Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

I’d have to double check the paperwork but I’m 99% certain the service pack I got for the i4 was €350.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭carsfan2

It’s not at all unusual for car sales staff to know less than the customer I have found.

the c300e is up on the Mercedes website at about 68k before options so a fair bit more than a BMW 330e.

Did the BMW dealer say anything about i4 availability?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Yeah lot more than the 330e, touching 80k when you add few options.

It does have double the electric range of the 330e though. It’s interior is far more luxurious in my opinion. Based on reviews not quite as fun to drive though.

No availability of I4s for this year according to dealer, said I could pay a fully refundable deposit of 1k and would be on waitlist…if they got more quotas for year then might get one of if somebody cancelled.

As people said earlier too, not a penny off list price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭digiman

I managed to get an approx 2k discount when ordering in October, but now I feel like I'm getting dicked around a bit. I asked for an update on the ETA several times and eventually was told in early Dec it would be 2023 when it comes in due to the low quota. That's something I had expected anyway, but I also asked to change the colour at the same time and the dealer is telling me now that will push the order out further to mid to late 2023. Like what the actual f##k?

Despite repeated requests via email as to why that would be I'm not getting any straight answers. I've ordered a couple of BMWs in the past and never had that issue, I could change things up to I was given a build week from what I recall. Anyway getting pissed off by the slow response and bad experience that I think I need to escalate. It's the usual great experience right up until you give a deposit and then it all goes cold.

Which dealer did you order from do you mind me asking? Not sure if allowed say it here, pm me if not please.

• Advertisement

Maybe they are hoping you will cancel it and they can give your slot to someone else for full price now seen as stock low and demand highish!

Was that for service pack for the inclusive service where they will cover everything over 4 years that’s required as per service intervals? Excluding consumables like tyres, brakes, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I understand your frustration here. Waiting is one thing, but waiting without solid information is totally different. It seems that BMW themselves have taken orders for a lot of cars and dont know when they will get produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭digiman

At this stage it just feels like they want me to cancel so they can give the slot to someone else for full price. I forgot to mention that we also agreed as part of the deal to throw in a Mondello voucher and now they are saying they won’t give that until they handover the car. Wouldn’t have any big complaint if that car was coming in a couple of months but when it’s due in 2023 it feels extremely petty by them.

that’s some major BS from your dealership. You can adjust the order as much as you like until it gets to status 112 (scheduled for production) and will still have your place in the queue, it doesn’t push you to the back of the queue. I’ve adjusted my spec on three separate occasions since I ordered, still scheduled for March delivery

• Advertisement

You may be right. If I had limited product to sell I would want to sell it all for maximium profit but they should be honest and come back to you and have an honest discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not very nice from them, in my book a deal is a deal. A man's word is a man's bond. But in your case, I'd just bite my lips and go ahead. You won't be getting any discount again any time soon. In fact if you collected your new EV today, you could sell most of them privately tomorrow for more than what you paid for it

Does anyone know if there is any I4 in the country that can be viewed in person and/or sat into?

There was a pre-production model at the iX launch in Kildare back in Nov/Dec. There are no demo models as far as I know, unless you go up North. Seems to be a good few knocking around the UK so not sure why BMW Ireland haven’t been given one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭sk8board

€1200 for 4 years servicing is simply not correct, he wasn’t even taking excessive commission on it, they’re all set pricing as you saw online.

most bmw were €500 for 5 years - mine just recently ended, but I managed to get the major service done just before 5 years so I’m good for another 18 months. The car will be 6.5yrs old before I’ve to spend on a service (bar the €500). It’s had 4 tyres in that time, nothing more.

So there’s not a chance the i4 is €300/yr for its first 4 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

BMW service plans for ICE for that money are a no brainer. I remember the service plan for a BMW M5 V10 5l petrol being just about a grand per year and you could keep renewing it under certain conditions. A bargain for a car of that calibre that was already years out of normal warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,870 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

is it a new package that includes a set of tyres? Audi did one on the etron 1k for 3 years but included tyres.

I’ll query it Further with them if/when I decide to place an order and update this thread.

Also included tyre insurance of €480 which at €120 a tyre is excessive, will definitely be dropping that.

Especially considering Audi offer that on newly fitted tyres as standard for only a small fee above tyre price. I’ve replaced 4 tyres on the A6 with Bridgestone Turanzzas with them for roughly €40 (fitting and insurance) above retail price per tyre

Assume the i4 has similar 19” run flats as I have on my 4gc, they’ll be €350/corner for good brands, and I shopped around the independents too.

i still wouldn’t be getting it as part of a 3 year service unless you’re doing big mileage

Quoted €230 - €270 a corner for the Bridgestone Turanza T005 19” 245/45 non run flats on my Audi.

Guessing going for the run flats increases the price a little further again in your GC and hence for the I4?

• Advertisement

Exactly the reason, yep.

I’ve paid €325 for good quality 18”s on a 5 series about 8-10 years ago, so it’s not unusual unfortunately

Does anyone know which exact 19” tyre the i40 eDrive comes with as standard or can you pick from a range?

not usually a choice of tyre in my experience. My last few had good Bridgestones. Runflats have a habit of feeling like they’re made of wood, but I’ve found the recent Bridgestones to be much better

So we bit the bullet and ordered the I4 with this spec!

I would probably have slightly preferred the tanzanite blue but also love the davit grey. Herself wanted the davit grey and I was more than happy to concede that considering she stayed away from suvs! 😂

I gave up the E400d Coupe dream and went the sensible route while still getting an amazing car!

Looking at March/April delivery this year. Went to a different bmw dealer and they have 3 slots left for the year after mine!

Post edited by rodge123 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭v10

Congrats, now the wait begins. Only thing I would change is the interior....black interior without sunroof can be a bit oppressive. Maybe a light interior or a sunroof and loose the privacy glass let some light in.

Thanks. Yeah considered it but happy with the dark interior, the A6 is all dark with no sunroof and we love it.

Also, adding a sunroof reduces headspace by about half an inch. Not the highest in back of car so could do with having that extra half inch I reckon!

Yep, every add on you can have added to it! Couldn’t help ourselves, was something in every pack we wanted…probably because the demo model A6 we brought in from UK few years ago was fairly well speced and has us spoiled!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Beautiful spec car.

did you consider the m50 when you’re spending that much ?

• Advertisement

Not really, preference was for the much better range of the 40 rather than more power. The 40 is faster than most ice cars on the road! Having the awd would be nice alright, but again value the much better range rather than insane acceleration with awd.

There were no M50s available in either dealer for the year even if wanted one also.

Advertisement