Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That's precisely what mean!

Like the ambassador's party, but Rice Krispy buns instead of Ferrero Rocher?

I like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Like the ambassador's party, but Rice Krispy buns instead of Ferrero Rocher?

I like that!

Yes! "With these Rice Krispy buns, the bride is really spoiling us".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Just buy 3 blocks of marzipan & stack them atop each other...taste heaven!

Yes! "With these Rice Krispy buns, the bride is really spoiling us".

Nice milk chocolate from Aldi or Lidl rather than cooking chocolate. I bet they'd all be eaten too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I make an OK Christmas cake.. Am I hired?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

What about a large chocolate biscuit cake and don't say it's for a wedding? Once the wedding word is mentioned everything jumps in price. Do you want a fancy tiered cake, or would you be happy with a plainer one?

We were thinking of just getting 2 regular cakes and putting them side by side on nice plates but we found another cake maker who will bake a non fancy pants one.

It will be a small tiered but not ornate. Like covered in icing or I dunno, whatever they put on it. Then chocolate and vanilla sponge inside. No stupid topper yoke either. I don't like them.

Having one will keep the older crew happy and stop any "and did you notice they didn't have a cake" because no doubt there will be "I wonder why they didn't get married in a church".
    :p

Coz we'd go up in flames that's why!!

:D

That's precisely what mean!

Oh stacked on top of each other!!

I make an OK Christmas cake.. Am I hired?

Daddy would love you!

Daddy would love you!

I hope you warn him she has pampas grass out the front of her house! :p

I hope you warn him she has pampas grass out the front of her house! :p

My poor daddy!! *shockedface*

• Advertisement

We were thinking of just getting 2 regular cakes and putting them side by side on nice plates but we found another cake maker who will bake a non fancy pants one.

It will be a small tiered but not ornate. Like covered in icing or I dunno, whatever they put on it. Then chocolate and vanilla sponge inside. No stupid topper yoke either. I don't like them.

Having one will keep the older crew happy and stop any "and did you notice they didn't have a cake" because no doubt there will be "I wonder why they didn't get married in a church".
    :p

Coz we'd go up in flames that's why!!

:D

Minimum of seven tiers, that's your ticket to heaven. For my next composition, a whimsical piece that announces itself via C sharp and resolves in D flat. You should have an infrared sensor to scan those envelopes, those skimping under 100 quid turned away and demoted to brigadier general. I like cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Chocolate biscuit is one of the more expensive wedding cakes so we will be going with auld sponge :)

Really? The prices must be extortionate. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

All this talk of cake as me wanting a lovely slice of Madeira cake :D must stop at the shop on my way into work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, back from my morning walk, it’s a lovely 36C with 13% humidity :):)

Autosport wrote: »
    All this talk of cake as me wanting a lovely slice of Madeira cake :D must stop at the shop on my way into work :D

Im making Christmas cake, can I flog you any? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Gorgeous clear sky here , early morning frost now gone , happy Friday Folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭dasdog

Day off. Boiled eggs with butter and salt in a bowl with toast brought me back to being four. Now having a Kris Kristofferson 330ml Birra Moretti for desert and thinking of going to Sandymount Beach or Merrion Strand when I'm done watching Minder. Contemplating why we have to spend so much of our lives working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

can I flog you? :)

You put that pampas grass away!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭thomil

NewRed2 wrote: »
    You put that pampas grass away!!!!!

Not even lunchtime, and shenanigans are kicking off already. Must be a new record for this thread :D

Deskside at "work", got back from my GP an hour ago.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭wildwillow

smurfjed wrote: »
    Morning all, back from my morning walk, it’s a lovely 36C with 13% humidity :):)

A far cry from the night fosts here, and covering plants even in the greenhouse.

My garden looks "wonderful" at night with old colourful curtains and sheets laid over everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

wildwillow wrote: »
    A far cry from the night fosts here, and covering plants even in the greenhouse.

