Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Online

  • 17-03-2021 9:52am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭


    Been absolutely ages since I played this, immense craic a couple of years back with the Boards crew. I saw a random guy managed to reduce loading times and Rockstar gave him 10k and using the fix in their next patch, pretty cool.

    Made me gave another look and realised i still haven't done the doomsday, casino or perico heists. Also don't own any businesses. I'm gonna give it another go but kinda overwhelmed by the amount of stuff.

    Anyone have recommendations on what to do first? I have a few mil, wish i had been logging in every month for the free money now.

    A lot of my playtime was logging in and just joking the names of whacky races or just random laughs with the crew so i never managed to make progress like buying businesses or making much money.

    The original heists were epic though, some of the best multiplayer I've ever played.


«13456734

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik


    Buy the kosatka sub, and under the upgrade options for that buy the sparrow helicopter for it.

    The kosatka allows you to do the new heist which can be done fully in 1-1:30 hours and get's ~1.5m or there abouts. The heist can be done solo easily so no sharing the loot, and you can get enough money easily for everything else. you can also do the prep for the heist in a private lobby.

    You make so much money off the perico heists that it's makes everything else pointless for money, after that just buy whatever business is on sale.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Awesome thanks man! That's my next line of business so!


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199


    This is what I do mostly in GTA Online now: I drive from my Del Perro apartment to the casino, spin the wheel and drive back to my Del Perro apartment.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay


    I got sick and tired of trying to do heists with Randos and then after a year's break, I find out I was too poor to afford to compete with the lads in their jetbikes and all the rest :D

    Would love to get back into it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin


    Shiminay wrote: »
    I got sick and tired of trying to do heists with Randos and then after a year's break, I find out I was too poor to afford to compete with the lads in their jetbikes and all the rest :D

    Would love to get back into it.

    If on playstation and have psplus, you can get 1 million dollars every month.
    Also if you have Amazon Prime, you get Prime Gaming too where you can get $200,000 every week you log into GTA Online and if you log in for 4 consecutive weeks, you get another $200K.
    I have around 14 mil from doing this for the last year :D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Messed about today on a solo server to get my bearings again. So many phone calls and texts for different businesses and heists. When to buy a new car and see some of the one's that look regular enough like the maibatsu is 1 mil plus. I have 5 mil so gonna buy the sub and check out that heist like recommended. Then i have the doomsday and casino heist, biker club, bunker, facility, nightclub and couple of others to check out. if anyone fancies a heist some night, gimme a shout.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay


    Well frak, I have Amazon Prime, I didn't realise that. OK, time to reinstall maybe :) I'm playing on PC if anyone's in a similar situation.

    [edit]
    547467.png


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Bought the sub, headed to the island and was actually pretty cool. I forgot i read Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine was in it, great graphics on them as well. Scoped out the island at minimum, need to look around and scope out the rest for interesting info.

    I had to become a vip, ceo or own an mc to start the heist. Ceo and mc needed buildings purchased but i was able to register as vip for free. I'll have to Google or but what's the point of being a vip other than summoning vehicles and bodyguards? Is it usually free to become vip?


  • Site Banned Posts: 18 Trump Derangement Syndrome


    I could never warm to gta online or understand its popularity.
    Its a ps3 game and rockstar have some neck not making a gta in nearly a decade.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin


    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Bought the sub, headed to the island and was actually pretty cool. I forgot i read Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine was in it, great graphics on them as well. Scoped out the island at minimum, need to look around and scope out the rest for interesting info.

    I had to become a vip, ceo or own an mc to start the heist. Ceo and mc needed buildings purchased but i was able to register as vip for free. I'll have to Google or but what's the point of being a vip other than summoning vehicles and bodyguards? Is it usually free to become vip?

