Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

the new layout is an improvement - its easier/quicker to call your vehicle after it has been blown up ..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Snow is back so I will be using my Caracara 4×4 a lot more.

'Where im going, we dont need roads........" 😁

Scramjet !

one way to deal with the cnuts on Oppressors ! 🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement

The big Christmas Tree in downtown Los Santos:

And me standing at the end of it:

Do any of you like the snow? I do especially when I'm away from downtown LS and spend time out in Paleto Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Easier to just use an explosive resistant armoured (bullet proof is different) vehicles or one with armour and missile jammer.

The Custom insurgent / Nightshark can take 26 homing missiles, then a few others can take over 20 so that's more than Oppressor has.

The Imani tech vehicles with the heavy armour can take 11 but it also has the option for the homing jammer, so nothing is going to hit. So anyome flying over in a bike or jet won't get a lock on as you're driving down the road.

The custom trucks can take 66 missiles.

Oppressors are pretty much jet bait now, they're very handy for getting around but you're not getting far against players.

Im making a lot of cash following the Xmas truck around the map...

200,000 easy money !!

• Advertisement

With all the new animals in the game they added the photo challenge from single player or a version of it.

You can get 100-200k per day getting pictures of 3 different animals they tell you to get ( i think the 200k is a weekly bonus as I've seen 100k mentioned elsewhere)

If you get 10 over the course of a few days you get the discount on the park ranger suv which you can pain all black and keep the police lights.

If you compete a single day you get the zoophilist outfit. If you do it today it's a Crow, a pug, and a Cat.

I was flying around the city looking for a cat and a pug with thermal googles on to see them easier from the air.

Really noticing the animals, the farms are full of cows and country side full of deer and coyotes.

Makes the game so much less empty.

There's even allies full of rats, and all the birds flying.

The D10 is such a lovely car.

I didnt notice any , until i was stood in a garden, and i saw butterflies......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Just hopped onto gta online again recently. Hadn't played it since the ps3 days.

Completely different game now. Bit of a nightmare trying to grind through the early heists relying on randoms to join for the 4 player jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

If you need help out with some Cayo runs to build up a few quid I'm sure we could help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Nice. Just have to get the sub now.

Ì wonder have we ever blown the sh1t outta each other online ??

😂 😂 😀

The Sultan RS Classic went on sale, so I had to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So folks. I've played through GTA IV twice now but never have played it online. Is it too late to get into it? Worth trying? Is it easy to follow what's happening or is there a steep learning curve?

• Advertisement

There's a newish starting setup to the game. It asks questions but you can still just choose at the end.

Before you'd arrive off plane with nothing, then do a race, and have to do random stuff for a while before having money to buy anything to make any bigger money.

Now the start up gives you 4m in the character creation that's to be spent in the creator to buy some starting stuff. You might have to buy one of each section but I can't remember.

I did it for a second character not too long ago, I'd try to buy a bunker, apartment, and you can probably do without any cars and just steal a low end one but I think it makes you steal it.

Getting a bunker and the upgrades for it to start up will be a big help to get anywhere else.

I don't know if the weekly discounts apply to this starting setup, but there's nothing on sale this week that matters anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'd skip the bunker and go straight for a Salvage Yard and tow truck if possible. Easy to make a bunch of passive money even when offline.

Would he not be better off to buy the Kasatka submarine so that he can run the Cayo Perico heist and earn some easy fast cash?

Or is that not an option?

Neither is an option for the 4m start.

You've got Executive, Gunrunner, Nightclub, and biker.

Forgot to mention it's not on old gen or PC.

Right, I suppose whatever the next best option is best until he can get enough cash together to grab one so.

I haven't played online in ages myself. I'm pretty sure I have a decent enough Cayo ready to go there.

If I get online this weekend I'll happily give the two lads the lion's share of the dosh. I'm pretty sure I've enough secondary loot there for three bags.

Cayo got a decent update in the last year, guards notice bodies now so it's a bit harder overall to get by unnoticed.

There's maps on what guards can be killed safely.

Anyone up for some drag races sometime on PS5? Once we finish the races, we can party on my super-yacht.

I bought the Salvage yard....

And the tow truck . Decimated my cash , but the car jobs are fairly lucrative , so wont be long getting the money back.....

I had a right disaster delivering counterfeit cash by helicopter. On my very last drop, I pushed the triangle button instead of the right button.

As a result of that, I exited the helicopter and it crashed and exploded. Mission over.

#notmyfinestmoment

• Advertisement

Did you survive the fall?!

Advertisement