Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying politician at the minute

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Has to be Simon Coveney. Talks so much utter sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Clare Daly and Mick Wallace double act. The very worst type of left winger and I'd consider myself left leaning. Supporting despotic regimes on the "anyone who's an enemy of Britain/USA/Israel is a friend of mine" school of thinking.

Agree completely but thankfully as they both settled into their respective EU nests, we hear little or nothing from them, I suppose Wallace in particular lost his MOJO once Nama went of the rader.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

BanditLuke wrote: »

Yep he's a PhD in wafflery & Smugness

Wanderer78 wrote:
    Politics is actually an extremely sh1t job, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, feel sorry for them all, even the ones I disagree with

They weren't forced into it you know and I'm sure their bank balance isn't complaining. My uncle was a TD so I know there's a lot of work involved but there is some amount of spoofers in politics and it's okay to point out if they're rubbish in their role. If a person can't take criticism then they shouldn't be a politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Louise o reilly, I've said it before, each and every person who votes for her must be deaf , that voice, oh that voice

• Advertisement

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Holly cairns is the best looking anyway. On matt Cooper now, she's a fantastic looking woman

Agreed, pity she's a Soc Dem

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mary Lou - pure hypocrite howling against everything that's happening down here while Sinn Fein in the north are doing the exact things she's railing against here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

They weren't forced into it you know and I'm sure their bank balance isn't complaining. My uncle was a TD so I know there's a lot of work involved but there is some amount of spoofers in politics and it's okay to point out if they're rubbish in their role. If a person can't take criticism then they shouldn't be a politician.

they are human beings, theres a fine line between criticism and abuse, and most nowadays is just abuse. most enter it in order to try make a difference, they enter for the right reasons, but id say its ultimately just a head fcuk

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

CC-NEW-DAIL-_3390329315.jpg

Hard disagree. He's probably the most policy-focused minister in the Government. You'd get the impression he knows his brief inside-out.

Coveney is probably the most effective Foreign Minister we have had in my lifetime — just look at his manoeuvring around brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I actually like Simon Coveney.

He seems to really know his stuff, and has always been excellent when talking about Brexit related issues, particularly when on British news/media/Andrew Marr.

I actually wanted him to get the FG gig ahead of Leo when Enda Kenny stepped down, despite my utter hatred of political family dynasties...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Louise o reilly, I've said it before, each and every person who votes for her must be deaf , that voice, oh that voice

Her voice really matches her images to be fair.

Mary Lou - pure hypocrite howling against everything that's happening down here while Sinn Fein in the north are doing the exact things she's railing against here.

SF are masters at hypocrasy , they block almost every building proposal on Dublin city council while roaring about lack of houses the following day in the dail

unbelievable cynicism

Hard disagree. He's probably the most policy-focused minister in the Government. You'd get the impression he knows his brief inside-out.

Coveney is probably the most effective Foreign Minister we have had in my lifetime — just look at his manoeuvring around brexit.

anyone who makes Eoghan ( the mad ) Harris angry has to be doing something right.

dont think i trust Coveney though , has a master of the universe vibe off him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Alan Kelly.... Big thick ignorant head on him every time I see him on TV. Remember the night he was elected after the Labour party was wiped out? You'd think he had won the world cup

mloc123 wrote: »
    Alan Kelly.... Big think ignorant head on him every time I see him on TV. Remember the night he was elected after the Labour party was wiped out? You'd think he had won the world cup

Yep he's also very very forgetful it seems. His performance in the Dail yesterday was quite the sight albeit Donnelly deserved a tongue lashing, coming from someone who's previous performance in government was appalling is a tad Ironic.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Alan Kelly.... Big thick ignorant head on him every time I see him on TV. Remember the night he was elected after the Labour party was wiped out? You'd think he had won the world cup

I like Kelly ok , hes certainly the best Labour have to offer , the alternative is the WOKE kings o Riordain

Labour have had plenty of good people down the years , unfortunately they have embraced identity politics this past decade , people like Ivana Bacik make them toxic for me

Wanderer78 wrote:
    they are human beings, theres a fine line between criticism and abuse, and most nowadays is just abuse. most enter it in order to try make a difference, they enter for the right reasons, but id say its ultimately just a head fcuk

Yes I agree with regard to abuse. I wouldn't condone that at all but criticism comes with the job and rightly so if you're doing a terrible job.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Yes I agree with regard to abuse. I wouldn't condone that at all but criticism comes with the job and rightly so if you're doing a terrible job.

ah its a sh1te job, with little or no thanks, they have very limited abilities and powers to change much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

He has an odd speaking manner, really slow with unnecessary pauses, defiantly annoying.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote:
    they have very limited abilities

Yes I agree :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

He's an absolute weapon and a thick to boot.

Any examples of this thickness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

AllForIt wrote: »
    He has an odd speaking manner, really slow with unnecessary pauses, defiantly annoying.

I’m fairly sure that’s due to a stammer he had as a child so I wouldn’t be too hard on him.

Probable easier to name those that are doing a great job,..................

I'm still thinking 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Leo Varadkar will always win that prize for me. His showed his true nature when first elected and has astutely being walking it back ever since, in line with it's ability to gain him electoral success. The only time I questioned our PR system was when it snook him back into office on the 5th count.

So if you question our system with Varadkard filling the second seat out of 4, how do you feel about the people who were elected after him?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

AllForIt wrote: »

Defiantly or definitely? :confused:

He has a stammer, his manner of talking is to lessen it.

Care to elaborate? Of all the things you could accuse him of, being thick would be the last for me.

Yeh. No fan of FFG here but he was great on Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Hamachi wrote: »
    What’s she like in person? She presents herself as the sort of woman who could pick a fight in an empty room. That trait, combined with the barely suppressed sense of superiority she projects, creates an entirely disagreeable image.

The root cause of her inability to get elected seems to be that she is totally devoid of charisma.

I haven't seen her in a few years but she honestly believes that no matter what she is the cleverest in the room. The quintessential child who never learned to share. Has also gone uber woke in the last few years it seems. Always got the impression that the more she got rejected by the electorate the less she thought of them.

I must add to the list so far, Helen McEntee (Leo's echo chamber) & although not a TD or electable i must also include Justin Barrett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I’m fairly sure that’s due to a stammer he had as a child so I wouldn’t be too hard on him.

Oh, I didn't know that. My apologies Simon if you're reading this : )

Advertisement