Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PS3 and 360 returning players used to get some free stuff but now everyone gets them to sort a glitch that prevented some returning players from getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Got $250k lodged into my account today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Handily enough Rockstar have accidentally made the bog standard Kuruma completely bullet proof. So, if you need a quick enough car to get through standard missions, pick it up. Its (currently) better than the armoured version as you can throw stickies out of it, and can't get shot out at all.

Cheap enough too.

^ I picked up the Karuma just a few days ago, resprayed it to a shade of matte blue and gave it new footwear. Easily my sportiest four door saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Picked it up for 90 grand, didn't a bomb customising it :( P.S get bullet proof tires as they were the first thing to fail my test but other than that, yeah bullets seem to go right through it oddly enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just be aware that while it is completely bullet proof to both NPCs and other players, one rocket/sticky is enough to end you. So perhaps only use it when you're 'alone'.

From what I've heard, it should be broken like that until the next big patch (December most likely) as apparently it isn't a quick fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have to win 5 sprint races to get the prize car this week. A little harder than last weeks..

Ah Jaysus, the Werrener truck is this week's prize car, worst of the lot. I wouldn't mind having it in my garage but no way would I put money into it. Anyway, you have to win 5 sprint races to get it. Probably easiest to grind with a fwend. Looks like the new Mustang is the new test car this week which means it will be on sale next week, definitely interested in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Why are sprint races always greyed out for me.

• Advertisement

Are there definitely people in the car meet with you?

$1m monthly bonus for PS+ subscribers should be available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

is it that they are giving that away every month until the PS5 version launches?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Anyone else feeling the tuners dlc is dead already? I've gone through countless amounts of lobbies and the car meet only has maybe or two other players there with nobody wanting to race. Even the races are full of griefers driving the wrong way etc and the rep system is awful a bit like arena wars. I seen that you'd have to do over 9000 races to get to level 1000 just is absolute madness

I liked the dlc as a whole, didn't feel like the 5 mil i spent was a waste but yeah, the rep system is ridiculous. The dlc isn't deep enough to hit the high levels while still enjoying it. This one new car a week isn't great either. I had no interest in the Comet and then i saw its lap times online and it can't compete with existing tuners. Also the fact the worst car is the prize this week means i won't be online until next weekly update. I still have to do the auto shop contracts though but between the annoying npc's and low payout, I'm not in any rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The contracts and the whole customers cars thing doesn't give you rp? I bought a couple of the cars, they look cool and have cool mods but they could have just added them into the game without the dlc I think it would be the exact same. Only came back to gta recently but can see myself leaving it again till the enhanced version is out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

This DLC certainly isn't one for a player to make decent money on, but that's actually okay. There are a lot of decent money makers in the game now, plus the Cayo Heist which is a goldmine. The Annis Euros, while uncompetitive, was one that was wanted by the GTA Community ever since the arrival of it's Arena War equivalent in that update. It's a decent update if you've already got like 10s/100s of millions a splash about though. The rep system is slow aright and has a lot of levels to go before you unlock everything, but I think the idea behind it is to keep one playing until the official PS5 release in November. 🙂

This is the current table going around for gaining rep points :

(First time attaching a picture in this new site so I've no idea how it's going to turn out!) 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

The sprint is really fun.

• Advertisement

Another crappy weekly update but better than nothing. Best news is the RX7 is the prize car this week. Place top 4 in 5 Persuit Races. Well definitely be going for that.

Played this for a short bit on my XB1 (probably didn't touch it in about a year) and while I have a lot of vehicles in it, they are nowhere as nice as the ones I have on the Playstation.

I am going to sell a lot of vehicles on my XB1 and will keep the best ones and buy a few super cars.

Jesus, just had 3 pursuit races. 5th in one and last in the other 2. Granted, i was in 2nd in one and on the last checkpoint when a guy knocked me off the road.

Weird though, i always placed in these races but every car is a Calico and i can't keep up in my Jester, top 3 are a minute in front of me. Think i might have to bite the bullet and buy one, at least i have trade price. Tried to sell my Renus and they offered 233k. Feck that, didn't more on parts for it.

I tend to use the jester in most tuner races, while I've got a Calico you've to really slow down in corners as it's understeer badly.

Pursuit being point to point over a large area it's far more important to be quick on the straights which the Calico excels at, assuming you don't hit something and end up on your roof for ages or in a river.

Awful lag in the races tonight as well, cops appearing right in front of me and i get stuck to them like glue, they don't move an inch when i hit them.

Feel like the cops have been buffed compared to a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if buying the Calico is worth it outt wait for a new car that might perform better.

Managed to get my arcade up and running tonight. One of my games installed is QUB3D, a favourite of mine. Always reminds me of Liberty City.

You can stick the same machine down multiple times, so instead of buying a load you could buy the 90k one and then with the one you get by default fill the arcade.

The more machines you've got the more you make, it's not great but collecting 50K every so often pays for all the fees and makes the 90k back in no time.

New autoshop contract, The Lost Contact, is available now, rip off the Lost MC, with it Adobe for the GTA IV nostalgia. Damn I'd love a remaster or even port of GTA IV.

• Advertisement

^ The Lost MC. Brothers for life, lost forever.

Advertisement