Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rgt cycling league on irish circuits

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Just had a quick look at the entry list. I reckon I'm out the back after 30 seconds tops :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

daragh_ wrote: »
    Just had a quick look at the entry list. I reckon I'm out the back after 30 seconds tops :eek:

Groupetto? I’ll join you after 5km tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

right there with ye!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Now I don't race, but I use rgt a fair bit. If I'm free around 11 I'll do this, I see dahats name and Matteo cigala on it,so I'm I don't hold much hope.

Drinking greenspot old-fashioneds won't help.

I've also been late for every RGT event ive signed up for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

looking forward to it !

• Advertisement

not looking forward to it!

Quit after first lap. It glitched right at the start after a km and had me from 3rd to 35th and cycling the other way. Likely I was finishing around there anyway but I'd like to have hung on

Did a lap anyway for the legs

My chain also came off in a spectacular fashion and wrapped itself around the chainsrt in a way I'd never seen. Bike is in need of some tlc

Finished 7th I think in G2 with 4 others.

I used an IPhone 6s Plus & Apple TV but the graphics were non existent so I’ll use the laptop next time for a better experience.

Urgh

Actually finished!

Dropped after 3 mins and in various small groups after that. Pretty sure I was getting a tow off Weepsie at one point.

Sprint for 27th which I lost. Good craic anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

EwrhY5vWEAA7SKE?format=jpg&name=large

Actually finished!

Dropped after 3 mins and in various small groups after that. Pretty sure I was getting a tow off Weepsie at one point.

Sprint for 27th which I lost. Good craic anyway.

Must have as I was hovering around 27-30th for most of it until the chain incident

Weepsie wrote: »
    Must have as I was hovering around 27-30th for most of it until the chain incident

I was hoping I would get another lap out of you! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

Quit after first lap. It glitched right at the start after a km and had me from 3rd to 35th and cycling the other way.

Not raced on rgt yet but done a few rides and 3 out of 5 there were different issues, with zwift I think I've had 3 issues in as many years

I've used RGT a few times. Done events that had 200+ people and didn't have issues. End of the day, only reason I do subscribe is (a) it comes out of unused phone credit (b) half the price nearly and (c) magic roads is a great feature.

They could do with building a few longer routes though maybe.

i like rgt, i think ill be changing from zwift to it.

lennymc wrote: »
    i like rgt, i think ill be changing from zwift to it.

What is your set up? My graphics were crap race just gone & wondering was it the Apple TV?

I use android and a windows laptop. Laptop is past its best, but I get decent graphics.

Thing to note with Magicroads is the detail is fairly scant compared to their premade roads or some of the bigger sponsored ones.

dahat wrote: »
    What is your set up? My graphics were crap race just gone & wondering was it the Apple TV?

using a laptop with i7, nvidia dedicated graphics card, 16 gb ram, hdmi out to a tv and android device.

I have an ipad so may try that to see what the graphics are like on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭barleyman

Much prefer RGT over Zwift. Saying that have started having issues since last release where i seem to be facing the opposite way for a few seconds before continuing.

The other thing for garmin connect users is that the power output is a way off when loading the fit files into Garmin Connect. Not an issue if you use TP or similar. Something to do with smart recording.

https://www.trainerroad.com/forum/t/anyone-using-rgt-cycling-thoughts/29630/168

• Advertisement

barleyman wrote: »
    Much prefer RGT over Zwift. Saying that have started having issues since last release where i seem to be facing the opposite way for a few seconds before continuing.

This is what happened to me yesterday. Was the first time it's happened, but happened a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

dahat wrote: »

AFAIK you need the apple TV 4K to get decent graphics, that's what I've been using and it seems to work well, though if you look at some reports on the various FB groups it seems as if you don't get the same level of detail as on some of the supercharged gaming PC rigs.

To get high levels of detail at highish frame rates is graphics processor intensive, I started using RGT on an old laptop which was positively glacial, picked up a s/h Apple TV 4k for much cheaper than upgrading the laptop and it'll come in handy under the main TV in a week or so.

Thread Bump.

Boyne Valley GP up next. Would be good to get the numbers up (mainly so I don't feel so lonely when I get dropped)

Links to sign up in here

Thread Bump.

Boyne Valley GP up next. Would be good to get the numbers up (mainly so I don't feel so lonely when I get dropped)

Links to sign up in here

I should be there - provided my dodgy back holds out.

Won’t make it, too much racing equals not enough training.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've used RGT a few times. Done events that had 200+ people and didn't have issues. End of the day, only reason I do subscribe is (a) it comes out of unused phone credit (b) half the price nearly and (c) magic roads is a great feature.

Savage, thanks for this post.

EDIT: The double device requirement is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Just in case anyone else makes my little rookie mistake and finds they can't 'feel' any of the up-or-downhills in RGT, and so the entire spin all just feels the same (apart from your heartbreaking view of the other folk just riding away from you on the first bit of uphill), I found what was going wrong for me:

I had connected somehow to my smart trainer as a power meter rather than a trainer.
    Now that I see it, I feel a bit thick but I just didn't spot that last time. Have it connected correctly now, and I can feel all the gradients perfectly. Its actually quite accurate I think..my initial impression wasn't good but now I can't wait to get dropped on Sunday in the full knowledge that it's actually ME getting dropped and not a fault of my equipment or whatever.
    On my phone now, will try to include screenshot...

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

My RGT app is saying a 12pm start today? First two were 11am and it's listed above in the link as 11am.

I assume it's something with the clock change, but maybe it's just my app??

Sitting on the Turbo waiting to start.

• Advertisement

Was definitely supposed to be 11.

Waiting until 11 and then I'm off to Zwift. Won't make it for 12. Family stuff on.

Advertisement