Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rgt cycling league on irish circuits

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

lennymc wrote: »
    Few clubs are putting on a virtual league on their circuits on rgt. Anyone here doing it?

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/cycling-news-item/early-spring-e-racing-classic-/29689

We are promoting the virtual boyne gp, gorey, Carrick, carlow, spellman are also promoting races.

I was thinking if it's wet and cold outside I might give it a go to support the initiative, though 11AM on a Sunday is a bit of a turn off for me, with no need for anyone to travel I can't see the need to be so late.

I'm presuming that since there's no grades I'd last about 3 minutes and then be ingloriously dropped, so you can see why if it's fine out I'll be gone from early.

Best of luck with it, I'd suggest getting it up on the RGT events site and Facebook events group if ye want a wider participation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've found the timimg of loads of things on RGT a bit odd. Always just a bit too early or a bit too late that don't consider that people have lives, families etc.

That said, I might give one a go and fully expect to do awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Signed up for Carrick race on Paddy’s day but won’t do anymore on the platform as it didn’t like it the one time i tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Racing Without Borders (RWB) originally on zwift are doing a few races too - Thursday and Mondays at 8pm. "IRL Virtual Cycling" is the facebook group anyway. http://rgtdb.com/series/rwbms2-1

I've only done their zwift races and events, but going on facebook they're setting up some of the national champs circuits as magic roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

I'll do the first 5 minutes of the Paddy's Day Race. Followed by a gentle spin around the course after I get dropped.

Not sure how to sign up for the rest (not on Facebook)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

daragh_ wrote: »
    I'll do the first 5 minutes of the Paddy's Day Race. Followed by a gentle spin around the course after I get dropped.

Ask, and thou shalt receive...

Codes for the other Races.

Panduit Carrick Wheelers race 17th March v67XPC7o8D
    Carlow CC race 21st March dh544K4FUU
    Drogheda Wheeler race 28th March 9sDQi1q5t4
    Gorey CC race 4th April T67m39MCGe
    Spellman Dublin Port race 7th April lotzrJwKHw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Ill join you. but i plan on being dropped after 3 minutes...
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Is there any groups within RGT, like the A,B,C,D in zwift or is it a big mass start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

joey100 wrote: »
    Is there any groups within RGT, like the A,B,C,D in zwift or is it a big mass start?

Mass Start afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

May do the St Patricks Day one - recovery week on my TrainerRoad plan, getting my head kicked in going deep seems perfect!

• Advertisement

Just wondering if it's possible to preview ride any of the routes on Magic Roads?

Can't see any on https://magicroads.org

Just wondering if it's possible to preview ride any of the routes on Magic Roads?

WDn1moMq56fn is the code for the boyne gp route

The only one I could find is for the Dublin port crit

https://www.facebook.com/spellmandublinport/posts/1676947239165999

The 12 digit code on the poster is for the magic road, the event codes (10 digits) that the other clubs are sharing are for the actual races themselves.

I'm not quite sure if you have to be a paid subscriber to use a magic road solo.

nilhg wrote: »

I'm not quite sure if you have to be a paid subscriber to use a magic road solo.

good point - if someone could try the code - WDn1moMq56fn and let us know that would be great. I created that route, and am using the RGT premium account provided to clubs.

You need to be a premium to use magic roads unless it's an event or someone premium is using it and invites you at that time

good point - if someone could try the code - WDn1moMq56fn and let us know that would be great. I created that route, and am using the RGT premium account provided to clubs.

That works!

Weepsie wrote: »
    You need to be a premium to use magic roads unless it's an event or someone premium is using it and invites you at that time

Lenny's code worked for me, I might give it a go this evening, if anyone else wants to have a look see as well I could try create an event for 8pm and share here. Shout if interested.

That works!

great stuff

I have some more codes for some of the DW routes - i can post them up later.

The leinster classic route is even more horrific than real life tho. Don't say you were not warned!!

some more more routes:
    Kilmessan gp circuit H1Nay8JGFBFT
    Leinster classic h7al01SVqdIK
    Coombes Conor 97uCPeCIja0N
    Donore goAYVBQiBrOp

some more more routes:
    Kilmessan gp circuit H1Nay8JGFBFT
    Leinster classic h7al01SVqdIK
    Coombes Conor 97uCPeCIja0N
    Donore goAYVBQiBrOp

Nice one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

If you create a route then can anyone ride that route any time once they have the code?
    I've applied for a club premium account so just gathering info while I wait :)

mamax wrote: »
    If you create a route then can anyone ride that route any time once they have the code?
    I've applied for a club premium account so just gathering info while I wait :)

To do a quick ride on a magic road as RGT calls it you need a premium account, if some one with a premium account organises an event on that magic road then you can join that event and ride once you have the event code.

I rode the Boyne GP course last night, seems fine to me apart from a little glitch at the turn at the highest point on the course, can't see it making much difference apart from being a bit disconcerting the first time round.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vmjp4zcQVKPonMCP7

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

upgraded my trusty old laptop to Win10 and tried RGT yesterday - looks realy nice...but...

I did the Majorca climb, and on some bits it felt like the 'trainer resistance' like we have in zwift was set to zero, as I didn't feel any difference once the road began to rise (just my avitar slowed down).
    Later on, on a 13% section, I near ground to a halt...as if the trainer resistance was set to max (the way I have it in my Zwift app, so ye can 'feel' the hills).

After cresting the 13% section and was going downhill however, I was still in my 28-sprocket and out of the saddle as if still climbing (not for a couple of seconds, I mean like for the whole downill section there).

Also the 'ease off the power' thing (for cornering) was catching me out...I ended up just keeping the power on through the red numbers - so then out of the corner I was already at my 200watts, because if I ease off then it takes a moment to get the power back on and I think I'd lose ground to other riders.

Interesting the little differences in the two apps, but the trainer resistance feel not being consistant kinda putting me off a bit.

That said, I can't wait to try it for real now next week - great initiative by the clubs to do this, fair play!!!

Did the Kilmessan GP circuit. Other than the glitchy corner all good.

Made a strava segment out of it so I'm KoM for a few hours at least.

RGT premium for clubs - can anyone tell me more on this please?

dahat wrote: »
    RGT premium for clubs - can anyone tell me more on this please?

Thanks for that, applied for the club premium.

Test lap entry code
    http://app.rgtcycling.com/event?code=a7s3VeQVbZ

Practice event tonight for tomorrow's race

• Advertisement

Test lap entry code
    http://app.rgtcycling.com/event?code=a7s3VeQVbZ

Practice event tonight for tomorrow's race

See ya tomorrow though it’s a tough field & only a token entrant myself.

Can that be done at anytime? Have a pre race to do later on over 90mins

Advertisement