Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lads, I know a lot of you are animal lovers.. I brought my cat for her annual jabs today. She's very dopey since, no energy, just tended to close her eyes.
    I can't rentals happening before, apart from after being brought home after neutering.
    Anyone see this before?
    Ring the vet or an out of hours one to be sure. She could have been coming down with something and the timing is coincidental, or the stress of the vet visit exacerbated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yea.. she didn't qualify for the Covid jab :D

:D Has she reacted like this before, I second what Leg end says

Yea.. she didn't qualify for the Covid jab :D

The vet might have changed suppliers, so they could be subtle differences even though the vaccine covered the same conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

She definitely wasn't stressed, the vet was fabulous fussing over her like a queen.
    I don't remember her being like this before but maybe I didn't pay heed. I only noticed dopiness after her neutering which was expected really.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ring the vet if you’re worried. I don’t think my cat gets dopey afypter her annual shots, although she does after her worming tablet for some reason.

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Ring the vet if you’re worried. I don’t think my cat gets dopey afypter her annual shots, although she does after her worming tablet for some reason.

She was wormed and flead today too. A full MOT so to speak.
    I've read online that they can be lethargic for 24 hours after and to ring vet if it doesn't pass then so ill see how she is in the morning.
    She did eat OK but she's just conked on the sofa now like she's hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grumpy's home.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Grumpy's home.

I hope all is well Sardi.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grumpy's home.

How are you both?.

How are you both?.

He seems ok. I never got talking to a Doctir despite repeated requests over the past few days, so dont really know what they have concluded. They've made some errors with his prescription, though, in one case potentially very serious, so will have fun tomorrow trying to get that resolved. I'm particularly angry that they have been giving him a DOUBLE dose of his night time sedation in the middle of the day! Apparently, that's the time they dispense that kind of medication on the ward! Even if they only need it at night. And the dose is an error that has been carried forward into his new script. I will be making an official complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jeez Sardi, infuriating, I'm giving you boobly hugs for the night.

Jeez Sardi, infuriating, I'm giving you boobly hugs for the night.

Way Hey!

Way Hey!

I’ll give you some more ;)

Not a great hugger Sardi but I'm fantastic on vibes, so sending lots of good ones your way. And Grumpy's. :)

Couchside. Good-tired because latest mad health kick has been launched. Countdown to some kind of more fun-er real-er life and summer has started, so, proper clothes, updated outlook, and more music on the cards. As are my new super-unnecessary brown suede cowboy-ish boots, eta 2 more days. Be great for all those imagined outdoor lunches in the sun :pac:

Also trying to laugh at/be more empathetic towards some of the short tempered crazy going round. There's also a lot of cool: my local park has a pretty senior demographic, I love how the older and wiser are better at just chilling and not taking sh*t personally. :) There's an old dude there, gotta be 80 at least, and we have the best chats every time I seem him and his gorgeous black spaniel. They sit on / beside a bench and just smile and chat and literally make everyone they interact with feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just saw my head/picture on Other Voices..a pic from a Fontaines gig in Listowel !!
    Ugly f##k...

4Ad wrote: »
    Just saw my head/picture on Other Voices..a pic from a Fontaines gig in Listowel !!
    Ugly f##k...

How long ago was it from?

How long ago was it from?

Dec 18...(I think)

Ugly f##k...

I was spotted..pic going around whatsapp already...thought people wud be in bed !!

Would it be worth our while rewinding? :D

Would it be worth our while rewinding? :D

No !!!
    You might not sleep too well !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Ugly f##k...

I randomly found a picture of myself on Boards years back at a show. It's a bit jarring knowing someone picked you as the subject out of a crowd.

kowloon wrote: »
    I randomly found a picture of myself on Boards years back at a show. It's a bit jarring knowing someone picked you as the subject out of a crowd.

I was surprised to ramdomnly see myself but surprised others spotted me...
    Cant say I found it jarring though !!
    More laughable !!

Might stick it up on my linkedin !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Lads, I know a lot of you are animal lovers.. I brought my cat for her annual jabs today. She's very dopey since, no energy, just tends to close her eyes.
    I can't remember this happening before, apart from after being brought home after neutering.
    Anyone see this before?

Yes, happened to our cat last year. Back to vet next day and he said there had been a few cats react the same way to this batch of shots. He gave him a shot of something to make him better and put a note on his record not to have this particular one again.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Yes, happened to our cat last year. Back to vet next day and he said there had been a few cats react the same way to this batch of shots. He gave him a shot of something to make him better and put a note on his record not to have this particular one again.
    Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Thanks x

Best of luck, hope she is feeling better today.

Afternoon all :) A cloudy day here but walks have to be taken :) Hope your cat is better PM

Happy Friday!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Afternoon all. My partner was taken by ambulance into A&E at 3am this morning as he had chest pains, was shivering in the bed, feeling very weak and dizzy. His temperature was through the roof and his heart rate was spinning.

He’d been feeling unwell since Tues evening - but really seemed to worsen last night. We decided to take no chances. Obviously he’s in the best place right now and is having a battery of tests done, I have been in touch by phone (I can’t be with him unfortunately due to restrictions).

Here on my own and I just cannot focus on work things at all. Thankfully no Zoom lectures to give today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh Geez Jupiterkid, such a frightening and worrying time for you both . Just try focus on the fact that he's in the best place and getting the best treatment to figure out what's going on . Hugs to you , look after yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Afternoon all. My partner was taken by ambulance into A&E at 3am this morning as he had chest pains, was shivering in the bed, feeling very weak and dizzy. His temperature was through the roof and his heart rate was spinning.

He’d been feeling unwell since Tues evening - but really seemed to worsen last night. We decided to take no chances. Obviously he’s in the best place right now and is having a battery of tests done, I have been in touch by phone (I can’t be with him unfortunately due to restrictions).

Here on my own and I just cannot focus on work things at all. Thankfully no Zoom lectures to give today.

I hope your OH gets better and it is nothing serious. How hard it must be for you to not be at his side, so I will say a prayer for you both.

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »

Oh my Jupiter, I hope he will be ok. Better to be in hospital and be ok, then to be at home and need assistance.

I saw an ambulance on my way home from work last night, on Blackhorse Ave, I was thinking about whoever it was for. hate seeing ambulances late at night like that :( Fingers crossed

Advertisement