    Yeah I had bought the Premium edition a while back when it was on sale. it comes with The Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack which gives you the necessary buildings to be a vip, ceo or MC. Still have no idea what half of them do
    here is link explaining VIP https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/9k12488382ok29/game-tips-becoming-a-successful-vip-and-bodyguard


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Yeah I had bought the Premium edition a while back when it was on sale. it comes with The Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack which gives you the necessary buildings to be a vip, ceo or MC. Still have no idea what half of them do
    here is link explaining VIP https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/9k12488382ok29/game-tips-becoming-a-successful-vip-and-bodyguard

    Sound, you just have to have 1 mil and you can become a vip for free and then can spend money on bodyguards, etc if you like. FeckArse Inc. all set up now anyway. The MC sounds interesting and cheap enough for a clubhouse but yeah, wish i did these things as they came out, would be less confusing.

    For the island heist, if i replay it, do i have to do all the scoping out again? Bit of a pain if you do.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay


    Don't do the MC - it's a dead loss. Doesn't make a lot of money at all. CEO delivering cars and/or airfreight (when you own a hanger) seem to be pretty good - weapons, if you own one of the underground bunkers, seem to work quite well too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik


    New heist rendered most of the other businesses pointless for money even on 2x pay-outs the other activities don't beat it.

    The car and crate warehouse, and the airfreight especially so. Airfreight was only really useful for the discounts and during a 2x pay-out but now it's completely pointless. Hangar is only useful for personal aircraft now.

    The bunker, MC business, and Nightclub at least can be ticking along in the background so in-between heists they can be done if someone has the upgrades and buys supplies. Nightclub will tick along to 1m or there about but you need to own a number of the other business for it to work to the max.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sound, you just have to have 1 mil and you can become a vip for free and then can spend money on bodyguards, etc if you like. FeckArse Inc. all set up now anyway. The MC sounds interesting and cheap enough for a clubhouse but yeah, wish i did these things as they came out, would be less confusing.

    For the island heist, if i replay it, do i have to do all the scoping out again? Bit of a pain if you do.

    Handiest thing to do to find out what's what is focus on whatever has the bonuses and discounts that week, this week being an exception as it's Arena war and that's probably the last thing a new player should be dipping their toe into. New bonuses and discounts pop up on Thursday.

    You don't spend money on bodyguards, they're just other players that join you temp clan/team and get money every couple of minutes based on how long you the ceo is alive. The MC president can hire people too, and they get a pay-out based on whatever business you complete but it's not out of your cut so it's just free money for them.

    after the first island heist you don't have to do the party stuff, you steal a plane and fly there.
    You've just to get to the large tower and hack it to see the main objective you can then just get caught and go back to the plane, there some other stuff you can do like poison the water but you don't really need to do anything else. Most people won't even bother to scope out secondary targets and just grab what they can on their way out at the nearest dock. You should google the sewer entrance as that gives another option that helps and means you don't need to find a bolt cutter.

    Buying the sparrow helicopter (not the sea sparrow) in the sub upgrade options makes doing the prep missions so much easier as you've not got to boat or swim or mess around getting out of the sub to go do the mission. You can just get in the sparrow and teleport to the air and then when flying back you get a prompt to enter the sub while flying over it in the sparrow. The last benefit is that if you got to the services menu and select the sub (kosatka) then you can spawn the sparrow or dismiss it and when you spawn it it appears right next to you unlike spawning most everything else.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Aw goddamn it. I had to finish up my game a while ago when it let me roam around to find more points of interest. Switched to single player to attempt a safe and quit out. Loaded it back up there and I'm in LS. Had to summon the submarine and start the mission again. Go to sub, go to airport and head to Island, can't skip the cutscenes and have to do all that Bollox stealthing around again, fair annoying. At least i bought the sparrow as suggested and it did make it faster getting around, well handy although I'm down to 1.1 mil so was only able to register as VIP, can't spend anymore til i complete this heist.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik


    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Aw goddamn it. I had to finish up my game a while ago when it let me roam around to find more points of interest. Switched to single player to attempt a safe and quit out. Loaded it back up there and I'm in LS. Had to summon the submarine and start the mission again. Go to sub, go to airport and head to Island, can't skip the cutscenes and have to do all that Bollox stealthing around again, fair annoying. At least i bought the sparrow as suggested and it did make it faster getting around, well handy although I'm down to 1.1 mil so was only able to register as VIP, can't spend anymore til i complete this heist.

