Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What's Intervention?

Programme about people with addictions, be it drugs , alcohol , eating disorders.
    The family and friends , along with an Interventionist, try get to accept help in a rehab/detox facility.

I'm watching it on the A&E channel, there's a series on Netflix though of older episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm addicted to feckin flowers and stuff this year. Heading out to water the garden.:D

Flowers watered. But I must say the strawberry plant is doing the biz this year! I reckon Ms G will be sitting by a road near you soon.:D

GOPR0146.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Longest day of the year indeed, world anti-goth day.

Longest day of the year indeed, world anti-goth day.

And downhill to winter from here on in Grem.:D No more cutting grass or looking after flowers. No more worries about having BBQs or outdoor pints. Getting the oil in. Preparing for Christmas. Hoping Covid doesn't go mad in the dark months. Loads to look forward too! As a nearly 50 Irish man, I take it all in my stride.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I just like to spread cheer like the curmudgeon i am ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭thomil

Grandeeod wrote: »
    And downhill to winter from here on in Grem.:D No more cutting grass or looking after flowers. No more worries about having BBQs or outdoor pints. Getting the oil in. Preparing for Christmas. Hoping Covid doesn't go mad in the dark months. Loads to look forward too! As a nearly 50 Irish man, I take it all in my stride.:D

Thank goodness for that, just stumbled on another couple of boxes of photos from my school days that I need to scan. Bring on the long autumn evenings, I say :p

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I just like to spread cheer like the curmudgeon i am ;)

The world need us allsorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »

Am laughing here , at the minute I have 50 20kg bags of coal , one half of the shed filled with turf and a load of blocks arriving some day this week :o
    I need to start on oil next :pac:

thomil wrote: »
    Thank goodness for that, just stumbled on another couple of boxes of photos from my school days that I need to scan. Bring on the long autumn evenings, I say :p

I love winter. But I love summer too. That said I actually love winter more. I just find the cost is higher due to heating and candles. I love candles.:D We go to bed earlier in the winter too.:pac:

I have a case full of photos waiting to be scanned since last year and you're right dark evenings make a better place to do it, because I won't have to bother with flowers and upcycling stuff for outdoors.:D

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Am laughing here , at the minute I have 50 20kg bags of coal , one half of the shed filled with turf and a load of blocks arriving some day this week :o
    I need to start on oil next :pac:

In reality we are like animals in Ireland. Come outdoors to enjoy the summer but we are still thinking about the 9 months of crap that we need to prepare for Mam.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I like to plan ahead too, so I'm the proud owner of about 5 shovels of coal. :p

We retire the feather duster in october and let the spiders weave a blanket over the house.

We retire the feather duster in october and let the spiders weave a blanket over the house.

Grem :(

Feck, hoped i wouldn't spook anyone

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Hotel bedside, reading a good book. :)

Stunning weather today - and just too good a day to waste so after a swim in the hotel pool and a soak in the infinity pool - we headed due South on the M9 to the wonderful Waterford coast, taking in Dunmore East, Tramore, the Copper coast drive nearly to Dungarvan, then zooming back on the N25 & M9 to catch last orders for dinner in Kilkenny.

Delighted to be on this much deserved break! :D:)

Feck, hoped i wouldn't spook anyone

Putting the duster away!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Deskside with a coffee, looks like it's going to be a nice day.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    Later all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Beautiful morning out there. It would put you in a good mood. There was some singing at the top of the voice done on the way to work this morning that might have been more like a disturbed banhee's cry but sure nobody could hear me so no crime was committed

And yes banhee is a word. It's a Mr. banshee apparently. God bless you google!

What's next, banbabies.... ah look at their ickle faces

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Think that I’m in Death Valley where it’s a horrible 42 degrees C. Gotta sit here 8 hours waiting on our passengers to return. If Sally O’Brien was to give me an egg, the bloody thing would burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Beautiful sunny day :) I hope your enjoying your visit to Kilkenny JK :) Everyone needs some Kilkenny in their day ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    Everyone needs some Kilkenny in their day

Once you have a translator with you for the Kilkenny dialect, you'll be fine ;)

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

First time in 2 months! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

First time in 2 months! :)

Good stuff man! :)

Here, it won't be long now before your penchant for putting on the high heels of a Friday night can return!

Pace yourself though. Rome wasn't built in a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Good stuff man! :)

Here, it won't be long now before your penchant for putting on the high heels of a Friday night can return!

Pace yourself though. Rome wasn't built in a day!

They're a size too big, and the only ones that will actually go on...will have to wear the boot for a while more and ease back into shoes...physio should help with the swelling over the coming months... hopefully :)

Once you have a translator with you for the Kilkenny dialect, you'll be fine ;)

Ill have you know I have a beautiful accent and you’re only jealous :P :D

They're a size too big, and the only ones that will actually go on...will have to wear the boot for a while more and ease back into shoes...physio should help with the swelling over the coming months... hopefully :)

Hooves are looking well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Autosport wrote: »
    Ill have you know I have a beautiful accent and you’re only jealous :P :D

Did you say something?

No need to water the flowers this evening. A steady drizzle is doing a fantastic job.:D But there is a need to do a zoom call to Cork. Enjoyed a nice lunch outside a local deli earlier in the sunshine. Just me and Mrs G and a tonne of plumbers, sparks, van drivers, farm hands and every hungry work wear fecker in the area. The romance was off the scale.:D

• Advertisement

Lying on the bed listening to the rain and browsing the menu for the restaurant I'm going to tomorrow evening, looking forward to a highly calorific meal and pints. Also heading out for dinner on Thursday night to a friends house, that will be a proper spud dinner with a selection of drinks. Looking forward to both so much , its been a long time coming.

Need to haul myself into the shower now and then apply some tan, I've been attempting it for the last few hours but I've no energy, shattered.

Advertisement