Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF: Werewolf Wrestling Federation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Necro wrote: »
    WCW are Invading!

MrKingsley made his way out to the ring and decided to call out the wolves. He had heard there were some bad guys in the locker room and wanted them to come out and show themselves. Wrestlers often think they can take on all challengers but in retrospect it was rather foolish to do this with no backup, even if there was no way MrKingsley could anticipate what would happen next. That is because as soon as he started to cut a promo about a supposed negative element within the WWF an unexpected external threat arrived in the most unexpected of ways

BigAmpleCatbird-max-1mb.gif

and made their presence known

pzRF_l.gif

The WCW wrestlers have made their presence known and MrKingsley has paid the price and has been munched.
    AdolescentPlainCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

A Canadian Destroyer has been reversed!!

So this is where my lack of wrestling knowledge is going to be a major hindrance :o

WCW - World Championship Wrestling - was a competitor to WWE/WWF, their wrestlers are the nWo, Sting, Nitro Machine, Madusa and Goldberg. (This is all from a wiki article - there were monster trucks named after this wrestlers).

Canadian Destroyer: Peter Williams III (born August 26, 1981) is a Canadian professional wrestler. He is currently signed to Impact Wrestling where he is a two-time X Division Champion, and former captain of Team Canada. He was also in Lucha Libre USA (LLUSA), where he held the Tag Team Championship with Jon Rekon. He was also known by his nickname "The Canadian Destroyer", a reference to his front flip piledriver finishing move of the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Patrick WW wrote: »
    That finisher that was used, the canadian destroyer, is used by Petey Williams, currently signed to Impact wrestling.

As far as I can tell, he never competed in the WWE or WCW, so do we have another promotion in play?

You can name your finisher whatever you want. It's in the OP

Holly WW wrote: »
    First item of note..... no auto priest.
    no auto priest is unfortunate

What is this auto priest?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

That finisher that was used, the canadian destroyer, is used by Petey Williams, currently signed to Impact wrestling.

As far as I can tell, he never competed in the WWE or WCW, so do we have another promotion in play?

Players appear to be able to name their finishers.... so Im guessing a player just likes the move.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its already been established that you can name your move whatever you want, so I guess we can't read too much into the name? Other than we can reasonably guess someone decently well versed in pro-wrestling chose it (I'd guess a lot of people don't know what a Canadian Destroyer is....)

I thought we might have known the target though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So no autopriest ( i know that one from reading the glossary :D) , there could be multiple wolf teams? would they know each other?

Is that finisher a real one?

Loads of questions sorry, the games i have played so far haven't really been complex and then add in lack of knowledge on the subject, i am utterly confused at present

Lord TSC wrote: »

Would the target get a pm maybe?

cee_jay wrote: »
    What is this auto priest?

When a player dies, if an auto priest mechanic is used by mods, players will know the alignment and character of a player upon their death.

With no details of a players alignment following their death, we can assume a player has this power. We can assume a player receives the details of the dead, so one player presumably knows what side Mr King was on and his role.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

ShaneU wrote: »
    You can name your finisher whatever you want. It's in the OP
    Players appear to be able to name their finishers.... so Im guessing a player just likes the move.

Ah ok, I missed that part. There goes my theory then.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Would the target get a pm maybe?

I assume you didnt get a PM then.

I didnt either.

• Advertisement

Its already been established that you can name your move whatever you want, so I guess we can't read too much into the name? Other than we can reasonably guess someone decently well versed in pro-wrestling chose it (I'd guess a lot of people don't know what a Canadian Destroyer is....)

I don't think we should, otherwise the wolves would know who was prone to be able to finish them off?
    So who ever has been targeted loses their vote in the lynch tonight.

When a player dies, if an auto priest mechanic is used by mods, players will know the alignment and character of a player upon their death.

With no details of a players alignment following their death, we can assume a player has this power. We can assume a player receives the details of the dead, so one player presumably knows what side Mr King was on and his role.

Thanks - there was yet another thing there thrown into the mix for me not to understand :P I was just about to ask too how come we don't know if McKingsley was NRV or roled!

Trigger wrote: »
    So no autopriest ( i know that one from reading the glossary :D) , there could be multiple wolf teams? would they know each other?

Is that finisher a real one?

