Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Sorry to hear that Jupiter... hopefully it's nothing too serious and he gets out in a day or so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Thinking of you and Mr. Kid, Jupiter. I know how tough it is to not be by his side now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thinking of you JK xxx

Very sorry to hear that JK, hopefully it's nothing serious. x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jupiter, thinking of you both.. Hopefully it's straightforward and he's home to you soon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sending best wishes to you and your OH Jupiter.

In less important news, we got an email from Ryanair today. We had a trip booked this time last year. As everything came to a standstill we opted for a voucher instead of a refund. The voucher was valid until the end of this month. The email confirmed that the voucher was being extended until the end of Feb '22 or we can still opt for a full refund. Great guns from Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Thinking of you JK and your partner. Hope all goes well with the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

So MrG, of all the places where Ryanair fly, where do you plan to go? (not when :):))

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work trundle, winter coat back on..

smurfjed wrote: »
    So MrG, of all the places where Ryanair fly, where do you plan to go? (not when :):))

Munich and then Marrakesh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ah thanks guys for all the lovely words of support. :) Yiz are a sound bunch!

So...OH is now just back home. I collected him from the Mater. Covid tests showed negative, but the doctors believe it was some sort of viral infection/fever. OH had a whole battery of tests done overnight and initial results - i.e. heart, lungs, etc are all good.

Hopefully they will get to the bottom of what made him so very ill yesterday.

Jupiter, delighted he's home, hope recovery is speedy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Great news Jupiterkid, glad he's home :)

I'll give ye a laugh , I bought a Dolce Gusto machine today (I was calling it a Tassimo lol!) so now I'm coffeed out after trying the various pods to see which I liked best :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Delighted to hear your good news, Jupiter, you must both be so relieved. Have a lovely, cosy evening together for yourselves.

Grumpy back to nearly normal, delighted to be home. The extra sedation is slowly wearing off, so while it's good he's more alert it also means he'll be getting his moan on soon. At least that means he's ok, I suppose!

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I'll give ye a laugh , I bought a Dolce Gusto machine today (I was calling it a Tassimo lol!) so now I'm coffeed out after trying the various pods to see which I liked best :pac:

The exact reason i cannot get a coffee machine, i'd sicken myself so badly it'd be put away within the week :pac:

The exact reason i cannot get a coffee machine, i'd sicken myself so badly it'd be put away within the week :pac:

Haha , I know exactly what you mean !
    They're on offer in Supervalu for €40, six boxes of capsules with it, (I mistakenly thought five!) although I think I'll get fed up playing with it soon too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Ah thanks guys for all the lovely words of support. :) Yiz are a sound bunch!

So...OH is now just back home. I collected him from the Mater. Covid tests showed negative, but the doctors believe it was some sort of viral infection/fever. OH had a whole battery of tests done overnight and initial results - i.e. heart, lungs, etc are all good.

Hopefully they will get to the bottom of what made him so very ill yesterday.

Great news..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Ha! And I hate instant. So a personal espresso machine would probably shoot me down in short order, too. Plus, I like to get my java fix made by some nice college student at a local coffeehouse. My one vice. With atmosphere and new folks to meet (after COVID). :o

Haha , I know exactly what you mean !
    They're on offer in Supervalu for €40, six boxes of capsules with it, (I mistakenly thought five!) although I think I'll get fed up playing with it soon too :pac:

I read that as meaning certain death for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Don’t like the smell of coffee “puke face” :D

Great news JK :)

• Advertisement

I read that as meaning certain death for me :P

I thought it might tempt you tbh :D
    Son does say geez ma , how do ever get any sleep the amount of coffee you drink ?!'
    I like really strong coffee ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I like really strong coffee ...
    Ditto. :D

I love lattes, always in search of a good one. By a good one i mean what i like personally, probably be slapped around the place by a proper barista :pac:

I love lattes, always in search of a good one.
    To celebrate. My budget is tight.

That reminds me of when bottles of water appeared in shops here.. We thought it was mad, it'd never catch on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

I’m laughing my arse off at this :)
    I bought a Nespresso machine a few months ago and as part of the purchase I got a deal for 100 assorted pods.
    I thought this is great... I’ll try a few out out today, see what they’re like... I must’ve had 12 coffees that evening after work!
    Sipping and tasting like I was an expert :)
    Cue about 4 hours later and I was basically FCUKED from caffeine overload.... :D

Semi adopted cat asleep on the couch flat out. House cat asleep upstairs. No fights yet. We are feeling really sorry for the new cat. Used to belong to my sister around the corner. They are so full of crap to abandon an animal like that. Mrs G is gonna sleep on the couch to check her check out time from hotel G!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Catching up on the thread . Its strange how I can feel so concerned about an anonymous posters (JK) OH and so relieved they're ok. Great news JK.
    Just looking for something to watch on TV and sweet fa of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hope they figure out what caused it JK, good that he's back home.

• Advertisement

HeyV wrote: »
    I’m laughing my arse off at this :)
    I bought a Nespresso machine a few months ago and as part of the purchase I got a deal for 100 assorted pods.
    I thought this is great... I’ll try a few out out today, see what they’re like... I must’ve had 12 coffees that evening after work!
    Sipping and tasting like I was an expert :)
    Cue about 4 hours later and I was basically FCUKED from caffeine overload.... :D

Ha , it's like a new toy isn't it and I'm glad I'm not the only one who done that :pac:
    You have to try all the different ones , I put it away after seven pm :o:)

Advertisement