    Ye you have to leave the island for that mission to complete, for any additional playthroughs at least you don't have to do the party stuff and it's quicker getting in and out.

    If you're doing it again look up on youtube for the sewer scope out, you'd only need to do that once and it's unlocked for the rest. Give an additional option for prep that you can do instead of one of the others and means you don't need to do the explosives or the find a bolt cutter.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man


    Shiminay wrote: »
    Don't do the MC - it's a dead loss. Doesn't make a lot of money at all. CEO delivering cars and/or airfreight (when you own a hanger) seem to be pretty good - weapons, if you own one of the underground bunkers, seem to work quite well too.

    I will say, once you have enough money to buy them all plus a fully upgraded nightclub, they're worth their weight in gold.

    The MC businesses passively fill the nightclubs inventory while you play (or sit in front of the tv if you're not arsed to play). A full nightclub inventory sells for about £1.7 million.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Found the sewer entrance, thanks would have never found that on my own! Found the points of interest and handful of secondary targets. Back to LS, first prep mission was for the sonar jammer and for wrecked. Managed to get the jammer out of the sub but constant choppers and attack boats against me on a jetski and i would just get killed over and over. That continued until my time ran out. Guess i need to be better equipped next time or have some buddies join in. There was me thinking it would be handy enough.

    Edit: also having to register as VIP every time to use the heist planning board is a balls. I take it off i but an MC club, I'm permanently an mc pres unless i choyse not to be?


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik


    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Found the sewer entrance, thanks would have never found that on my own! Found the points of interest and handful of secondary targets. Back to LS, first prep mission was for the sonar jammer and for wrecked. Managed to get the jammer out of the sub but constant choppers and attack boats against me on a jetski and i would just get killed over and over. That continued until my time ran out. Guess i need to be better equipped next time or have some buddies join in. There was me thinking it would be handy enough.

    Those helicopters spawn continuously. That mission can go fine or you can get ganked by shotguns in the sub and then those helicopters doing the same.

    If doing it alone the handiest is to despawn the sub and fly there, and then respawn the sub and move it closer to the objective. If you submerge the sub, then you could swim out of your sub go to the objective and then swim back under water.

    The sub comes with a wetsuit, and wetsuits let you stay under indefinitely. Put the wetsuit on and then go to a wardrobe and save it as an outfit so you can choose it through the menu at any time under style.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Ah sweet thanks, will try that tomorrow.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik


    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Edit: also having to register as VIP every time to use the heist planning board is a balls. I take it off i but an MC club, I'm permanently an mc pres unless i choyse not to be?

    CEO and VIP are mostly the same, there's coutdown and timer limits on VIP and for VIP you need to have 50k in bank it doesn't cost that you just need to have the cash (used to be 1m)

    CEO and MC you've to turn it on the same as VIP but the name is set so you've not to pick a name each time so it's like 2 button presses to turn it on.

    CEO/VIP can only have a 4 people including the player in them, and the other players only make money per x minutes they don't get a share. Their payment rate goes up the longer the CEO/VIP lives. So just messing around or doing stuff without a payout then CEO/VIP is better.

    MC is up to 8, and the player can set each person as a set rank (not persistent) to get different abilities. The MC also give players a % of the sell mission (you don't make less) so for most things if you're selling and you've a choice then MC is better.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay


    Glico Man wrote: »
    I will say, once you have enough money to buy them all plus a fully upgraded nightclub, they're worth their weight in gold.