Loads of questions sorry, the games i have played so far haven't really been complex and then add in lack of knowledge on the subject, i am utterly confused at present

I think maybe I should read the glossary... :P:P:P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

What does that mean a Canadian Destroyer has been reversed?

cee_jay wrote: »
    I don't think we should, otherwise the wolves would know who was prone to be able to finish them off?
    So who ever has been targeted loses their vote in the lynch tonight.

No, getting hit TWICE costs you your vote. The move was reversed, meaning the person who got hit still votes.

Jake WW wrote: »

I presume someone attacked another player with their finisher.

Their finisher was called a Canadian Destroyer.

It appears the finisher was reversed and the attacker got KO'd.... the attacker is prone if my reading of the rules are correct.

Finisher Mechanic

Each of you have exactly one stored finishing move which you can use on another superstar at any time in the game. 

To use your finisher (you can name it if you wish), simply PM the game mods with your target. 

There are three possible effects your finishing move may have:

1. Reversal - if you target another player who has a stored finishing move they will be able to reverse the attack, at the cost of their own finisher. No harm will come to either opponent.

2. Knocked Prone - if you target another player with your finishing move and they do not have the ability to reverse it, you will knock them prone and the target will lose their lynch vote in the next available lynch. The prone state finishes after the lynch.

3. TKO - A player who has already been knocked prone by a finishing move can be eliminated from the game completely by use of another finisher within the same phase. They will be knocked out and unable to continue in their WWF Career. 

1013690ac035b2e5a16c569d96661b8d.gif

tenor.gif

show-rusev-gifs-001_001.gif

There may or may not be opportunities for superstars to gain/replenish their finisher throughout the game...

So someone used their finishing move, but it was reversed by the person hit, so they won't lose their vote tonight after all. But that person is now open to being hit by another finishing move.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Someone used there finisher (named the candian destroyer) on someone, that player reversed it (I think we all have 1 reverse or you have 2) so if that player is targeted again (assuming it is not you) they will be stunned, if they are targeted a 3rd time they are out of the game.

It appears the finisher was reversed and the attacker got KO'd.... the attacker is prone if my reading of the rules are correct.

1. Reversal - if you target another player who has a stored finishing move they will be able to reverse the attack, at the cost of their own finisher. No harm will come to either opponent.

Im wrong, from OP.....

1. Reversal - if you target another player who has a stored finishing move they will be able to reverse the attack, at the cost of their own finisher. No harm will come to either opponent.

So both players lose their finishers.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

GOOD MORNING THREAD!
    THE GREAT ONE (2.0) HAS ARRIVED!

I hate not having auto priest :(

Nigel WW wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING THREAD!
    THE GREAT ONE (2.0) HAS ARRIVED!

hard claiming The Rock?

giphy.gif

khalessi wrote: »
    Morning folks hows it going, youve been waiting and its happened, here I am The Great One, now whats today's plan? I woke up saw the sun and for a moment went yayyyyy sunny day, go to beach, then I emembered oh 2021 5k restriction disapppointing. Hows everyone?
    hard claiming The Rock?

giphy.gif

I believe that was done prior to my substitution.

Anyone any thoughts on why Kingsley was targeted? Feels like his munch got glossed over a bit by the Canadian Destroyer. Not sure if that was good timing or not.

Could be 2 wolf teams. I guess we will find out tomorrow with the munch flava.

If there are 2 wolf teams, there may have been an on tread task to decide which got the first munch.

So long Mr. K, can't be sure if you were good or bad so I will reserve my sympathy.

An interesting comment..... why do you assume a task was involved?

Anyone any thoughts on why Kingsley was targeted? Feels like his munch got glossed over a bit by the Canadian Destroyer. Not sure if that was good timing or not.

been a while since I played a game where an actual player was munched day 1 rather than a fake person. more than likely a shot in the dark? can't see much in his posting from a quick read this morning,

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I believe that was done prior to my substitution.

Well you've confirmed it now I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Goodbye Khaleesi, Hello Nigel and RIP Mr KINGSLEY!

Maaaaan, I'm gonna have to go back and read the glossary. I thought I knew most of the rules of werewolf but auto-priests?

Do we know who was targeted with that finishing move? Do the intended targets find out?

• Advertisement

Glossed over? Its been 30 minis.

Give it time to breath man.

Advertisement