Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite quiz question?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Going to guess Bon Scott.
    Bon Scott's death happened many years after 'a day in the life'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

on a related note, name the person whose death inspired the 'he blew his mind out in a car' line (and whose actual death was not gun related)?

Someone connected with Harods anyway but can’t think of the name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

What are the 39 steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What are the 39 steps?

The no of steps up the royal box at the old Wembley but you said what not where but there’s a Hitchcock film called the 39 steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The no of steps up the royal box at the old Wembley but you said what not where but there’s a Hitchcock film called the 39 steps.

There's two films. Both good. The 39 steps are different things in either film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Yes indeed, thanks for raising that, the question should be "Where are the 39 steps" as shouted out by Kenneth More in the 1959 film called The 39 Steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

What national flag is neither square nor rectangular?

Nepal - 2 triangles

Interestingly, I was aggreived when told Switzerland (square flag) was wrong answer to "what country's flag is not rectangular?".
    It turns out the quizmaster was correct, as by definition a square is a special type of rectangle with equal length sides. News to me!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

IF

"11 P's in a FT" ====> 11 Players in a Football Team

THEN

"2000 P's in a TTB" ====> ?????

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

on what river lies the world's largest river island?

on what river lies the world's largest river island?

Hudson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I know there's a massive one in the Amazon,,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How many moons does the Earth have ?

An old QI favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I'm going to take one for the team, and say one?

Edit: or none

Nepal - 2 triangles

Interestingly, I was aggreived when told Switzerland (square flag) was wrong answer to "what country's flag is not rectangular?".
    It turns out the quizmaster was correct, as by definition a square is a special type of rectangle with equal length sides. News to me!

It's all in the angles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

More than one.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Edit: or none

https://youtu.be/s-HoCVAqcx4

I know there's a massive one in the Amazon,,

it's on the Brahmaputra, in india - Majuli Island: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majuli

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

it's on the Brahmaputra, in india - Majuli Island: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majuli

Marajó is over a hundred times bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A river island is an island surrounded by river water. marajo island isn't entirely surrounded by river water. it is surrounded by the atlantic on one side.

A river island is an island surrounded by river water. marajo island isn't entirely surrounded by river water. it is surrounded by the atlantic on one side.
    surrounded by fresh water from the Amazon

• Advertisement

we need arbitration.

the guinness book of records - not that they are the ultimate arbiters - seem to have replaced Marajo with Majuli in 2016, i'll try to find out what the basis of that decision was.

what was the largest aircraft that ever took to the air?

and how much did it weigh ?

define largest. largest in what dimension?

Was it Howard Hughes’s experiment- the spruce goose?

golfball37 wrote: »
    Was it Howard Hughes’s experiment- the spruce goose?

not even close. Even an A380 is longer though the hughes aicraft was wider

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Who saved a penalty for Man United and scored the winner in the cup final for Newcastle?

Hint: It's not a real person

define largest. largest in what dimension?
    strangely not width. i actually thought Capt'n Midnight had given the game away.
    but it's kinda nuts how big it was.

554786.png

the USS phoenix, an american warship commissioned as the USS Phoenix in 1935, survived the attack on Pearl Harbour, and was the last such surviving ship still in service, but is better known for what reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

the USS phoenix, an american warship commissioned as the USS Phoenix in 1935, survived the attack on Pearl Harbour, and was the last such surviving ship still in service, but is better known for what reason?

Light cruiser sold to Argentina as one General Belgrano?

Also the only ship ever to be sunk by a nuclear submarine, if it is indeed that ship.

Advertisement