Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA Online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Got the car as well. Put a few grand into it and it's looking well. Handy feature to be fair. Will keep me coming back to the car meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, the races being fun are a bonus, going for the Dominator to be best week's car, want some muscle to add to my collection. Did a couple of new auto shop contexts last night with Dreadaxe, great craic. Like they were designed for 2 players. The invited member gets 50k for the job which isn't actually too bad for a fun job.

The 2 new contacts KDJ and Sessanta are **** awful though. Non stop shyte talking.

I'm level 22 at c the car meet, gonna try a car meet takeover tonight, see what's involved with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did a street race to get my 3 wins, but only got 1 random to join before timer ran out and it counted for me at least (1st). So the 3 wins really isn't a big deal so anyone should be able to do it. Unless it counts as a loss for smaller groups even if you're 2nd / 3rd, I've only come in 1st when doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Played in about six or seven different sessions and only about 3 people in each session using car meets, everyone was around the map doing usual random stuff kind of surprising I thought. Only bothered to buy one car so far

• Advertisement

Then it's even easier than wining the podium car. Rather than glitching the podium which can take hours, you just need to find time to do 3 5 minutes races over 3 days.

I spawn in there now and it's usually got a few in it, unless it's a very empty server. It's busier than the music locker ever was in any case.

This is mad, most players online for ANY dlc launch. Surely the first heist would have and keep that record. Great news anyway as it means the people want grounded car based updates so they don't have to keep going with crazy stuff when next gen drops.

Free 250k for all players.

The first heists would have been on PS3/360 which sold 35m on that gen, the game is up to almost 150m now with PS4/one/pc on top of that.

I think a lot of people started playing again over covid and the Diamond and Cayo helped a lot so now with this update all those were there day one to hit it running.

• Advertisement

I keep forgetting how old this game is :D

I tried the ECU job today, first 2 prep missions handy out and then the train job, Jesus that's a tough one. Only gave it one go but might reach out to see if anyone's around later to give me a hand with it. Lot of fun though, so much better than the train job they added to RDR online.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

I'm on the ECU job also. There's an option for wingman at level 30 rep in the interaction menu that helps me on the solo. I hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I robbed the Fleeca banks a good few times. Less stressful than the other jobs.

Zero, if you see my name on your phone in the game tonight, give me a shout so I can help you with the ECU job if you like.

I managed the ECU solo, didn't have any of the abilities.

The load out I picked had the C4 so used that to knock out the brakes, but with a miss or 2 I only managed with the ammo to do 3 out of the 4 that way and then spent my time chasing the train from the Sandy Shores Airfield to the PowerStation where you scope out the train trying to knock out that last brake.

The main weapon was the sniper which I thought would be great for hitting the brakes as they came near but they don't render until they're right by you so spent the time shooting uzi or something.

I was thinking the same, used stickies on the ambush point but just took out one break. Spent the rest of the time using mini smg, got the last brake off with just under 10 bullets left but the helicopters were ridiculous. Used my sniper and it looked like they had armoured windows. Shredded me before i got on the train and then shredded me when i spawned. 2 man crew would be handy, one to drive and one to shoot the brake and ideally get it to stop in the tunnel but that's gonna be tricky.

Eventually after getting the train to stop I don't think I'd an issue with the helicopters, the glass on them isn't armoured in any case.

Looked like armour and my shots through the windshield were doing nothing, must have seen it wrong.

Some lovely tuners being released in the coming weeks, just hope it's not true that it's 1 a week unless they will all be the price ride which i doubt. 3 or 4 here i really want like the Sultan RS Classic and Dominator.

Also, how the **** are Rockstar are avoiding getting sued by car manufacturers? They always blur the lines but these new ones are complete replicas of real cars. Wouldn't surprise me if they quietly paid manufactures and kept their ingame brand names.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I was wondering this too especially with some manufacturers not wanting their cars in racing games like Forza. If there's some kind of loophole you can be sure rockstar are milking it

It's the difference between copyright, trademark, and patents. They cars designed would be patented but that doesn't allow for any protection for a non physical thing.

The only thing they'd get in trouble for is putting the actual names and logos on them.

Even if someone used a real car, tank, person. It could fall into fair use if there wasn't any intrinsic value to including the real thing: no one cares if you have a real or fake AR14 in a game but they do care if it's a real car.

• Advertisement

16 car Persuit Races are some of the most fun I've had so far. The start is absolute chaos and each race consists epic moments or near misses with other drivers and cops but also getting taken out just as quick.

I reached 25 car rep and unlocked Setup ability for autoshop contacts, anyone know what that does?

I did a car meet takeover but it was ****! Basically a private car meet which is cool but no NPC's or their cars. There's 72 car spaces so the place is just dead. You would want a fairly full lobby to all agree and accept an invite or else you'd be better off just going into the public car meet together for a much better atmosphere.

If there's 72 spaces can you fill it with your own cars or is it still 1 per player so even with a fill lobby it's a bit empty.

It looks like just one of your own cars so it's strange. Having small banners up that are barely noticeable and different lights is just a poor effort unless they'll be adding more to it.

I much prefer the interior of my Auto Shop now:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Anyone here interested in running a few cayo no prep glitch back to back some evening? Preferable on PS5 as I tested it last night and it works.

Whats the glitch? Do you get to keep the money after each heist? Could get you banned if so not sure I'd take the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Host has the heist set up, gives 85% take to the other player, complete the heist, host quits out during duffel bag cutscene, other player keeps the 85% cut and the host has the heist ready again with no prep involved. Seems people have been using this glitch for years with other heists and no bans so far so seems fairly safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

GTA leaving xbox game pass if anyone was playing it on that, meant to have a 20% as games leave and people might keep an eye out for other discounts.

Advertisement