Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to 'normal': Have you changed?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I have changed in that I would expect not to commute to work as often as I did in the past. In my industry once or twice a week in the office is enough.

Other than that I deliberately refuse to change my outlook on life and what I expect from a return to normal (pre-2020). I can't wait to ditch the horrendous masks - I dont see any evidence they are helping anyway - and I will certainly go back to normal e.g. shaking hands and hugging and crowded pubs etc.

The whole show was a massive overreaction in my opinion to begin with and I will resist any lingering 'measures' and I cant see myself ever changing in that outlook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Wanderer78 wrote: »

I think if he could choose he'd definitely err on the side of caution and choose to go without the poor imitation of human contact over a potential scalding.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    I think if he could choose he'd definitely err on the side of caution and choose to go without the poor imitation of human contact over a potential scalding.

Aw, cmon...throw some king of bone here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sam Hain wrote: »

oh ffs! frontline staff are overwhelmed, they cannot fulfill all of their general duties, such as comforting the dying, hence.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I have had a very difficult year with work stress, the pandemic has both been a blessing and a curse in this respect. Working from home I haven't been constantly face to face with the people triggering the stress but also I have had very few distractions from work. I'd love to continue to work from home but don't think my work will allow it. Mentally the stress manifested in a physical sense and I've developed gastritis.

I'm at a cross roads in my life where I am wondering if I should stay in the city where I am in this job and buy a flat. The job is fine but I dislike management and they did something that meant I had to take action against them, I was successful but it was a pyrrhic victory in a sense. I'd like to find a partner but I find it difficult to meet people here and it's the same people all the time. I want to go in a different direction but I'm afraid because I'm not in a profession that is in demand and allows people to move country also I was unemployed during the recession and I struggled for years to find proper work.

My parents are getting older and I want to not be too far from them but I also would love to live abroad and test myself in a different culture, I'm too old for work abroad visas. A lot of these problems stem from a lack of confidence but I also don't want to take for granted what I've built for myself.

I've started reading more philosophy, I've started doing more mindfulness activities, certain things have had their value heightened relationships etc.,

You could say the pandemic has really tRIgGeRed me big time.

Advertisement