    The MC businesses passively fill the nightclubs inventory while you play (or sit in front of the tv if you're not arsed to play). A full nightclub inventory sells for about million.

    Ah, well I didn't know that, thank you. Might as well top the weed farm and document forging shops up so! :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik


    Shiminay wrote: »
    Ah, well I didn't know that, thank you. Might as well top the weed farm and document forging shops up so! :D

    When upgraded fully you buy supplies and can sell them for enough that doing the stealing source missions isn't worth it.

    Weed and documents forgery are last place for the rest of the MC business. When there's a 2x bonuses then weed is alright but document forgery is always a waste. The cocaine, meth, and counterfeit cash you can buy 1 load of supplies and that will at most be 2 selling vehicles which a solo player can do easily and there's no benefit from loading it up more. The supplies cost the same but the return is different.

    Weed has a lower return, and documents have a lower return and 1 load of supplies will usually fill the stock so you can have 4 selling vehicles.

    When you own a business you can hire workers in the nightclub to a max of 5, but they fill the stores at different rates so when the fastest 2 fill theirs I swap them over to weed and documents.

    For the MC business.
    Coke > Meth > counterfeit cash > weed > documents


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man


    Shiminay wrote: »
    Ah, well I didn't know that, thank you. Might as well top the weed farm and document forging shops up so! :D

    You don't actually need to have any stock in the MC businesses for the nightclub to be making money, they just need to be set-up. That's what makes having a fully upgraded nightclub so good! Aside from how long it takes, but then again, most of Online is a grind.

    MC businesses are fine for when there's double money available for sales, but otherwise they aren't worth touching aside from helping you make money via the nightclub.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    So i tried the sonar mission again tonight, absolute pain in the balls!. As soon as i left my sub, a dope in a jet was firing missiles at me and i couldn't go into passive because of the mission i was on. I have no weapons on my sparrow and not spending the money to compete with these guys anyway. Eventually made it to the enemy sub and your man ****ed off cuz he couldn't hit me in the water. Made it down to the sub and got wrecked a few times by surprise shotguns around corners. Made it out, had my sub close by and swam. All grand until i got to my sub and killed as soon as i went near. Started me on the beach with a 5 min timer. Rinse and repeat of me not getting killed as soon as i collected the sonar each time. One of the worst gta missions ever. Do i really need to do this for the sewer entrance of the heist?

    I went and did the other prep, only one missing is approach vehicle. Also disruptions, are they worth doing? I just want to crack on at this point but don't want to be stuck on that Island at the same time. Is it 3 lives and heist is over?

    Edit: just remembered prep missions work in invite only sessions, must remember that in future!

    Edit 2: i forgot you can actually pilot your sub and read you can park or right next to enemy sub and go from one to another without ever going to the surface. Will try that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik


    Maybe it's just that I've done it so many times but while you can get repeatedly killed I mostly just fly through it at this point, the way the game works for when NPC shoot at you and when you can shoot means you can play with the corners to shoot around them. At this point the only annoying part for me in that mission is the sonar blocker that you're looking for spawns in a random place in the sub. Always have a lot of food, you can get to that from your inventory and top up your health. In your submarine there's a canteen and at the counter top you can fill up on max everything for free. Picture, it's the bit with the ecola, cigarettes, and coffee

    The Sonar is a single mission for the sewer, the aircraft approaches are 2 missions each, and I think the boats are 1 mission each.

    The fact you unlocked the sewer means you can get the torch so you don't need to do the explosive prep mission mission and you don't need to find a bolt cutter on the island. So you only need to do 3 of the 4 equipment objectives, Cutting Torch, Fingerprint cloner, and then the last bit is based on the objective either codes or plasma cutter. If you decide to do another approach mission then the torch is still the best choice over the explosives so do that regardless of approach ( required for the sub, optimal for everything else).

