Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside watching the Euros with a beer, delighted denmark got through, now for the Ukraine.
    Been dry all day here.
    Hope everyone is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

No need to water the flowers this evening. Monumental rain here at 4pm. Better than any hose.:D It's really just football and beer now. I have the kitchen to myself. Gs bar and grill is closed to the public tonight.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm not cooking tonight I got a chilled Tagliatelle Bolognese reduced to one fifty in Dunne Stores so I thought feck it , that's my tea this evening!

Enjoy the matches those of ye watching them :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm not cooking tonight I got a chilled Tagliatelle Bolognese reduced to one fifty in Dunne Stores so I thought feck it , that's my tea this evening!

Telly in the kitchen for football and laptop on the kitchen table to keep an eye on you folks here.:D Prawn crackers to nibble on with a beer. Main course later.:pac:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Telly in the kitchen for football and laptop on the kitchen table to keep an eye on you folks here.:D Prawn crackers to nibble on with a beer. Main course later.:pac:

Lol multi tasking at its finest G , with tasty nibbles !
    We'll feel safe with you keeping an eye on us :D

I think I'd like a mug of coffee and a chocolate muffin now.
    It's a pity I only have blueberry ones :pac:

• Advertisement

Groundhog day here, didn't get up until lunchtime ☺️, went to a match, on the couch watching Vera, having a few refreshments. Troops came home from work, showered and all gone out, chipper takeaway on the way shortly. I had almost a week off, went to Kerry for a few nights, I'm not going anywhere again as I'm allergic when I come home and the Glenroes have hit already for Monday morning. I need to get a grip at this stage, also ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️😂, there's no Love island tonight and I'm addicted to it even though I never watched it previously. Think I'll drown my sorrows lol.

We got the heavy rain this morning and I'm another one who's delighted I don't have to water the plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Czech v Denmark game... England game to follow... sporting nirvana... takeaway to complete the evening
    2 new accounts in one day, you're on a roll!

Half 9 on a Saturday night and I'm only fit for bed, my mojo is MIA with Duvet's.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I love a surprise discounted ready meal, it makes me feel like I'm winning at life not to have to cook. :pac:

2 new accounts in one day, you're on a roll!

Half 9 on a Saturday night and I'm only fit for bed, my mojo is MIA with Duvet's.

You should have known me 10 years ago, I had more name's than mam's had jockeys :D

Football done! Another beer, food and probably bed. The girls are happy out watching something. Gonna look for a 50s sci fi movie on the oul tube.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Great game of hurling this evening :D

Still no rain here so I’m sorry that some of you had rain.

Couch side watching the tv now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm pretty happy about the rain, some trees looking thirsty around here recently, also the smells in grassy areas tomorrow will be magic.

I love a surprise discounted ready meal, it makes me feel like I'm winning at life not to have to cook. :pac:

Am laughing here as I thought I'd be the only one who'd admit to buying discounted meals !!

Dave I thanked your post for two reasons .
    The first because no one else did , the second , well it made me laugh ,but maybe not in a way you intended :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Feeling tired, flat and a bit melancholy today as it’s my dear dad’s 6th anniversary. Miss him so much! :(

Otherwise, trying to just take it easy this weekend - and processing advice from my psychologist, partner, and others that I’ve taken too much on in terms of work, extra-curricular activities and stretched myself so very thin for others.

Anyone else feel very guilty if you feel you are not doing enough for yourself and others in your life? I’m told repeatedly that I’m doing more than enough and in fact too much - but something in me tells me constantly I need to be doing more and doing better...

Jupiterkid, I think we make a rod for our own backs at times , trying to be all things to all people, trying to do everything possible, spreading ourselves so thinly that it makes us feel like we could have done it better , and forgetting to make ourselves a priority at any point in it all .

Dunno if that makes sense , just me rambling :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Feeling tired, flat and a bit melancholy today as it’s my dear dad’s 6th anniversary. Miss him so much! :(

Otherwise, trying to just take it easy this weekend - and processing advice from my psychologist, partner, and others that I’ve taken too much on in terms of work, extra-curricular activities and stretched myself so very thin for others.

Anyone else feel very guilty if you feel you are not doing enough for yourself and others in your life? I’m told repeatedly that I’m doing more than enough and in fact too much - but something in me tells me constantly I need to be doing more and doing better...

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Today is bound to be a sensitive day for you anyhow.
    You are a typical type A personality. Feel guilty and fidgety if you have no current project etc.
    I used to be like that in my 20s. Then someone told me it was OK to keep things simple. I needed to hear it from someone else, it wasn't even a professional.
    So now if I find myself becoming a yes woman and know it's not in my best interests, I repeat to myself "keep life simple".

To thine own self be true

Cork. Working.
    Was at a real life hurling match in thurles yesterday, like normal!
    The weather is letting me down, expected non stop sunshine down here.

I dare not jinx it but Clare are playing a blinder today ;)

Afternoon all :) Having a relaxing Sunday watching sport, from F1 to hurling now some golf in between :)

Rain has stopped now thank god :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »

Afternoon all :) Having a relaxing Sunday watching sport, from F1 to hurling now some golf in between :)

Chew on your words, Auto :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

In a B+B in Killarney after after running up a hill/ mountain. Now having a drink, I was watching hurling, unfortunately Clare got beaten..
    The rain has cleared now, might stroll into town have a beer( if possible)...

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »

Jinx!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trundle time, must be post annual leave blues, can't get into it at all.

Productive day on the household front... rotten weather outside.

Got up at 11am and went for a swim in my gym - then to the pharmacy for my months meds, home, make a quick sambo and soup lunch, hang out washing on the airing rack, some dusting, then a big Hoover of the place, followed by a double mop of the floors.

Dinner pretty much prepped, too...

Now I’m taking taking it super easy listening to Kate Bush on my headphones. :):D

Trundle time, must be post annual leave blues, can't get into it at all.

Yep, I hear ya! Had exactly that earlier this week, Grem. I feel your pain. :o:D

Jupiter you have more done in a day than i'd do in a week!! :o Well done for not wallowing by the way, all too easy.. Respect.

Had a completely nothing day, but enjoyed it.

Jupiter, I hope you feel better soon. You've been open and honest about your past, just remember you don't owe anyone anything because of it, take time for yourself to enjoy the present. Equilibrium and tranquility are both essential.

^^ This right here is why i love this thread, a load of skitters but a whole load of heart too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, replying to a few emails that came over the last few days. Be heading zzz soon as it's been a tiring day.
    Jupiter, you make me feel like a lazy sod reading the work you've done
    Night one and all and to those in work take it easy:)

Sorry Clare my humblest apologies :(

Went on a roadtrip and may have crossed borders ;). Enjoyed a 99 ice cream :)

Jupiter as the saying goes “You can’t pour from an empty cup” you must look after yourself first :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

In Killarney...More craic in my elbow..
    Covid hàs it fecked !!!

Advertisement