Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another mass shooting in the USA - 10 killed

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I referenced this topic in my post at the weekend along with suggestions from Biden than action was needed and someone responded here that it was naked fear mongering from Biden.

https://twitter.com/GovBillLee/status/1380230482269442052

Irrespective of the shooter, the motive, the weapon, fcuk anyone who is watching all this happening and thinks more guns/less control is a path to a safer society.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Ten people killed

One person killed in US shooting.
    according to Sky News.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Ten people killed

One person killed in US shooting.
    according to Sky News.
    This thread is from a few weeks ago,

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1381725539346612227

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

If only the good guy had a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Saw a summation of life in America yesterday when someone said they were watching the trial of a police officer for having killed someone (Chauvin/Floyd) when it was interrupted for an update on the killing of someone by another police officer (Minnesota/Wright) when that story was interrupted with the breaking news of a school shooting in Tennessee which was confused with another shooting happening at the same time in Tennessee.

Ignoring the fact that news stations have a fascination with graphic stories, that this is a not surprising occurrence should be viewed as very problematic as to what it says about the state of a nation. The Tennessee story will probably disappear from the news reels today because of the low body count, but anyone who thinks a focus should be on improving the mental health of the nation before acting to restrict access to and use of guns should consider the mental health damage done to all the people associated with the above incidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Naked fear mongering from Biden

Because there's nothing to worry about right? No multiple mass shootings in a day? Oh yes. Very naked indeed.

(what the **** are you talking about)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Eight people reported dead in a shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

FedEx, huh?
    A reminder of the origin of the phrase "going postal".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Eight people reported dead in a shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis

Awful news that is becoming scarily more regular.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

The gunman shot himself, this proves that guns are the solution to mass shootings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

In a location which is 90% white. But go on.

What history is there of anti-white sentiment? I haven't seen evidence of this, can you link please.

Facebook hid his social media posts (which to be fair isnt unusual). But from early reports he repeatedly posted about 'Islamophobia' and 'racism' both of which are anti-white tropes. And we know he has a history of unprovoked violence which he excused as a result of (wholly unproven/imagined) racist abuse.

And this guy goes to a store in a major US city and shoots dead 10 white people. No non-white targets were harmed. Total coincidence?

This guy may be less than mentally sound. But he is being fed a ready made list of targets for his rage/paranoia by mainstream narratives about white privilege/racism and other anti white libels/hoaxes in the US. We can forget this attack occurred in the aftermath of another mass media hoax about a 'white supremacist terrorist' who killed two white people.
    This is on the wikipedia page about the attack.

I wouldn't disagree with anything in that quoted section. The guy was clearly not an ISIS candidate. And holding anti-white views is not considered 'radical' in the US discourse. But that says more about the state of US discourse.

That is why I find the whole fixation on gun control wholly irrelevant to this attack. White people suffer regular atrocities in the US at the hands of non-whites - even since I last posted a black man slaughtered a white doctor, his wife, and two grandchildren (9 and 5) as well as a handyman working at the property in an attack which everyone pretends is inexplicable. Whatever personal grudge this man had against the doctor, the level of hatred and sadism necessary to execute a 5 year old and 9 year old isnt justified. A grown man - particularly an NFL athlete - doesn't need a weapon to kill children, their grandfather or their grandmother. Gun control doesn't save those children.

We might as well be trying to solve the truck attacks in France and Germany a few years back by reducing the number of HGV licences that are issued. The sadistic and hateful attacks on white people - particularly white children and elderly - isn't a gun control issue.
    GreeBo wrote: »
    He moved to the US when he was 11.

No he was younger than 11. But either way he was still a Syrian immigrant with a chip on his shoulder about white people which was fed and reinforced by mainstream narratives in the US.

Advertisement