Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.Buzz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

Sorry, I've no idea. The Plus models confused the heck out of me. You'd just have to find brochures online and compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Drove past a VW garage yesterday and saw €240 per month written on the buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Very underwhelming seeing the monotone version up close like I saw twice throughout the week- a blue grey silver effort - the whole point about this thing, especially given the price, is how it looks, how it makes you feel and how it makes others feel - it may as well have been a Toyota Hiace passing for all the impact it had on me-.

I agree. I can not understand how a monotone version even exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I asked in one of the garages about the two tone and they said they were getting them wrapped for an extra cost

Tbh, I'd kinda be tempted to get a monotone version and get it wrapped in whatever colour I want

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Where was that? There seems to be a bunch on sale in Kerry from what I can see on DoneDeal

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

€240 a month is only €9K over a 3 year PCP. They must need a massive deposit.

That's what I was thinking, normally they only allow 30% deposit but maybe they've raised it

Or else the GMFV is ridiculously high

Could also be a HP or Lease

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd sell the Ioniq 5 and PCP one if the €240 was realistic. Feck the range, there's enough fast chargers popping up.

• Advertisement

Same here, it does look like it'd be a bit of a downgrade and I'm not sure I'd be happy without my Travel Assist and LED headlights

The missus will certainly be unhappy without the 2 zone climate 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I don’t think they have a camera atm? Which is probably why they have the 0%. I’ve seen it crossed out on a few different dealer’s pages but it’s there when you config on VW’s page

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The latter. Saw the figures somewhere. GMFV was like €40k!

Edit: I think those prices are commercial BTW.

Does the buzz not have matrix lights? And isn’t 2 zone a standard feature in the ID range aswell as travel assist

2 zone is standard, although I like having the 3 zone for the kids in the back seats

Matrix headlights aren't on the Life version, which seems to be the most common one

No Travel Assist on any of the Buzz trims that I can see, which is extremely strange. Maybe it's available as a software unlock

EDIT: Also looking at the spec sheet on the Life, it mentions a Non Smokers package

Wtf is that supposed to be???

EDIT 2: Actually the Tech and presumably Max have Travel Assist, it's buried in the safety systems

Looking looooonnnngggg term- like 10 plus years, do ya reckon if kept in good Nick these would go for circa 20k? Assuming you could get a new battery replacement for maybe 10k(I know nothing so feel free to correct me) , you’d have a nice little retro thing for 30 k with another 7-10 years life in it before the next fit out?

Looking at it that way, it’s approx 5k a year but for that you’d really want two tone and some of the camper goodies not just a basic model- especially if you want to “enjoy” it over those 10 years.

So on that note, VW have done all that thinking for you and are ensuring that you’ll gain absolutely sweet fck all buying one of these versions at those prices, even if you do keep it and TRY to enjoy it over 10 years

RE: 0% pcp offer - take what you want from that

From a carzone.ie advert

0% PCP FINANCE NOW AVAILABLE! The new all-electric ID. Buzz Fully electric, fully connected and full of new ideas. VERY LIMITED OFFER WHILE STOCKS LAST* *July Registrations only. To View By Appointment Please contact Sheehy Naas VW on 045 906 675 or email 

Also it’s a bit off the original hype of the concept:

I’d be hoping better models for similar prices will be available in years to come

A lot depends on your intended use case, if you want a camper on a relatively low budget then you'll probably be looking at getting one second hand and converting, rather than buying an ID. California or whatever they call it

I guess I'd be looking at the depreciation on a 2013 VW Caravelle or Touran which were the equivalent cars 10 years ago

EV deprecation is going back to the same as ICE cars, so the percentages should hold

I wouldn't be overly worried about needing a battery replacement after 10 years, unless the car has huge mileage and lots of fast charging. Even worst case, say 25% degradation, you're looking at 58kWh, enough for probably 200-250km motorway driving

And it's quite likely that if the battery is heavily degraded then it'll be a single cell which has gone bad quicker. An independent garage will probably be able to replace the bad cells for a lot less than €10k

• Advertisement

Yeah, the SWB is a far cry from the concept 😕

If you look at the videos of the LWB version, it's a bit nicer inside with more flexible seating

I'm hoping they copy the rails system over from the Multivan, which is basically the same as the concept Buzz

That plus some decent V2G, 2-3kW rather than a couple hundred watts and it'll be a winner IMO

Thanks- only other “gripe” then will be the state of the interior in years to come - those yellow or cream seats won’t wear well - replacement items needs to become a standard factor/feature on electric cars from now on ie-what’s the cost of replacement of interior ??? If we’re going this unsure route of “electric” then we need to go the whole hog- reduce, reuse and recycle - that infrastructure just isn’t there right now- we’ve got bloody expensive electric vehicles but absolutely no regard or vision on place for recycle - these machines could be worth a lot more in years to come if that infrastructure and stability was put in place now- the new buyer and reluctant buyer indeed, need reassurance but they need it before forking out a ton of money

Would love to test drive it just to see how well it performs on b roads with passengers - if it feels like a van, then it needs to come way down in price - I’d be hoping FIAT or similar would get into this market and shake it up a bit and get something camper like going similar to the success of the 500, but at a much cheaper price to the buzz - or Citroen bringing back their vans from the 50sand 60s- they’d go down a storm -the market is there but the completion right now is zero

An AutoExpress review mentioned an additional £2740 for two tone.

Basic ID4s didn't have reverse camera as standard which really surprised me for such an expensive car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭joe1303l

A reverse camera can easily be retrofitted to OEM standard for €500 - €600. Better than having to spend €3K+ on the next model up that has a load of other stuff you don’t need or want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭joe1303l

As others have suggested, a top half wrap would surely be cheaper. Could be very worthwhile if you got a good deal on a 2nd hand monotone car. Long term a wrap deteriorating would be my only concern.

Bit of a rant there 😉

Tbh, I'd say bigger concerns than the recyclability of car interiors at the moment. In general the ID cars are using a lot of recycled materials in their interiors already, plus they've even developed a paper based material for interior trims which is completely recyclable

As I said though, there's bigger issues I think should be tackled first. For example if given the choice of banning the use of single use plastic packaging in supermarkets, or banning non recyclable materials in cars, I'd personally think the first one would have a better impact

Both are good obviously, but you also need to go for the low hanging fruit where you can first

From the reviews, I wouldn't be expecting sports car performance, it's 2.5 tonnes after all 😉

It's apparently a far cry from a bog standard van as well, much better acceleration and the low center of gravity makes it less like steering the Titanic around corners

Being realistic, I don't see the Buzz catching on big time even if the price comes down by €20k. Nostalgia is great and all, but most people want a car which is functional, can drop the kids to school and get the shopping, not a van.

I think VW kind of had to make it given the response to the concept, but VW Commercial vehicles have already said they're going to be focusing on an electric Transporter and Crafter rather than fully adopting the Buzz as a new platform. Makes sense since all the aftermarket modifications for commercial customers are geared around those vans already.

Nostalgia can definitely sell cars, but it's got limits. Look at the Mini or Fiat 500 as examples, both have had larger CUV variants released as well which kind of indicates where the market is going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I kind of want the other stuff too - i’m like inspector gadget 🤣🤣 I’ve noticed the prices for new have gone down a little in the last week or so - so the demos i’m looking at online in some cases coming out a few k dearer than new. My last 2 cars were new so I didn’t haggle.. is there a magic % I can expect to get off the price if I try to haggle? Ie how much should I expect to pay for a demo 2022/2023 Max or Tech

Post edited by tk123 on

Advertisement