Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

When are the international lads back?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭jonok28

I thought about Perenara as well. He would fit the window that Leinster want but again, he is also under contract until 2025, so unless they said he could leave he is a no go. Someone mentioned Raffi Quirke, I like him too but he is also under contract until 2025. He would definitely be worth a shot next year if McGrath is still around next season. Leinster will probably stick with McGrath until Gunne is ready but a short term replacement like Perenara would be ideal. My dream signing was Grant Williams before he signed a long term extension with the Sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I still think McGrath will be with us next year. Gunne is a bit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

So Leinster have been given use of Croke Park and Nowlan Park for the tail end of the season as the Aviva is out of use, interesting too see how it goes. Nowlan Park game especially as apparently it's a regular urc game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement

Europa league final i believe think rds has a concert too which is why Nowlan Park is also needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭durthacht

It would be very unfair on season ticket holders to expect them to travel to Kilkenny for a regular season game as they buy the season ticket expecting games to be in Dublin, and many can't travel. It would be fine for games not part of the ST package in my opinion.

I'm surprised it was still a very close debate for the GAA thought as I thought there was well established precedent now.

Either way, the GAA is going to make lots of money from this, and fair play to them.

According to another article I saw Nowlan Park is actually for next season so will be factored into the season ticket I'd assume. Apparently using the Aviva instead of the rds all season isn't worth it for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Not the worst thing to see them move out of Dublin with all the fans that say they can't get to games. Hopefully will sell out and can be used in future

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jenkins is out of the squad and Deeney now starts.

Hopefully it's not a long term absence for the former. We'll need him for the Leicester game, especially with Ryan injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Billy_the_Kid
    Master

Renewals are not live yet so everyone will know before they buy.

The below quote is from The Examiner. If Leinster make the semi finals of the Champions Cup and the knockouts of the URC then the matches will be held at Croke Park.

"Leinster play the Leicester Tigers in the Aviva Stadium in the last 16 of the European Champions Cup on April 6. It is understood should they have home advantage for a semi-final on the weekend of May 4, Croke Park will stage the game.

The matches also include the involvement in the knock-out stages of the URC, starting with a quarter-final on the weekend of June 8. It was explained that the game could only be facilitated in Croke Park on Friday, June 7 as the Leinster senior hurling final is fixed for the venue on June 8."

Lovely try. Great hands in midfield to put Russell into the gap and then his speed to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Ross Byrne has lost it!!

cant even do his stock try assist 40 yard kick pass anymore

Aki is vital for Ireland

but Osborne will bring another excellent kicking option to Ireland. Especially for getting out of the 22’.

Frawley doesn’t look right

missed tackles and strange attempt at kicking through behind defenders with his left foot.

Why is Scott Penny packing down at 8?

Leinster have been a bit too ambitious so far. No need for Byrne to make that cross kick to Deegan so early in the play and no need to make that sort of long throw to midfield when we've generally a strong maul.

That's at least a yellow for Turner.

Head on head tackle.

Would actually go for a red.

Turner is very upright.

• Advertisement

YC, change of direction is mitigation

Yellow for Turner.

I think he's lucky tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Leinster & Turner will take that I reckon. Very poor tackle.

Ross Molony is also a darts player (Nathan aspinall)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,073 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'd take any win here today

Brilliant finish

That's brilliant from Andrew Osborne.

Chip over the defence and backing your pace to catch up to the ball.

class finish from Osborne

And Andrew using his left foot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭bingobango12

Brilliant finish on his debut.

Advertisement