Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PWInsider followed up today saying 20k to 25k plus first class fights and hotel, food and ground transport for a 3 hour appearance is what his manager has been quoting promoters who have made contact.

Unreal notions this lad has after eating at the top table for a few years. I know he apparently apologised for his comments last year and that’s good but it’s clear unlike many of his friends in wwe and elsewhere that he’s never had to work his way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PWInsider followed up today saying 20k to 25k plus first class fights and hotel, food and ground transport for a 3 hour appearance is what his manager has been quoting promoters who have made contact.
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Unreal notions this lad has after eating at the top table for a few years. I know he apparently apologised for his comments last year and that’s good but it’s clear unlike many of his friends in wwe and elsewhere that he’s never had to work his way up.

Braun Strowman; Silver spoon MFer...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't see how it's notions. He's allowed to set his price, if someone wants to pay the huge fee that's on them. It's clearly a prohibitively large fee where any promoter isn't gonna make their money back so he probably doesn't want any bookings.

If he was making a million a year then he's got $300,000 or so coming to him over the next few months. If I were him I'd be kicking back and taking a nice break.

• J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't see how it's notions. He's allowed to set his price, if someone wants to pay the huge fee that's on them. It's clearly a prohibitively large fee where any promoter isn't gonna make their money back so he probably doesn't want any bookings.

If he was making a million a year then he's got $300,000 or so coming to him over the next few months. If I were him I'd be kicking back and taking a nice break.

Indeed, that old adage - "Everyone has a price."

He's just setting his.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »

He’s allowed to set his price alright but the promoters are allowed to tell him to jog on when they get his demands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,674 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joe and Black linked to Nxt returns

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He’s allowed to set his price alright but the promoters are allowed to tell him to jog on when they get his demands.

Which is the point.

He doesn’t want to work for “small” promoters. That level of requested payment is basically a gate to immediately cut out offers from places he doesn’t want to work.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Which is the point.

He doesn’t want to work for “small” promoters. That level of requested payment is basically a gate to immediately cut out offers from places he doesn’t want to work.

Yet realistically, how many Independent promotions worldwide could afford Braun and the demands his agent's quoting?

You could run several shows for his demands.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yet realistically, how many Independent promotions worldwide could afford Braun and the demands his agent's quoting?

You could run several shows for his demands.

I think there’s a weird issue where people are saying this as if that means Braun should lower his demands.

Braun doesn’t want to work small shows. He’s set a price that, as you point out, most Indy promoters won’t find reasonable. If one decides to go for it, fair enough, Braun gets paid a small fortune. But that’s unlikely to happen.

That’s fine. Both are right, Braun doesn’t want to do shows and shows won’t want to book him. Braun isn’t hard up for money, nor does he seem desperate to wrestle. He’s made his choice. He’s under no obligation to go the Indy route or make himself easily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I don't blame him for setting the price high anyway. He is useful as a special attraction used very sparingly, as soon as you use up that lustre he ends up exactly like he did in WWE, a freakish giant you no longer believe to be a real threat who is neither a great worker or a great promo.

At the prices mentioned AEW could book him for three Dynamites and a PPV and get a hype generating storyline for about 100k. NJPW could do the same, and maybe Impact.

The territories era would have suited him down to the ground, touring the country and keeping it fresh to local audiences. Not sure how anyone could keep him interesting longer term.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

^^^ I'd thank that twice if I could, I think you've nailed it. Braun can be a part-timer "in for a short term angle" kinda guy in a lot of the bigger places with TV money to spend. I'm sure his knees would thank him for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Samoa Joe returning to NXT as the new commissioner replacing Regal.

Seems he isn't medically cleared to wrestle so maybe other companies only wanted him as a wrestler.

Samoa Joe returning to NXT as the new commissioner replacing Regal.

Seems he isn't medically cleared to wrestle so maybe other companies only wanted him as a wrestler.

So again I ask the question? What was the absolute flying monkey **** point in releasing him in the first place?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So again I ask the question? What was the absolute flying monkey **** point in releasing him in the first place?

Say they were paying him $1m a year, sack him then hire him back on $500k year a nice half a million in company coffers instead of the talents.

Reports tonight that multiple talents released have asked the WWE to forgo their 90 day releases as they want to get back working.

WWE has Jonny Ace dealing with it and seem happy to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't see why they should be allowed to forego it unless it's in exchange for some sort of gagging. They signed a contract at the end of the day and knew what termination entailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't it a case of they can cut short the 90 days but won't get their full severance or whatever you want to call it?

Everyone wants to be available for Slammiversary. :)
    They tease all the names, but who from last year actually appeared? Think was The Good Brothers and Brian Myers?

It's now being reported that the WWE are going to throw money at Tommy End to bring him back as Aleister Black to keep him away from AEW :)

It's now being reported that the WWE are going to throw money at Tommy End to bring him back as Aleister Black to keep him away from AEW :)

Same deal as Joe for being canned I'm speculating, on too much money? Bring him back on a cheaper contract?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Isn't it a case of they can cut short the 90 days but won't get their full severance or whatever you want to call it?

Everyone wants to be available for Slammiversary. :)
    They tease all the names, but who from last year actually appeared? Think was The Good Brothers and Brian Myers?

Pretty much.

My understanding is when they get cut, they get their wages for 90 more days. They can give that up and appear anywhere they want instantly. But most seem happy to get three months worth of wages while resting up.

Plus, until recently, there probably wasn’t anywhere they were eager to get to. Now, they can ride the wave of popularity to move into a better gig in AEW, for instance.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pretty much.

My understanding is when they get cut, they get their wages for 90 more days. They can give that up and appear anywhere they want instantly. But most seem happy to get three months worth of wages while resting up.

Plus, until recently, there probably wasn’t anywhere they were eager to get to. Now, they can ride the wave of popularity to move into a better gig in AEW, for instance.

Also with the 90 days it increases the chances of them being able to debut/return in front of a live crowd

The IIconics have said they are only available as a package deal wherever they go.

They will be working as The IInspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm, Doesn't work as well for the shout and pose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm guessing they end up in TNA. Just don't see them in AEW.

I could get behind this giant if you gave him a mouth piece and didn't let him talk and just let him monster people.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQcRCxuhyiY/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think if he is really interested in wrestling and not WWEntertainment he could be rehabilitated in Japan, They love giants there and could do a great job with him. I just don't think his heart is in wrestling it's in Entertainment.

I think that's it really he only suits WWE I just couldn't see him right now in any of the other North American promotion, A run in Japan might turn him into a real monster however I don't think he really cares about wrestling.

The whole Goofy stuff for the last couple of years killed whatever chance he had at being a monster anywhere other than the WWE.

• Advertisement
Advertisement