Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are auction contracts categorically infallible

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    you only wish to focus on the behaviour of one of the parties here , that is arguing in bad faith .

You're not going to get the answer you want in this thread.

Property auctions are not for the faint of heart.
    Pop over to any of the property threads and you can see the pain and heartache regarding titles, contracts, rights of way etc. when the process is done normally. Now speed a 3 month process into a single week and remove the solicitors.

The onus is all on the buyer to verify ahead of time that what they're buying is the genuine article. It's why auction property can be picked up cheaper.
    BidX1 and Auctioneera have plenty of disclaimers on their ads. I've driven to auctioned properties and the pictures can be years out of date, or say 3 houses in the same estate all use the same pictures of the best looking house.

Not saying there's no recourse, but an unofficial bedroom is better than knotweed, subsidence, rising damp, or a tenant who REALLY doesn't want to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    You're not going to get the answer you want in this thread.

Property auctions are not for the faint of heart.
    Pop over to any of the property threads and you can see the pain and heartache regarding titles, contracts, rights of way etc. when the process is done normally. Now speed a 3 month process into a single week and remove the solicitors.

The onus is all on the buyer to verify ahead of time that what they're buying is the genuine article. It's why auction property can be picked up cheaper.
    BidX1 and Auctioneera have plenty of disclaimers on their ads. I've driven to auctioned properties and the pictures can be years out of date, or say 3 houses in the same estate all use the same pictures of the best looking house.

Not saying there's no recourse, but an unofficial bedroom is better than knotweed, subsidence, rising damp, or a tenant who REALLY doesn't want to leave.

that part in bold isn't correct. there is a legal pack available to bidders and the solicitors for the auction house will answer any questions your solicitor has for them. anybody who bids at auction and hasn't asked their solicitor go through the legal pack is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

that part in bold isn't correct. there is a legal pack available to bidders and the solicitors for the auction house will answer any questions your solicitor has for them. anybody who bids at auction and hasn't asked their solicitor go through the legal pack is an idiot.

I bought an apartment in 2015 at auction , my solicitor looked over the pack but i remember Allsop not replying to any enquires with any answer bar " please see legal documents uploaded on site "

I bought it as he was content enough for the most part and no problems arose down the line.

Im concluding my role in this thread now , the tone has turned nasty and with no purpose other than that , thanks to all the contributors

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    They would have to be mad.

A person doesn't have to be mad to be made a ward of court, just unable to manage their affairs. Anyone who bids at an auction without a survey or a solicitor can't be let out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

A person doesn't have to be mad to be made a ward of court, just unable to manage their affairs. Anyone who bids at an auction without a survey or a solicitor can't be let out.

Indeed. ‘Mad’ was referring to the poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    For safety reasons, a conversion to a bedroom in the attic must be certfied

Do you doubt this?

That wasn't the issue at hand. Your issue is with the advertising legality and nothing else. And you don't seem to be able to find anything to support your basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Caranica wrote: »
    A converted attic can be designated a bedroom if certain standards are met, ceiling height, fire door, permanent stairs etc. It's unclear if this is the case here or not
    bernardand wrote: »
    A converted attic can be designated a bedroom if certain standards are met, ceiling height, fire door, permanent stairs etc. It's unclear if this is the case here or not

more weirdness

Advertisement