Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Went walking around Ross Castle :)

I think you mean hobbling!

There's a fair nip in that breeze, but lovely weather for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Mega *boobly hugs* for you, plus enchiladas if you are interested :)

Oooh, yes please to both, please!

There's a fair nip in that breeze, but lovely weather for a walk.

I'm permanently too hot these days! Its gonna be tough in the summer. This couldn't have happened to me during winter, could it? Oh no!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oooh, yes please to both, please!

Cheese bubbling, guac dip and sour cream dip available :) Plus more hugs after ;)

Cheese bubbling, guac dip and sour cream dip available :) Plus more hugs after ;)

That's a yes to all of it! I'm needy today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's a yes to all of it! I'm needy today

Is he capable of being left on his own overnight and you could book and look forward to a night away when the hotels open?
    You can't burn the candle at both ends :(

To thine own self be true

Is he capable of being left on his own overnight and you could book and look forward to a night away when the hotels open?
    You can't burn the candle at both ends :(

No, he's most definitely not.

No, he's most definitely not.

Ah sorry to hear that. X
    Knock him out with rohypnol and hope he sleeps for 24 hours??

*this is my dark humour attempt to give her a smile, people, I'm not that mean to our seniors...usually anyway!

Sardi, if Grumpy is fully vaccinated it's time to make noises about respite care, even for a week. You'll have to fight for it no doubt, but it's well earned.

You need to recharge your batteries and have a mental break.

Ah sorry to hear that. X
    Knock him out with rohypnol and hope he sleeps for 24 hours??

*this is my dark humour attempt to give her a smile, people, I'm not that mean to our seniors...usually anyway!

I'll take the roofie and sleep for 24hrs. I'll put it down to bad migraine. If I leave his meds and plates of sandwiches out, that would be ok, wouldn't it?*

*This is most definitely a joke, before anyone phones social services

• Advertisement

Spotify has eerily compiled a very apt playlist from my yoof. Playing it now to cheer myself up as I mash the spuds.

Every little thing she do is magic, magic, magic!
    Eee- ay- ooh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My new Canon camera arrived from Germany this morning. Unboxed it, had a look and did a quick set up and charge. While that was happening, made my parents dinner and brought it to their house at lunchtime. A chat for a couple of hours and then back home to peel some spuds and make mash. Popped a piece of bacon in the oven for Ms Gs dinner and tomorrows sandwiches. Then I cut the grass to within an inch of it's life. Timing perfect for the bacon. Served Ms G her bacon and mash, Mrs G had a WWs chicken curry and naan bread. She's suffering a stroke related fatigue day. Hates it but can't help it. Comes out of the blue. So I sat down to my dinner with a beer after all that. Camera was fully charged and now I have to flatten the battery so it can sync the battery metre. Two more batteries to do.:D But enjoying another bottle of beer feeling satisfied with the day.

Again, Grandeeod I ask...when can I book you in for?? :)

Again, Grandeeod I ask...when can I book you in for?? :)

Is it grass cutting, meals, general maintenance or what.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Is it grass cutting, meals, general maintenance or what.:D

A little bit of everything at this stage :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Kitchenside, prepping dinner. Been very busy the past few days with work - have a huge stack of student class assignment essays to mark and grade over the next few days. Joy of joys! :D

Pleasant evening out there but chilly.

A little bit of everything at this stage :)

Lately that's my middle name.:pac: A little bit of everything.:) I'm like a Duracell Bunny at times.:D

Home office side. Moved from my proper workaday desk and chair to the little couch: I love lounging here cos it catches the evening sun and I can waste time on youtube and read books and generally hide out in the heat. I got a little indoor palm tree and I sit under it and pretend i'm in Hawaii.

Lots of green shoots emerging here and there.... Are things starting to look up a little? 'Bout bleedin' time mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tired Auto this evening :) Hope you are all keeping well :) Went for a little evening stroll with the boss and the bluebells are looking well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭thomil

Things really seem to be looking up, I feel a bit of optimism beginning to creep into my life. Let's hope it's not misplaced...

Deskside here, winding down with some chillout tracks and some fresh strawberries with whipped cream. It's the simple things in life :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

thomil wrote: »
    Things really seem to be looking up, I feel a bit of optimism beginning to creep into my life. Let's hope it's not misplaced...

Deskside here, winding down with some chillout tracks and some fresh strawberries with whipped cream. It's the simple things in life :)
    Strawberries and cream. One of the finest simple pleasures in life. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Full of wine and cider and telling myself to behave, what's new :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭thomil

Strawberries and cream. One of the finest simple pleasures in life. Enjoy!

Thanks *slides over a bowl of strawberries & cream* ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Thanks *slides over a bowl of strawberries & cream* ;)

Ooh, delish! I'm being spoiled by thecwherers today. First, Enchiladas with full dip accompaniment and now the king of deserts, Strawberries and Cream. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,356 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

My ears have been burning :p

I do indeed like marzipan but I'm in the minority so it won't be happening.

It's all a pile of wànk. We've a good mind to buy 3 regular cakes in Supervalue and let that be that.

Unless a very "gifted" chef extraordinaire comes good

:D

Best wedding cake I ever had was just a chocolate biscuit cake. It looked like chocolate biscuit cake, nothing fancy, but it tasted like chocolate biscuit cake and that beats any super expensive cake that is all for show but in the end, is just fondant. Layer upon layer of fondant.

kowloon wrote: »
    Best wedding cake I ever had was just a chocolate biscuit cake. It looked like chocolate biscuit cake, nothing fancy, but it tasted like chocolate biscuit cake and that beats any super expensive cake that is all for show but in the end, is just fondant. Layer upon layer of fondant.

Chocolate biscuit is one of the more expensive wedding cakes so we will be going with auld sponge :)

Chocolate biscuit is one of the more expensive wedding cakes so we will be going with auld sponge :)

Would a choccy Rice Krispy cake pyramid be too cheap skate? Not for your wedding, I mean for mine, whenever it will happen

Would a choccy Rice Krispy cake pyramid be too cheap skate? Not for your wedding, I mean for mine, whenever it will happen

That would be perfect! How would you keep it in its shape though? I feel like that's an awful stupid question but I can't picture it as anything other than little buns in cases.

What about a large chocolate biscuit cake and don't say it's for a wedding? Once the wedding word is mentioned everything jumps in price. Do you want a fancy tiered cake, or would you be happy with a plainer one?

• Advertisement

That would be perfect! How would you keep it in its shape though? I feel like that's an awful stupid question but I can't picture it as anything other than little buns in cases.

That's precisely what mean!

Advertisement