Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

0lddog wrote: »
    Do it :)

( you may need to take out a mortgage to pay for it tho' :( )

That's very true indeed. A very expensive trip, unless you have someone to stay with and then.....

I went to Lauterbrunnen, Interlacken, Wengen and a few other spots. Stayed in Youth Hostels and it still cost me a small fortune on food, drink and cable cars/trains. But a wonderful place to visit. Absolutely beautiful.

:( now thinking I'm not far behind him - but dont have a Perse to mind me :(

( Sunday )

I would mind you but not sure how useful I'd be. There'd be plenty of "are you ok" while hoping you say yes so I don't have to do anything :pac:

No I would tuck you up in bed (kennel) with a herbal tea and makesure you were nice and cosy. Woof!

From those I've been talking to the 2nd dose of Pfizer can knock you more than the 1st and the opposite for AZ. Keep an eye on yourself though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

No I would tuck you up in bed (kennel) with a herbal tea and makesure you were nice and cosy. Woof!...

That, is exactly what I need :)

When can you start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Do it :)

( you may need to take out a mortgage to pay for it tho' :( )

Thanks, giving it serious consideration. My sis lives over there. Money isn't much of an issue for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

... Money isn't much of an issue for me

I really hope that you will still think that when you get there !

But Go ! :)

• Advertisement

That, is exactly what I need :)

When can you start ?

I'll be over with the lead first thing!

But I must warn you........foot rot may be returning..............

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) muggy morning out, walkies done and now time for breakfast :)

Apologies in advance everybody.

I got up this morning, for the first time in 13 years, to an empty house, my best buddy doggo Alfie, who was diagnosed last Sept with cancer, passed away yesterday :(
    Devastated.
    Everything seems so empty and quiet without him. Usually I get up and there he is, wagging the tail, mad for outside to potter around the garden. Then he comes back in, snuggles in beside me and has a little nap before his walk!
    He only got really sick 10 days ago, and the vet sent us home last week to enjoy our last few days, nothing more they could do.

I'm grateful for how much longer he was around then we thought last Sept, but I'm heartbroken.

So, posters, give your furry friends extra hugs and rubs and treats today from me xx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh Bubblypop *hugs* I've nothing to say but with you in spirit..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Czech Rep after getting her ears pinned.
    what exactly is this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    what exactly is this?

Sticky out ears surgically fixed closer in to the head

@bubblypop, extremely sorry for you loss. Hang in there.

@Grem, now I’m sorry that i asked :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

bubblypop wrote: »
    Apologies in advance everybody.

I got up this morning, for the first time in 13 years, to an empty house, my best buddy doggo Alfie, who was diagnosed last Sept with cancer, passed away yesterday :(
    Devastated.
    Everything seems so empty and quiet without him. Usually I get up and there he is, wagging the tail, mad for outside to potter around the garden. Then he comes back in, snuggles in beside me and has a little nap before his walk!
    He only got really sick 10 days ago, and the vet sent us home last week to enjoy our last few days, nothing more they could do.

I'm grateful for how much longer he was around then we thought last Sept, but I'm heartbroken.

So, posters, give your furry friends extra hugs and rubs and treats today from me xx

So sorry to hear that..

Almost 10 hours in a metal tube yesterday, Italy was cloudy so really didn’t see anything, some nice pastries :):)

This is the northern coast of Egypt, Alexandria, they really appear to be investing in the tourist infrastructure there. For a sun holiday it looks a lot more appealing that some of the Greek islands.

557255.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Ah bubblypop, that's terrible, I'm sorry for your loss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

So sorry, Bubbly. He sounds like he had a fabulous human who loved him very much and gave him a great life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

So sorry to read that, Bubbly, just remember how much Alfie and you loved each other. Take time to grieve and mind yourself.

Ah poor Alfie :( So sorry Bubbly x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Bubbly, that's very sad news.
    I hope you're off work today to take time to yourself.
    13 years is so long. Lucky little man to have you as his human mammy.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Hugs Bubbly, you'll miss his company, at least he's not suffering, mind yourself. xx

Thanks everybody for your kind words, I really do appreciate them.
    I know some people think sure they're just dogs, but they are so much more to some XX
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to remember all the great times :)

bubblypop wrote: »
    Thanks everybody for your kind words, I really do appreciate them.
    I know some people think sure they're just dogs, but they are so much more to some XX
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to remember all the great times :)

Noone on here will tell you they're just dogs, Bubbly.
    We all seem to have cats and dogs and they sure are part of the family set up. 13 years is a long time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on the sofa after having a great time at the Irish Museum of Modern Art earlier today with my art class. 😎👍👍

Another cracker of a day! ☀️☀️☀️

@bubbly - really to hear of your loss. :( Thinking of you and mind yourself.

Just back from a dip in the river.
    Was heavenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bubbly I am deeply sorry to hear your news and you know he had a great life :) Our fur babies are definitely part of the family :) Thinking of you xxxxx

Just popped in to say I'm very sorry bubblypop. Sounds like Alfie had a very nice home and life.

A friend of mine in the US had a German Shepherd called Alfie, he died a few weeks ago. Everyone was devastated too. But maybe the two Alfies will meet in the great rabbit run in the sky...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hey Bubbly, read your post this morning, but had to hit the tech desk. I grew up with a dog named Fred. I was 10 years old when we got him in March 1982. He left us in 1998.:( He'd been on steroids for a tumour on the lung and we eventually had to let him go as his vet said he most likely wouldn't survive an operation. He ate a big bowl of food before we brought him to be put to sleep. His quality of life due to the cough had hit rock bottom. Me and my Dad cried as we stayed with him at the Vets. My Dad still has his collar and lead to this day and photos of him around the house. I even have a photo in my house. They are family.

My cat that i had for 6-7 years went missing late saturday night and he used to be with me all the time when i was home. Even following me downstairs, watch me make some tea and follow me back up and if i went out he'd wait on the stairs or by the window-garden till i got back.

Everynight then he'd come up between my arm and throw himself backwards in between them and in the moring when i wanted to get up he'd noticed and plonk himself on my chest. I never asked for him but my sister gave him to me after i moved back home.

I walked around during the evening when it''s quiet and no sign. I'd atleast expect a body or something if a dog got him or something. There is scummy people around who would set their dogs on him but then again i'd expect a body but he just vanished. He is neutered and chipped.

I had friends and family that have died between those 6-7 years and that cat helped me cope a lot through them. He come to me if i called him but not a peep, it's just like he's vanished. If i found his body i'd be upset but at least i'd know instead of wondering.

hzojzi2
    https://imgur.com/hzojzi2

h8LF7DA
    https://imgur.com/h8LF7DA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Car insurance renewal quote in the post time , oh the joys :pac:
    On a positive note it ended up good after not even entertaining the quote that they sent out .

Advertisement