to look for stuff to do, DIY, cleaning, rearranging, making phone calls etc... yesterday I noted they were hardly off the phone...

Then, after that ive no alarm set but wake at 6.55, no reason why, no noises the carry on has stopped but fûck it, slept little and woke early... not a great start. Ughhh, saving grace really is no plans today ... which is just as well, I’m knackered tired though...like seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hospital departments that never answer their phone. and I mean never. My sister tried all day monday and tuesday. I am trying today. it just rings and rings and then the call drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

HR staff who don't understand menopause or other hormone/heat related conditions!

So the write increasingly glib responses to women impacted by these.

TA I have to explain biology to an infant in HR about something they should be trained in or have informed themselves on the first time they meet someone with issues around these symptoms.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Longing. Wishing. To never "have" to work again.

To be free of working obligations to pay the bills. God that would be good. daydream

I'm sure I'd find something else to long for if that was the case but still. God it'd be lovely. 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

@There is a light don't give up on your daydream. I worked on an assembly line for years, felt like a hamster on a wheel. Redundancy package was offered, I retrained and now do what I love. I can pick how much work I take on, and have a modest nest egg. Keep believing.

Sorry mod, not a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Drivers. I try not to get annoyed and let things wash over me but sometimes it gets to me.

Yesterday going to the shop during lunch, a car swings around a bend in my estate in the middle of the road nearly hitting me (me driving on my side tight to the curb). I need to actually swerve a little to avoid them and my wheels graze the curb. They don't even blink.

I finish in the shop and am 1st in the line at the lights to leave the car park. To my right are cars parked (at 90degrees to the road), sometimes they try to join the line to exit. Thats usually fine, 99% of the time they indicate and are mostly let out. But yesterday this guy tried to pull out in front of me from the side, I wouldnt let him out and went out. He then started to beep me. I just don't get it.

What gives him the right to be annoyed that he couldn't bully his way out first?

Corner cutting at speed the last couple of years is seemingly an increasing shîtty phenomenon .. it’s just lazy arsed careless driving...

Ah deadly that sounds great maggie. It's nice to hear a story like that. Fair play to you for chasing your own dream. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Anyone who lets other drivers in, in the morning, when people are trying to get to work.

When they do that to feel all nice and good about themselves they're really just fuking over every single person behind them.

False altruism, just delays other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The perfect system is a 1 by 1, which I somehow managed to start one day in a queue. If everyone allowed 1 car out, then traffic would move better in general. Unfortunately, you have people who won't leave anyone out, and people who take advantage of the good nature and try and come out as the second car, nearly taking the front off yours.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

You turn the shower on and wait for it to warm up.

You hop in the shower and get wet.

You reach for a bottle of body wash.

You open the lid and squeeze the bottle.

You have your hand out and a decent blob lands in your palm.

You go to rub it on your chest only for the blob to splat to the floor and slither towards to drain.

TA'd.

I recently got seconded to a client for part of the week. Part of the deal was meant to be that I wasn't expected to also be doing my own job on those days, but of course that hasn't turned out to be the case. I started at 8am this morning and have spent the entire day going between two laptops, two notebooks, two diaries etc. Just logged off there and genuinely feel as if my brain has been scrambled like an egg.

Hold me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that privacy seems to go over my OH's head a lot.

Every now and then after I finish work, I'll ring her to ask what the plans are for the evening (movie, dinner, etc.).

Sometimes though, she'll be at her mother's, and I don't know if it's the way i was raised but when someone rings me, I'll make sure I leave the room and be somewhere private to answer. Doesn't matter what it is.

My missus doesn't do this. I'll ring her and she'll be in the living room sitting right next to someone (nephew, mother, could be anyone) and people in the background will start shouting "HI DAVE" or cracking jokes while I'm trying to talk to her. She derails the phone call and involves other people then. It pisses me off because she has no idea what mood I'm in, where I am mentally at that moment -- I could be trying to deliver bad news or something and she'd be none the wiser. She just assumed it's okay to involve everyone else in the phone call.

I just rang her tonight and I didn't even get a hello, I got a "here (brother) dya want to talk to Dave?"

I rang YOU, darling. I didn't call your mother's house phone. I've just finished work and you know I'm an introvert, stop making me talk to everyone.

Post edited by Gamer Bhoy 89 on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement