Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Watching a daft film with a brilliant cast on Netflix. Headache and freezing, huddling under my fluffy blanky while Grumpy troughs toffees in front of Italy and Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

4Ad wrote: »
    I had a great day running in the heat.

How long did you run for?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Checking into our hotel in Kilkenny where we'll be staying for the next few days.

Then off to catch the swimming.pool before it closes for the evening. Happy Sunday all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Do you know I've actually never experienced 'the fear' after drink. Its more a case of me feeling like I must have seemed like a right eejit but that's it. That passes quickly. My suffering is very much on the physical side of things. I feel like I've been hit by many buses and its fùcked up my day.
    Lucky you.

I went for a few quiet drinks one sunny afternoon a few years ago ...

Well! A few of us ended up back at mine and we kept going until half 7 the next morning. I don't know how I managed it.

The fear the next 2 days was horrific. If someone had called to the door I'd have hidden behind the couch, such was the level of paranoia.

Lesson learned for Leggy, I haven't repeated it since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Checking into our hotel in Kilkenny where we'll be staying for the next few days.

Then off to catch the swimming.pool before it closes for the evening. Happy Sunday all! :D

well it certainly is for you anyway!!!

God, others out enjoying themselves in hotels, it would make ya sick! :D

Enjoy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Turned out to be a lovely day weather wise , the grass got a shave and a haircut and the turf found a home in the shed . Done for the evening, feet up time , although knowing me I've just jinxed myself;:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭4Ad

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    How long did you run for?

3k track race in Ennis.
    Then did 8km of hills ..

JupiterKid wrote: »

Oh enjoy!

Are things operating fairly normally?

Lucky you.

I went for a few quiet drinks one sunny afternoon a few years ago ...

Well! A few of us ended up back at mine and we kept going until half 7 the next morning. I don't know how I managed it.

The fear the next 2 days was horrific. If someone had called to the door I'd have hidden behind the couch, such was the level of paranoia.

Lesson learned for Leggy, I haven't repeated it since!

Do you have a point of no return Leg? For me its 3 pints and after that things get messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Do you have a point of no return Leg? For me its 3 pints .

Of wine?

• Advertisement

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Of wine?

No! :D of beer!

I can sip away at wine over hours no bother but have to be careful with the beer. It is lovely though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Alcohol is nasty :D. Was never a fan of alcohol :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Autosport wrote: »
    Alcohol is nasty :D. Was never a fan of alcohol :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Ah it's lovely :D

Ah it's lovely :D

Don’t tell anyone I used to drink Malibu and pineapple juice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My last beer. Jaysus they went down great. Gonna have that cheese sandwich soon enough with a drop down of potato salad and a packet of hunky dorys. Some strawberry milk too! Then bed. Leccie blanket on. Its feckin cold out there folks. I really wish the best of luck to tomorrows gob****e at 9am who gets the credit for my work. I'll be putting on the sausages, beans, white pudding and toast while they get the praise. But I got the money.:D

Do you have a point of no return Leg? For me its 3 pints and after that things get messy.

I do indeed!

I'm not one for pints, being such a lady like. :p

8 glasses, 4 cans, 8 bottles, after that it starts to get messy. That's over a few hours, not knocked back.

I can only tolerate a glass or 2 of wine, although in fairness to me, I do try.

Spirits? Pray to whatever God you believe in that I'm in a benevolent mood.

Besides that I am positively charming. In fact, I'm a joy to be around, and I'll take on any asshole who begs to differ! *

* Not while sober*

Don’t tell anyone I used to drink Malibu and pineapple juice ;)

I hate to be the one to break it to you Auto, but that known as the drink of choice of 'loose women's in the 80s ...

... I suggest we both delete these posts. :D

I do indeed!

I'm not one for pints, being such a lady like. :p

8 glasses, 4 cans, 8 bottles, after that it starts to get messy. That's over a few hours, not knocked back.

I can only tolerate a glass or 2 of wine, although in fairness to me, I do try.

Spirits? Pray to whatever God you believe in that I'm in a benevolent mood.

Besides that I am positively charming. In fact, I'm a joy to be around, and I'll take on any asshole who begs to differ! *

* Not while sober*

Of course :p

Spirits I wouldn't be able to stomach at all. Himself likes the odd glass of whiskey but I think it's dreadful stuff. Gin and vodka I also couldn't touch. Funny thing is when you put any of them in a cocktail they immediately taste amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I like a cocktail, a White Russian in particular but spirits in general kick the fûcking head off me....

I used to be partial to a couple of Jack Daniels and cokes pre closing last orders but whatever they did to my head and stomach... ughhh not worth it..l

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A nice walk done and a decent day out there.

• Advertisement

Hopefully the day gets warmer as it goes on , have a fecking jacket on me here at the moment. Coffee, then outside again , yep am delaying it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Well, I managed to wake up fully today! I was totally wiped out yesterday as though I'd been given sedation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i woke about an hour ago convinced I’d my gym with trainer at 11 but it’s tomorrow I’d booked in for not today... doing a class or going just with yourself it’s easy to hide the low energy as you be your own boss... less so when you are under ‘ instruction ‘... relief as energy levels are in the doldrums this morning, very odd as ive been in the main lazy this weekend...

I hate to be the one to break it to you Auto, but that known as the drink of choice of 'loose women's in the 80s ...

... I suggest we both delete these posts. :D

I was only a child then so I’m in the clear :D

Sun is shining and it’s gonna be a good day :)

Strumms wrote: »
    I like a cocktail, a White Russian in particular but spirits in general kick the fûcking head off me....

I used to be partial to a couple of Jack Daniels and cokes pre closing last orders but whatever they did to my head and stomach... ughhh not worth it..l

I'd be the same. First class ticket to vomelet town.

Getting my first vaccination on Friday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Getting my first vaccination on Friday :)

Are we allowed guess your age Auto :P

Are we allowed guess your age Auto :P

Guess all you want :P

Eating garlic pizza bread and watching Intervention.

I have a hazelnut chocolate croissant for later :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Eating garlic pizza bread and watching Intervention.

I have a hazelnut chocolate croissant for later :pac:
    What's Intervention?

To thine own self be true

Advertisement