Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it me??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

blue5000 wrote: »
    Maybe a car boot sale. Head of a hatchet would do, but wear safety glasses as chips can fly off the head when you hammer them.

Top two pics are larch stakes made this way about 15 years ago. They're in a cutaway bog so would have water lapping around them the odd winter.
    550484.jpg

550485.jpg

550486.jpg

Bottom photo was a broken sawn larch stake with a cross grain at 45 deg.

Right, well I got myself some wedges, and gave splitting a handy log a go...

It split ok, but I don’t think I followed the grain as good as I could. Like you said, the tree kinda twisted as it grew, so it didn’t split very cleanly I think...
    It’s rough looking, but hopefully they’ll last...
    553181.jpeg

Right, well I got myself some wedges, and gave splitting a handy log a go...

It split ok, but I don’t think I followed the grain as good as I could. Like you said, the tree kinda twisted as it grew, so it didn’t split very cleanly I think...
    It’s rough looking, but hopefully they’ll last...

There's some cleft oak posts here from the early 1960's, about as straight as a politician but just try driving a staple into them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭josephsoap

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28154202

€15,250 for 2006 landcruiser 😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

josephsoap wrote: »

Stupidly no picture of upholstery, I'd like to see it well minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭amacca

€15,250 for 2006 landcruiser ����

Looks to be in good nick but that to me is a mental price for that vintage.

• Advertisement

amacca wrote: »
    Looks to be in good nick but that to me is a mental price for that vintage.

There was a lad driving, I think it was a 98 pajero, spotless, said he gave €11,000 for it.

There was a lad driving, I think it was a 98 pajero, spotless, said he gave €11,000 for it.

I bought a beautiful jap import 97 2.8 swb around about 2005 for 10.5k and thought that was a very generous price too.

I wouldn't have been expecting to get more for it 16 years later (even in good condition)

Crazy old world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Last year we had ESB contractors doing work on a transformer pole that is on the land. One of guys asked OH if he would sell (my) 98 swb 2.8 Pajero. It hasn't been tested or on the road since 2016. We use it on farm as a run around/work horse - a bit like a quad but better.

Maybe I should get it valeted and tested :rolleyes:

Base price wrote: »
    Last year we had ESB contractors doing work on a transformer pole that is on the land. One of guys asked OH if he would sell (my) 98 swb 2.8 Pajero. It hasn't been tested or on the road since 2016. We use it on farm as a run around/work horse - a bit like a quad but better.

Maybe I should get it valeted and tested :rolleyes:

At that money you'd be mad not to. Still though they do look well and my one at least wad a very dependable likeable jeep. If I could have it back in good condition I'd think about it.

Sold it for 500 in the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

A friend was asked €10,500 for an 05 crew cab Land Cruiser with 220,000 miles last week. Granted it was a 5 seater with fairly high spec but it wasn't in overly clean condition for it's age. I must have given the game away with a facial expression when he told me the price because he said it was probably too much for it. He's since bought an 05 Isuzu Dmax that's an ex OPW jeep and immaculate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭josephsoap

A friend was asked €10,500 for an 05 crew cab Land Cruiser with 220,000 miles last week. Granted it was a 5 seater with fairly high spec but it wasn't in overly clean condition for it's age. I must have given the game away with a facial expression when he told me the price because he said it was probably too much for it. He's since bought an 05 Isuzu Dmax that's an ex OPW jeep and immaculate.

Yeah the crew cab land cruisers are crazy money no matter what their year

Yeah the crew cab land cruisers are crazy money no matter what their year

They must be, I'd rather be selling than buying at that price. Let no one try and convince me that a 16 year old jeep with 200 odd thousand miles on it hasn't it's best day's behind it no matter how well it was minded.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

They must be, I'd rather be selling than buying at that price. Let no one try and convince me that a 16 year old jeep with 200 odd thousand miles on it hasn't it's best day's behind it no matter how well it was minded.

16 year old Toyotas with D4D engine wouldn't have a great reputation. Neighbour has a mid 90's 3.1L Trooper that he bought for €800 a few years back. He's pestered with lads asking will he sell it. Are they going for export or is it just that they want the engine and gearbox?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I've a 91 pajero 2.5 swb with no tax or
    test. needs a right good valet. body good.
    what's it worth?
    I've a 2005 Hyundai terracon no test either. body great on it.
    i must surely be sitting on a few quid.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

what's it worth?

I'll give you 20k for both but you have to fill them with diesel.

what's it worth?

What were the terracan like out of interest? I could count on one hand the few of them I knew of locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

what's it worth?

Got 1000 for 92 pajero in 09, engine blew shortly after,

What were the terracan like out of interest? I could count on one hand the few of them I knew of locally.

good to pull. landcruizer size. comfy enough. haven't ever seen to many either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭enricoh

Danzy wrote: »

I'll go 30k, I'm after getting the following email n am getting a few mill handy, she wants me to spend some of it on baby orphans but sod that- time for shiny metal old and new!