    The sewer entrance is much quicker in the actual heists as it means you can skip sneaking into his compound compared to landing on the island somewhere and either having to shoot your way in or find a disguise and additional door codes or a grappling hook. So most people just go with the sewer, you do get discounts for completing the heists with the other approach vehicles but you've only to do that once.

    You can do all the prep stuff in a private lobby, only limit is that business stuff won't tick over while doing that. You can create a private lobby by starting it from single players first. options to get the below and then select private or invite only or one of those. You can also glitch a solo public lobby to do business stuff as well and the method differs based on platform. PlayStation you change your consoles MTU setting to 700-800.

    a099d-16066274131575-800.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Yeah i saw that demolitions were no longer mandatory when i got the cutter so all good there. Nice tip about the sub canteen! Wreckon I'll do the sonar jammer and then start the heist going in by sewer, what could go wrong :D

    One day i might even be able to comfortably afford a Maibatsu fast and furious car :) Also the Vigilante happens to be based after my favourite batmobile so that would be nice as well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik


    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah i saw that demolitions were no longer mandatory when i got the cutter so all good there. Nice tip about the sub canteen! Wreckon I'll do the sonar jammer and then start the heist going in by sewer, what could go wrong :D

    You get eaten by a panther.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    One day i might even be able to comfortably afford a Maibatsu fast and furious car :) Also the Vigilante happens to be based after my favourite batmobile so that would be nice as well.

    The Vigilante is one of the weaponised vehicles that you can use in missions and heist. It's not armoured really so anything more than normal bullets will blow it up or kill you. It's never been on sale so buy it whenever as there's no point waiting for a sale.

    Not sure if you might already have it but the Armoured Kuruma is fully bulletproof and there's also a few others that are very explosive proof. Depending on sales the Nightshark or the Menacer, and if you do all the bunker research then also the Insurgent custom.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    I love my armoured Karuma, looks class but mostly because that whole heist was so much fun.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay


    I've been doing the prep missions on board the sub, I successfully stole the high-altitude stealth plane, but it doesn't seem to have saved. Also managed to get the boat from police custody (after more than one or two deaths :D ).

    I was doing the "support" ones I think - trying to reduce armour, weapons and so on. I missed one of the 3 objectives on the weapons one - is that permanent? There was a dude with the ballistic armour when I was already out of grenades and I wasn't able to finish him in time.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik


    Shiminay wrote: »
    I've been doing the prep missions on board the sub, I successfully stole the high-altitude stealth plane, but it doesn't seem to have saved. Also managed to get the boat from police custody (after more than one or two deaths :D ).

    The aircraft approaches have 2 steps, an aircraft and a pilot. So you'd need to click on the plane again to get the second step mission.
    Shiminay wrote: »
    I was doing the "support" ones I think - trying to reduce armour, weapons and so on. I missed one of the 3 objectives on the weapons one - is that permanent? There was a dude with the ballistic armour when I was already out of grenades and I wasn't able to finish him in time.

    It's permanent, no redoes. There's a few casino heist preps like that too if you try that eventually, the casino doesn't pay out as much but it's a very fun heist with a lot of options.

    I don't bother doing the weapon one anymore, and I only do the helicopter prep as it takes me 3 minutes as I've got the missiles on the sparrow so I start off running on that one.

    The Armour mission is only for body shots so especially if stealth you're going for headshots anyway. Only time armour can **** you is if solo and trying to kill 2 guards at the same time, you headshot one and have to lay into the other.

    A lot of people don't bother doing any of those as they'll stealth the whole thing and not get seen shot or miss a headshot.

    The only prep thing I actually do is to poison the water, which is something you have to do on the island in the scope out (you can go back). A box of cocaine cutting stuff spawns in 1 of 3 places and then you dunk it in the water tower. This makes the guards slower to react. I've my route down so I hit 2 of the places on the way to the radio tower and if it's not in either of those I go to the 3rd then the tower and parachute to the water tower.


Advertisement