Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol , it's mad isn't it?
    You're delighted they're away having a great time , you're enjoying the time to yourself , yet wondering if they're ok :pac:

Exactly Mam, no matter what age they are it's all worry, better off when they're young and once they're in bed you can relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Exactly Mam, no matter what age they are it's all worry, better off when they're young and once they're in bed you can relax.

Oh so true Duvet , it doesn't get easier when they move out of home either !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Packing my suitcase for five days away down in Kilkenny. My OH is treating me away for this holiday - so so much deserved, I may add :D - and we’re looking forward to getting away down in the Sunny South East.

Quite a few things in my itinerary when down there. In such good form. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Packing my suitcase for five days away down in Kilkenny. My OH is treating me away for this holiday - so so much deserved, I may add :D - and we’re looking forward to getting away down in the Sunny South East.

Quite a few things in my itinerary when down there. In such good form. :)

Make sure to visit the castle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    Make sure to visit the castle :)

I love Nichols Mosse pottery mill out in Bennetsbridge.
    The coffee shop is fab there.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Fecking heating on, it's freezing now ffs!

Fecking heating on, it's freezing now ffs!

It's cold here all day, I'm just in the leaba, dressing gown on and with my hwb, refused to put the heating on ,its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

It's cold here all day, I'm just in the leaba, dressing gown on and with my hwb, refused to put the heating on ,its ridiculous.

and it 2 days from mid summer !

Now going to the bed myself ( 'leccy blanket was deployed earlier :) )

0lddog wrote: »
    and it 2 days from mid summer !

Now going to the bed myself ( 'leccy blanket was deployed earlier :) )

It's shaping up to be a cool summer. It was lovely here earlier, but the evenings and nights are cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Feckin jab got me this time! Headache, blocked nose, washed out. Paracetamol and back to bed here.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Feckin jab got me this time! Headache, blocked nose, washed out. Paracetamol and back to bed here.

Sardi, a lot of people I know got their second vaccine in the last week and were wiped out the day after, they were freezing cold headaches and very tired. It's strange how it works, my parents sailed through it but younger people got very sick. Hope you manage to get some rest and keep taking the paracetamol.

Bedside here, it was raining earlier, I should get up and do something but no sign of my mojo, I'll put the kettle on and see how I feel after some coffee.

DD, give your mojo a day off. Enjoy your peace and quiet.

The electricity is off here, no coffee, it's a devastating start to the day:(

Not good, bubbly, not good at all.

Just out of shower here. About to face the inferno of rage that is Grumpy.

In bed devoid of mojo too, but want a coffee. It would be great to have room service at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Up since 6am, nice brekkie made and eaten, hot shower was had, tomato plants fed and back lawn cut and looking at houses online now.
    Nice morning out there.
    There's a LOT to be said for not waking up hungover on Sundays. I wasted too many of them down the years!

Went for a walk on the wild deserted north mayo beaches, fab.
    Back and electricity is on, woo hoo!!
    Coffee time

I never want to see another drop of alcohol again as long as I live.

We took a spin in to the village around 4pm on 'scoping mission'. There we saw one of our favourite spots with a little beer garden set up. 5 hours later when we get home we join a BBQ on the green. I made a holy show of meself because two of our neighbours are Gardai/detectives. "I love Ted Hastings"!! "I want to be Chief Superintendent Frosty"!!
    :(

Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

....Lord.

An arresting experience* for you, Frostie :D

* - tag line for the 'I was a morning grouch' TV ad for Little Chip marmalade ( said ad may or may not have been run on RTE before Frostie was born )

I never want to see another drop of alcohol again as long as I live.

We took a spin in to the village around 4pm on 'scoping mission'. There we saw one of our favourite spots with a little beer garden set up. 5 hours later when we get home we join a BBQ on the green. I made a holy show of meself because two of our neighbours are Gardai/detectives. "I love Ted Hastings"!! "I want to be Chief Superintendent Frosty"!!
    :(

Lord.
    Are you in the horrors? Flashbacks, dread and paranoia?

Your only realistic option is to move and change your name.

:D

• Advertisement

Nothing worse than the fear, often sat in the work carpark on a Monday wondering if I should go to the airport and board the first flight to anywhere and never return. 😂 I gave up work nights out a few years ago apart from ones that I left early or just my own immediate work friends, just not worth it.

I remember that ad Olddog, always felt it was about me, the ultimate morning grouch.

Couchside, started a major clothes clear out, have a mountain of them thrown on the landing and then got overwhelmed so left them there, will they actually get put into bags and go for recycling or will the hoarder kick in, anyones guess tbh.☺️

two of our neighbours are Gardai/detectives. "I love Ted Hastings"!!.

probably looking at you like you'd floated up the Lagan in a bubble

Do you know I've actually never experienced 'the fear' after drink. Its more a case of me feeling like I must have seemed like a right eejit but that's it. That passes quickly. My suffering is very much on the physical side of things. I feel like I've been hit by many buses and its fùcked up my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Do you know I've actually never experienced 'the fear' after drink. Its more a case of me feeling like I must have seemed like a right eejit but that's it. That passes quickly. My suffering is very much on the physical side of things. I feel like I've been hit by many buses and its fùcked up my day.

I've a tale to tell some day....
    Prenight wedding drinks....2 grooms families were being introduced... they were Geordies...and I had a bottle and a half of whiskey...

I've a tale to tell some day....
    Prenight wedding drinks....2 grooms families were being introduced... they were Geordies...and I had a bottle and a half of whiskey...

you drank a bottle and a half of whiskey the night before your own wedding? And she still went ahead and married you? Sure that was her big chance to run for it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

NewRed2 wrote: »
    you drank a bottle and a half of whiskey the night before your own wedding? And she still went ahead and married you? Sure that was her big chance to run for it :p

No, not mine...my cousin's wedding...I mildly intimated in my post it was a gay wedding.... Tralee Vs the cast if Geordie shore :)

No, not mine...my cousin's wedding...I mildly intimated in my post it was a gay wedding.... Tralee Vs the cast if Geordie shore :)

yeah I thought that bit was a typo :D

So it was already too late for your missus by then so

In other news...my darling daughter got me a beautiful card...I'm so touched

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Worked from 8am to 4.30pm at the tech desk. Delighted with the results and the money.:D Mrs G had a lovely roast chicken dinner ready for me. I demolished that and now enjoying a guilt free few beers. I've also noticed that there is a block of my fave bog standard Calvita cheese in the fridge with a pint of strawberry milk. So that's the cheese sandwich post beers supper sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭4Ad

Couchside, I'm so talented I am not only watching 2 games of football but watching US track and field Olympic trials and supping a vino...what will I do when the golf starts ??
    I had a great day running in the heat and spent the rest of it with my Da...Happy Days !!

Advertisement