Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭thomil

EICK TAF showing gusts of 60 to 65 kts at times 😮 That's the kind of weather where even the seagulls take the bus, as we used to say back in Germany...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fecking long day before i ever got to work 😡

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In bed here, another very busy day at work today.

Anxiety and stress levels very high and have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow morning (general check up) where I will certainly let her know that my energy levels are through the floor, my stress is up to 90 and my mental health is suffering as a result. ☹️😢 My sleep is atrocious and I’m very irritable as my poor OH has only been too aware.

My head is a sea of worry. If something doesn’t change, something’s gotta give. I’m facing burnout here... 😔

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@JupiterKid That sounds terribly tough. Work definitely seems too hectic there lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

ah that sounds too lovely!

whats your fave flavour so far?

whichever it is pour me one pretty please 😊😍😋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@JupiterKid , you're making yourself and your MH THE priority , and I applaud you for that . Too many of us ignore or fail to recognize when we're at our limit . Best of luck with your appointment tomorrow and hopefully things ease soon for you .

Listening to the rain starting here now . Stay safe all .

I have alot of those so feel your pain.Hope your evening goes better for you.

Am here until the morning, the weather will keep me on my toes later. Coffee being mainlined currently 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had a few beers in an actual pub this evening. Very nice! Everything is tied down due to an incoming storm. Early school start has been cancelled as it's the mid term and teachers have been doing feck all anyway. My decision.😁 Ms G is delighted!

Stay cool and safe, if you have to folks! I'm waiting on wind and rain and then a drive to Dublin once it calms down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching a Liverpool v Chelsea game from yonks back. Its strange to see Mo in a Chelsea shirt

• Advertisement

Am totally stress related binge eating recently.. Need to curtail before i'm forced into stretchy pants 🙄

Just got back from a team dinner and pints here. Office was the fullest I've seen it since before the first lockdown, so that was nice. Got home thoroughly soaked, the rainfall is something else here in Cork and it looks like the winds are beginning to pick up.

@Lavinia The current gin I have is hibiscus, orange & lemon peel, cardamom, coriander and red pepper. Gives a nice florally sweet taste and a lovely pinkish-red colour. Ice & tonic, I presume? *passes glass 😉

I saw someone somewhere on boards saying that a certain orange gin was like exputex and so i may have found the first ever gin i like!! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hello Ireland, are you still there or did you get blown across to France. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Rain here so far but we are more inland so not going to get to bad

Still in Ireland so far , but who knows by this evening. Are you on terra firma?

All grand here, another while to go though there has been some squalls and lightning

Extremely still and calm here still . .

I've just had my little Robin tapping the kitchen window, reminding me to feed himself and his little feathered friends 😊

Trying to call Vodafone to change my broadband. The are no customer services anymore. You are expected to do it yourself on the sites/apps. Just answer the effing phone 🤬

All quiet over here now, but the 90 minutes between 7.30 and 9 AM were insane! the strongest winds I've seen since moving here, possibly as strong as Ophelia here...

Now desk side in the home office with coffee. All is good 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A friend sent me photos of Co. Mayo and the snow that has fallen and I’m here looking out at the sun 😄 It’s like we’re worlds apart

Spoke to the horse, KL won’t open early next month, so just as well that you aren’t rushing to get back there.

Thanks for the link, I ordered some, but Heavens knows when I will get to collect them in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's that time of year when patio furniture and trampolines migrate. The wonder of nature.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, finishing up some bits and pieces for the week.

Thankfully no lectures to give today and my doc has given me some temporary meds (Xanax) to help with the anxiety and stress of the past couple of weeks. I’m very sparing and careful of taking meds like benzos and sleepers, given my past issues with the booze.

Very blustery and windy out there today in Dublin 7 - especially when coming back from the doctor at noon earlier. Stay safe and stay indoors, Wherers! ☔️🌬💨⛈☔️⛈⛈

Trundling again. Looks like it could be a bloody cold one.

It is bitterly cold I think Grem , the wind is biting . The masks come in handy for preventing our faces from freezing off ☺

Aye the masks are good for that, used for years especially on the bike, save from eating flies in the summer too 🤣

• Advertisement

Lol , forgot about swallowing the flies!

No option when they'd just hit the back of your throat....ugh.....

Advertisement