I am Janet Markham. A business woman from Australia dealing with gold exportation in the Republic of Burkina Faso .I was diagnosed with ovarian/breast cancer disease which doctors have confirmed that I have just a few weeks to live, I sleep every night without knowing if I will be alive to see the next day.
    And Now that I’m ending the race like this, without any family members and no child, I have decided to hand over the sum of ($4.5 Million Dollar) in my account to you for the help of orphanage homes/the poor widows in your location to fulfill my wish on earth. You may be wondering why I choose you but I have no option but to contact someone who is ready and will be honest and do my wish. I decided to contact you after my prayers today and I know my faith will not fail me . I have laid all the solemn trust in you before I decided to donate what I have to charity through you. But before handing over my data to you, please i want you to kindly assure me that you will take only 50% of the total fund and share the rest to orphanage homes, help the poor and widows.
    Please respond to enable me to forward you the necessary information before it will be too late as the bank is aware of my decision over the fund. Because at this stage if no one applies for the money it will transfer to the bank treasury when I’m gone and they will not use it to help the poor orphans, widows to fulfill my wish on earth.

thanks
    Miss. Janet Markham,
    Written from Hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

enricoh wrote: »
    I'll go 30k, I'm after getting the following email n am getting a few mill handy, she wants me to spend some of it on baby orphans but sod that- time for shiny metal old and new!

I am Janet Markham. A business woman from Australia dealing with gold exportation in the Republic of Burkina Faso .I was diagnosed with ovarian/breast cancer disease which doctors have confirmed that I have just a few weeks to live, I sleep every night without knowing if I will be alive to see the next day.
    And Now that I’m ending the race like this, without any family members and no child, I have decided to hand over the sum of ($4.5 Million Dollar) in my account to you for the help of orphanage homes/the poor widows in your location to fulfill my wish on earth. You may be wondering why I choose you but I have no option but to contact someone who is ready and will be honest and do my wish. I decided to contact you after my prayers today and I know my faith will not fail me . I have laid all the solemn trust in you before I decided to donate what I have to charity through you. But before handing over my data to you, please i want you to kindly assure me that you will take only 50% of the total fund and share the rest to orphanage homes, help the poor and widows.
    Please respond to enable me to forward you the necessary information before it will be too late as the bank is aware of my decision over the fund. Because at this stage if no one applies for the money it will transfer to the bank treasury when I’m gone and they will not use it to help the poor orphans, widows to fulfill my wish on earth.

thanks
    Miss. Janet Markham,
    Written from Hospital

Some lads just get all the luck eh? I bet theres young single girls in youre area looking to chat to you as well?

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭enricoh

Some lads just get all the luck eh? I bet theres young single girls in youre area looking to chat to you as well?

Now that I'm a multi millionaire there will be anyway! The missus may get the shotgun out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

enricoh wrote: »
    Now that I'm a multi millionaire there will be anyway! The missus may get the shotgun out!

Join a swingers club, works both ways then.

Better living everyone

Danzy wrote: »

I'll throw in an ifor Williams with an ibc full of diesel if I got that price!

lads do be on about land and the attachment to it. i said to dad years ago, if a motorway was coming this way would you sell the house and farm to them? his reply was, id never see that sort of money coming this way again, let them have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Dunedin

lads do be on about land and the attachment to it. i said to dad years ago, if a motorway was coming this way would you sell the house and farm to them? his reply was, id never see that sort of money coming this way again, let them have it.

About 30 years ago there were plans for a motorway to come through middle of farm (60 acres). The father was fierce annoyed about it at the time as farm is is rectangle in shape and the plans were for straight down the middle of the long part. Thankfully it never came.

Everyone to their own but I certainly wouldn’t like motorway down the middle of farm regardless of what money I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

€15,250 for 2006 landcruiser ����

Sounds reasonable considering I paid 750 Euro more (ie 16k inc. vat ) for the same year Landcruiser.
    Granted I bought mine from a main Toyota dealer with a 1 year warranty ,It was a LWB ,had 120k less on it ,serviced and had injector recall done. Ok the tyre's were not brand new but it did have a full years test on it .Also I had no trade in .

Almost forgot ;I bought mine in September 2009 which is 12 years ago in 4 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Dunedin wrote: »
    About 30 years ago there were plans for a motorway to come through middle of farm (60 acres). The father was fierce annoyed about it at the time as farm is is rectangle in shape and the plans were for straight down the middle of the long part. Thankfully it never came.

Everyone to their own but I certainly wouldn’t like motorway down the middle of farm regardless of what money I got.

No one wants a motorway through their farm but when it happens you won't stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

wrangler wrote: »
    No one wants a motorway through their farm but when it happens you won't stop it.

Unless you're Peter Sweetman.

https://www.friendsoftheirishenvironment.org/papers-today/43-views-opinons/15020-

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Yea, I ran up against him a few times,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

No mention of felling licences there?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

blue5000 wrote: »
    No mention of felling licences there?

None but I think there's references to forestry on that site.

It's a pity people with that thought don't see timber as a crop.
    Apparently there's a shortage in the US as well whether it's the same as objections to felling licenses as here and the same collaboration.

If we are to drawdown carbon. It has to be harvested, used in long-term building or furniture or cooked for centuries storage. .and the land resown in as fast as turn around as possible.

Leaving in situ risks burn down and carbon release or rot and release.

Advertisement