My garden looks "wonderful" at night with old colourful curtains and sheets laid over everything.

Now wondering what WW has lurking in the greenhouse ? ( I'm ashamed to have to report that there is nothing in 0D's GH this year :o )

Lots of lovely tender plants, some for indoor growing but pumpkins, butternut squash, courgettes, outdoor tomato and cucumber, brassicas in little pots, peas, beans, onions..you name it and it's there.

Some tender shrubs and perennials and veg already planted get tucked in at night too. And the asparagus gets special treatment, as it is so delicious.

thomil wrote: »
    Not even lunchtime, and shenanigans are kicking off already. Must be a new record for this thread :D

Deskside at "work", got back from my GP an hour ago.

Those of us of a tinder tender age may not know that it was usual to see signs outside greasy spoon cafes 'Breakfast Served Al Day' in the '90s

In the last 30 years there has been a lot of 'progress' in the country...Instead of breakfast we now have 'Shenanigans Happening All Day'

Thats what we all get for not keeping the country under the control of The Vatican :p

and thats another thing...what about fish on a Friday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

It's causing havoc with the outdoor plants. Thank God I stuck a heater in my greenhouse a few years ago and its a life saver. The tomatoes love it too, they fly up when the night temps don't dip so much.
    I even threw the chard seeds into the greenhouse in late march and am harvesting it already, the heaters a god send. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!
    The outdoors stuff isn't so lucky though! Poxy frost.

I'm doing a weekends gardening this weekend too. Have the tomatoes, chard chillies, cucumbers and a few other things done already but hoping to add some more bits the weekend.

The gas thing is I'll probably have moved house by the time most of it is ready for harvesting :D
    But sure growing it is the main craic anyway

Lots of lovely tender plants, some for indoor growing but pumpkins, butternut squash, courgettes, outdoor tomato and cucumber, brassicas in little pots, peas, beans, onions..you name it and it's there.

Some tender shrubs and perennials and veg already planted get tucked in at night too. And the asparagus gets special treatment, as it is so delicious.

Thats lovely :)

Edible plants are the best plants :D

You must have some microclimate to be able to grow toms outdoors.

Yes I do have a heater but at this time of year you don't expect to be using it.

Glass house is large and I only heat a portion which I use over the winter and for the propagator. So much has to stay indoors this year that it is crowded and then prone to disease.

My plants are always better looked after than the humans, except the grandchildren.

The outdoor tomatoes are for gardening friends who don't have greenhouses. Can be very successful near a south facing sheltered wall when we get a reasonable summer. The cherry type ones are usually very successful outdoors.

I have threatened to relocate to West Cork for the climate.

NewRed2 wrote: »
    It's causing havoc with the outdoor plants. Thank God I stuck a heater in my greenhouse a few years ago and its a life saver. The tomatoes love it too, they fly up when the night temps don't dip so much.
    I even threw the chard seeds into the greenhouse in late march and am harvesting it already, the heaters a god send. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!
    The outdoors stuff isn't so lucky though! Poxy frost.

I'm doing a weekends gardening this weekend too. Have the tomatoes, chard chillies, cucumbers and a few other things done already but hoping to add some more bits the weekend.

The gas thing is I'll probably have moved house by the time most of it is ready for harvesting :D
    But sure growing it is the main craic anyway

I have left a few gardens behind over the years, grapevines on two occasions, which nearly broke my heart.

But a new garden offers new challenges as well as leaving problems such as vine weevil.
    It is so wonderful to have your own produce to eat and I miss that when moving houses.
    Hope the new owners will appreciate it.

I have threatened to relocate to West Cork for the climate.

I don't associate West Cork with a warm climate, it can be very nippy.
    I would say Wexford or Wicklow would be a better bet.

Friday! The sun is shining and there's beer chilling in the fridge.

Sure it could be worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A wave of optimism came over me and I booked a weeks holidays.
    What could go wrong?!

Advertisement