Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off to get soaked for no good reason soon.. Missed this year, no swaps available at work..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Autosport wrote: »
    Chucking down here as well but that’s what raincoats/gear are for ;) Hot chocolate has worked its magic and I’m now all warm and dry :)

Tbh I prefer walking in rain (once the ground is stable) peeling off rain gear and jumping into a hot shower followed by comfy clothes and tea.... simple pleasure!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I need to get back into my exercises properly and a shower followed by a good mug of tae might just be the motivation I need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Autosport wrote: »
    Chucking down here as well but that’s what raincoats/gear are for ;) Hot chocolate has worked its magic and I’m now all warm and dry :)

Such a worthy cause and noble thing to do, fair play to you Autosport :)

@ Purple ..I think that thread is a great idea. I don't quite fit the criteria yet but I almost do. The plus one at weddings always bothered me. I've a friend who's late 30s like me and single. Any wedding he's invited to he asks me to be his plus one to 'make him look good'. That's code for pretend to be his girlfriend so people don't judge him. His mom even asked me if I'd go to his brothers wedding as his girlfriend so the extended family don't think he's odd. We were about 30 at the time 🙄
    What's wrong or odd about single? Being in your 40s and single doesn't mean you've always been single and there's a myriad of reasons why you might want it that way.
    I'll save my feelings on this for the thread:)

On topic, bedside but coffee is calling so soon to be kitchen side. I'm on the countdown for my baby so every day I'm a ball of nerves but trying to just accept that he'll come when he's ready and me making plea bargains with him probably won't work until he's honed his bartering skills a bit more :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I actually went through my big gate today. Only because they left the bag of coal outside it... First time I have been that far for weeks. I do a patrol. out to the north ocean facing garden, back to the dwelling, then as far as the big gate.. Back to the dwelling.
    The ocean views are different at each point; just to stand and gaze.. Wherever I look; ocean shore.

• Advertisement

*Vomits*

Work related Zoom needs to crawl up its own arse and die.

A slow, painful death from the comorbidities of cringing and boredom. I'd rather go down the mines.

It's optional and cost a few hundred as well. I chose and paid for the pain.

Although it is really good and I'm learning lots. In the bed now with a massive mug of drinking chocolate. Back to it a 2.

wildwillow wrote: »
    I have left a few gardens behind over the years, grapevines on two occasions, which nearly broke my heart.

Me too.. A polytunnel I had at one place with a grape vine and a passion flower vine.

Now a tiny patch etc and delighted I have managed to grow some of my favourites after many many moves, from seed... , Sweet Rocket just in flower... Oh and a tree lupin... trying to fill every space with perennials as I am far less able these days.

But that grape vine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

For all the good people that got up early this morning for a very good cause and went walking in the rain

What a voice Scott Walker had ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭hesaidshesaid

Hoboo wrote: »
    Not as many so keen to get the family sunrise photo for the FB page this morning, where I walk it was a poor turnout.

There for the sunny days but can't be found in the dark and stormy days, that pretty much sums it up.

Having checked the weather, we did it yesterday morning. There were a good few families and groups of friends doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

0lddog wrote: »
    For all the good people that got up early this morning for a very good cause and went walking in the rain

What a voice Scott Walker had ! :)

Thanks. Got absolutely soaked but it was worth it. It always is :)

• Advertisement

The results of all your efforts are deeply impressive. Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

At home, bloody starving. Earlier on I decided to make a pizza, made my own sauce etc and threw on some lovely toppings, it looked a work of art as I popped it into the oven.
    Whacked on the timer to 12 minutes and got gangs of new York set up ready to play when pizza was done. A lovely plan.

Then a few minutes later I remembered I was supposed to have collected something yesterday so off I went in a hurry to get it.
    Arrived back to a charcoal lump in the oven with the smoke alarm going.

Might just get a take away instead now to take my mind off it. A pizza maybe!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cooking, supping and listening to a few tunes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Graces7 wrote: »
    The results of all your efforts are deeply impressive. Thank you!

Thank you. I was surprised how many people got out in that weather to do it. Really touching!

Hopefully it will be back in Phoenix Park next year. Incredible atmosphere. Well worth signing up to go- for anyone who has never gone before, I can't recommend it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Geez we're all cooking today !
    Just made a lasagne, in the oven now , garlic bread in the freezer to go with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mam I’ll be there at 7 ;):D I’ll bring the wine or whatever beverage you would like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Cooking, supping and listening to a few tunes.:D

Not watching hurling G?

Mam, I'm hungry now :(

To thine own self be true

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Geez we're all cooking today !
    Just made a lasagne, in the oven now , garlic bread in the freezer to go with it :)

Weird..i never make casseroles but had a hankering for a beer bourgeoisie with crusty bread so that's in the oven the last 2 hours.
    The scent of garlic and rosemary filling the apartment is so comforting...and delicious:p

Lol m plenty to go around Auto and PM , always make a big dish of it !

Whatever beverages ye fancy!

Lol m plenty to go around Auto and PM , always make a big dish of it !

Whatever beverages ye fancy!

Diet Coke :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Not watching hurling G?

Mam, I'm hungry now :(

Its on the kitchen TV on silent. Watched the earlier game in Parnell Park Kilkenny hurling needs to split into two teams.:D

Ok so it’s Diet Coke, lucozade and a bottle of processo for Mam :)

Will we bring dessert :)

Ooh am I just in time for dinner?.

Ooh am I just in time for dinner?.

You sure are Grem :)

I've lemon cake for dessert , probably a tub of icecream in the freezer , and there's still Easter Eggs here :pac:
    One may be a Galaxy....

Auto , I think I may be the only one who thinks that Prosecco tastes like rotten vinegar , but thank you !

I've lemon cake for dessert , probably a tub f icecream in the freezer , and there's still Raster Eggs here :pac:
    One may be a Galaxy....

Auto , I think I may be the only one who thinks that Prosecco tastes like rotten vinegar , but thank you !
    I don't like champagne or proscecco either.

I don't like champagne or proscecco either.

Thank feck I'm not the only one !

It's weird isn't it?

Thank God you said that as I haven’t a clue about wines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A lot of you seem to enjoy cooking. I'd like to suggest that someone volunteers to cook my dinner every day, you're welcome to take turns.

• Advertisement

Thank feck I'm not the only one !

It's weird isn't it?

Me neither and I love booze!! :p

Advertisement