Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,245 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Sardonicat sorry to hear about your Dad.

Sorry to hear about your dad Sardi ((hugs))

Best wishes to you and your Dad Sardi. 💜

Hope he's better soon Sardi.x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@Sardonicat I'll be thinking of you and your dad.

The latest cases I'm hearing of around here seem to he the older generation for some reason.

It must be very frustrating for you not being able to see him.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭gifted

We certainly are...back in hotel room now as we just had our dinner.....my kids are like me.....feed us and and that's it, we're done for the evening, all we want is comfort after that 🙂🙂🙂

Fingers crossed my parents had it last year and it's not nice worrying about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Im toasting in the pit, suffering from sticky sack at the moment with the heat.

Its a man thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

@Sardonicat very sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope it's a quick recovery for him. Mind yourself too..

• Advertisement

Sitting on my balcony with a Nespresso and pamama hat, total morning relaxation. It’s 31C but UV is zero for the next hour then up to 13.

Just done discovery Park.....outside cafe now trying g to cool down.....Blue t shirt is soaked with sweat....I'm definitely medium rare at this stage.....fabulous weather

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nearly home again after things.. Sad.

Anyway, wife needs feeding as do i

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was nice to eat out, prawns and croquettes and steak sandwich was had.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Extra hugs incoming for Grem and Missus.

I bet @smurfjed is laughing at us Europeans and our "heatwave".

I was talking to a friend in UAE today about our heat and she said "sure that's our spring". 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Southpark and laughing at the boys reaction to Catcher In The Rye. Exactly the same as mine when I read it 20 odd years ago, Ie what a load of shite.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Having a super chilled time down here in Kilkenny with my partner for his postponed birthday break away. 💕😊🥳🎁

Weather has been scorching - but we've been using the hot tub in cool mode on the balcony in our hotel room after sunbathing - pure bliss! 😎🌞🌞🌞

Smurfjed wouldn’t survive without air conditioning, I have 4 units in my house and it’s a no-go item for the truck. But life has to go on even with the heat. Yesterday I went to a car scrap yard and got a new door and bonnet for my truck, (due to corrosion ) Then stopped off at the water front and finally took a walk down the sea front, it was kinda quiet at noon. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'd love a boat to go out in

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Happy to report that Grumpy is holding his own against Covid so far. Wish I could say the same for me. For the first time ever I am genuinely considering closing out my Boards account. Boards, in particular this thread and you fabulous Wherers, has been a life line to me while I've been a carer with much reduced social contact, but the way this site is going lately with the most blatant and vile xenophobia, racism, misogyny and class bashing that is allowed to stand, unchallenged and the amount of it being posted has really turned me off the site. This used to be a fun place, in the main, with the occasional serious debate on issues that could be interesting and informative. Now it's just...horrible. Maybe I just need to take a break from it. I'll miss you lot if I do go, though.

Back home in Galway....had a great time in kilkenny. Had an awakening moment today, myself and the missus have realised that our 3 chick's have no mass on money or where it comes from. There was a lot of discussions on the way home and a few stern words handed out. Chick's will soon realise that money is to be earned and respected and not wasted away.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Am only on this thread once in a blue moon, and not very much on boards these days. I stick to a handful of threads when I log in.

Agree with @thomil and @Sardonicat it's a shame to see what boards has become and what is let pass as acceptable. Ugh.

@Sardonicat glad to hear grumps is holding up well..

As for the site issues, I totally understand, it's gone from relatively simple to mod things to a feeling of pushing out the tide.. I'm trying to hang in there but it's exhausting..

I suggest a topless evening 3 evenings a week......bet the figures will rocket ..lol lol

Only topless thing I want is a bottle of beer ooh or a bottle of milk..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside

I may have gotten myself a boyfriend if our next date goes well. Yay! 😀

Advertisement