Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Can’t wait to see Gifted topless 😉😘😘😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Will Alfie go topless?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The recent past few days has seen horrendous posts on Boards.ie using vile crude abusive language about women the majority which have gone unchallenged. I don't think mods are getting reports, so its vey hit and miss. There is also a bullying clique.

Its gone so bad the trolls have even invaded the pet forum, which is usually a place to get good advice on all things pet and have a good discussion and advice from experts.

It is a pity when people you respect want to head off, but its totally understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Is it any better or worse than Reddit ? If you want fun just put the words Saudi Arabia in any thread and watch the ignorant reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Lovely changes to the sky last night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Has a dog even done a stretch unless someone goes 'biiiiiiiiiiig stretch' while they are doing so??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,825 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's the posters on here that keep others posting imo . Other wise everyone would have left . The sense of community has dwindled since the clusterfcuk that was the move to Vanilla. All just my opinion though..

It's Thursday, it's not raining, we're here , three positive things 😌

Getting the hair done now, treat myself Thursday 😂😂👍

• Advertisement

Been catching up with those telescope photos, incredible, mind blowing really..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't notice the aggression/venom or trolling on this site.

I just click into the same ole threads that I have bookmarked and generally there's very little out of the ordinary posted.

Sorry if some of you are having bad experiences but I honestly can't say (thankfully) it's come to my notice but I echo the praise for the moderators.

Not for all the tea in China would I do it.

ETA.. I notice a bit of argumentative or provoking posts sometimes in threads by repetitive posters but I can't be sure if it's deliberate or if they just believe what they try to sway others to think. I just eye roll when I see those names come up.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I kinda agree with you.

There's certain topics that I just know one or two posters will be up in arms over....I'm not saying they are wrong...but if they didn't get on their high horse the topic would die a natural death.

It's abit like Tommy Tiernan on the late late show back in the day.

I think the majority of posters are genuinely nice people you may not agree with everything they post but you respect their point of view.

If you don't like a thread or the way a thread is evolving stop reading it and be aware that a percentage of posters are wind up merchants so having a rant just fuels them.

❤️❤️ I’m grateful for the wherers

Ahh Auto that's lovely

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Auto - that is a really sweet sentiment. 🥰

Sitting out on our hotel balcony in the glorious July sun after a very late lie-in, thinking of what we’ll be doing today. Will be meeting up with an old college mate who lives in Kilkenny for dinner later. Hot tub looks inviting but I have to buy something in town so will forgo the tub until this evening. 😎 🌊

@Sardi - like the others here have opined, you are a great poster on boards and I for one would be very sorry to see you go, but on the other hand I fully agree with you that the atmosphere on boards has got very toxic and antagonistic in recent years, and this was happening long before the disastrous platform changeover a year ago.

Just for an example - there is a thread here in AH called Ireland In The Sun, but instead of the thread being about the warm sunny weather and how posters are enjoying the sun, it is a predictable whingefest of negativity and bitterness from the usual suspects. Sad. 😞😒😏

I for one am getting really sick and tired of the relentless negativity, anger and bitterness on boards. My OH (who wisely eschews all social media) thinks I should give it a long break as he feels it is impacting on my mental health, and that and my sobriety are paramount.

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TF it's Friday, what a week, the stress and drama. Anyway I'm 'destressing ', binge watching the new First Dates ,thinking the ones my age look way older than me but they probably don't 🙄😁.....had a long conversation with someone today, his wife was mentioned, when I was leaving he asked for my number, ffs, you just got to laugh, my friends are skitting, is there any genuine people left. 🤔

Lil ole optimist me wants to hope that it was platonic 🙄

• Advertisement

I get you Grem, it was jokey but not if you get me, second time recently, it must be the norm,ffs.

This is why my optmist part is miniscule i guess!

Ugh, got a flashback or two there 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

@Autosport lovely sentiments and everyone else too. I hope Sardi and Jupiter stay around.

It is very toxic out there and I don't get the scale of it. Earlier this week a young academic colleague from a university passed away unexpectedly. Michael D Higgins paid a lovely tribute but then people were arguing about how the woman died and we should know how she died. Why would you do that in a public forum and the poor woman barely dead? Sorry for the rant, it just annoyed me so much and her poor family....

May your weekend be good to you all 😘

I'm tucking into the Meghan Markle book here.

Tea spill incoming... 🧐

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'd love to be a fly in carol Middleton's home 😂😂😂

Didn't even know that book existed 😂 I need to get my reading mojo back

• Advertisement

Ah here, is there a curfew on the thread now??? 😜

Advertisement