Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside on my iPad, about to get off to sleep shortly. Busy work day today after getting very poor sleep last night - and went straight to bed when I got back home at 6pm and snoozed until OH woke me for dinner at 8.30. One plus is that there is now a touch of brightness in the evening sky at 6pm. 🥰🌈

Goodnight all! 😴 🛌

• Registered Users Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I ended up feeling alot of sympathy for Lee Malvo. A lost kid who was preyed on by an older man. He's 33 and has spent 15 years in solitary confinement. And sentenced to a life sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Boss decided that enough was enough, so I’m heading back to work. Had a couple of Tomahawk steaks for the weekend, so missus threw them on the fire..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Hey ho! How's life been treating y'all?

Greetings from Saranda, Albania where I am awaiting my residency papers, own a business and am loving life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭thomil

Damn, that steak looks amazing, smurfjed. Hope your work schedule isn't too stressful.

Deskside here, just finishing up some last bits of paperwork before turning in. Had some amazing news at work today, so I'm pretty happy over here 😀

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Welcome back and delighted to hear from you 🥂🥂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hey there 😋

What took you out to Eastern Europe?

What's the culture/weather like there?

To thine own self be true

I came here for a few weeks from mid-October until near Christmas and loved it so decided to move here. Been back over for almost 3 weeks now and set my company up here.

The weather is not bad. Today was a bit dull and we had some rain but most days are sunny and around 14-18°.

Real Med lifestyle here, food is a mix if Greek and Italian, the people are really friendly and helpful and I have made some amazing friends, both local and expats.

Intend to stay for a year at least then see where life takes me, including back to KL for a while as soon as I can.

I am living across from Corfu, in fact can see it from my balcony. Loving it!

Sunset the other day. The piece of land jutting out on the left is Corfu.

Oh witchie! Good to hear from you.....

I lived in Kosovo for 18 months, and I loved Albania! But they drive like crazy bastards!!!!! Get up to kotor in Montenegro when the weather improves, from April on is lovely. I visited everywhere in The Balkans and I loved it.

Embarrassed to say I only learned very little Albanian, miremengjes and faleminderit was as far as I got!

Oh and shopska salad 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

God my geography is very bad. I thought Albania was further east.

It looks an interesting area, easy to hop across to Italy and Greece..

I'll put it on my bucket list 😄

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I always recommend Albania to everyone! It's a lovely country, fabulous coastline, obviously it's directly South of Croatia and Montenegro(my fav)

It's really cheap and food is fab, people are great. Thought about buying a place there myself when I was living nearby, but it's just too far to go for a long weekend.

Ha ha...its almost breakfast time, thanks! 🤣

Avash, avash is the other bit of Albanian I have learned. Has come in handy when a local or 3 have been getting a bit too handsy!

Yeah, I looking forward to exploring more when I get a chance but have barely left my apartment lately as am so busy getting my content agency up and running.

I did go to a local football match on Saturday and Butrinti FC (Saranda's team) beat a team who were relegated from the Premier League last year so there was much excitement.

And you better let me know when you are coming so I can get you drunk on some good raki!

I can remember when all flights were like this, rather surreal, this time it was just because I was first onboard.

@WITCHIE, have wondered about you and where you ended up. Glad that you are doing OK. We have lots of girls from that area, but the Albania appear to be some of the nicest and sincerest. I was actually up there at the end of last summer but really only got to see the duty free.

As for KL, I believe that it reopened two days ago, but having tried the Indian subcontinent and Asia, maybe this is a great opportunity to tour the Balkans.

Take care of yourself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Omg amazing tell us more!. I'm so happy for you 😊

I think KL is only opening next month but it will be late this year or early next before I get back. Have a few things to do in Europe this year and all my money is sunk into an apartment in Scotland and my new business so haven't the money to galavant back to Asia just yet.

I ran away to Albania to stop myself from going crazy at home and just fell for it's charm. Saranda is a small city with approx 50 thousand people at this time if year, but apparently in the summer months there will be 150 thousand. It's mountainous and at first that killed my arthritic knees, but the less damp, slightly warmer climate and getting used to daily mountain climbing is actually helping my knees.

There is an American bar here that has become almost a community centre for blowins like me and here I have made some of the best friends I have ever had. The people who hang out there are from all over the world and there are a few locals too. I live behind it. 😁

It truly is like a little piece of paradise. One of my friends (American and works in the bar) reckons we are all actually dead and this is our purgatory, but we are close to getting into heaven.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Great to see you back on the thread Witchie! 😊 💕 Looks like you are settling in well in your new home - and I wish you all the best there. 👍️👍️🌈

An incredibly hectic day here at my workplace today, all systems go and hardly a minute to take a breather.

Lunch will again be a quick sambo at my desk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Listening to wind and birdies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Five hours without power. If I lived on Achill island. I'd understand. Fooking joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Geez , you're not too far from me G . Son said theirs was dropping and coming back over the last few hours. Still ok here thankfully. Hope its back soon where you are .

In bed at the totally wrong time of day. Feel like an epic lie in 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Ask an ye shall receive 😁

It was a gift from work. Everyone working in a certain region that I cover had a DIY Gin set mailed to them for a virtual Christmas party. Basically, the box contained a bottle of base spirit, loads of juniper berries and a wild variety of botanicals to flavour the gin.

The included spirit was only enough for one 500ml bottle of gin, but since any clear grain-based spirit works, vodkas like Absolut work pretty well as a base 😉 I'm down to the last filter, but still have more than enough botanicals left over. I guess 2022 will be the year of gin for me. In fact, I've just made myself a glass 🍸️

Great to hear from you, witchie. Always good to see one of the regulars return. You're also really selling Albania. Might check it out myself at some point.

@THOMIL, who makes that? We have a lot of base spirit around here so the botanicals might be interesting.

Watching forecasts, of course working tonight through the thick of it, fun times! Hope everything is tied down like I asked. 🙄😂

Out enjoying a Tim Hortans coffee, its a sunny 23 degrees right now :):):)

Something tells me that the average American isnt really taking global warming seriously. This is the fuel economy for the 2022 Ford Bronco 2.7L.

Man I'd cry filling it's tank!!

It's produced by Gin 42°, a German brand. They sell their botanicals and other stuff on Amazon, might be worth checking it out:

Gin Gewürze | 5 natürliche Botanicals | Für Gin Tonic und Cocktails | Perfekt als Gin Geschenkset : Amazon.de

Deskside here. Just cancelled my desk reservation for tomorrow, I won't be on the road with THAT forecast!

• Advertisement

TAF COR EIDW 171112Z 1712/1812 26013KT 9999 SCT010 BKN015 PROB40 TEMPO 1712/1714 25015G25KT -SHRA SCT018CB BECMG 1719/1721 22008KT BECMG 1721/1723 14010KT -RA BKN012 BECMG 1723/1801 14020G34KT TEMPO 1723/1803 4000 RA BKN006 BECMG 1801/1803 14025G40KT BECMG 1803/1805 21020G35KT FEW012 BKN025 PROB40 TEMPO 1803/1806 21028G40KT BECMG 1806/1808 26020G30KT TEMPO 1806/1810 SHRA BKN012 BECMG 1808/1810 29030G50KT PROB40 TEMPO 1809/1812 30035G60KT

This is the aviation forecast for Dublin starting tonight. Cork is pretty similar. Tie down your trampolines and bouncy castles.

BECMG = Becoming

1808/1810 means 18th starting 0800z to 1000z

30G50KT means 30 gusting 50 Kts.

Advertisement