Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

You won’t win a G&T this evening for that post- just like your claim Meaghan had 8 mullion followers prior to meeting Harry , it’s false must try harder 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 23,257 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yep H & M made thier bed and just refuse to lie in it.

Its not hard to escape limelight if you don't keep bloody courting it incessantly.

BEDS! That’s it! Meaghan should sell beds on her website - herself and Harry pictured snuggling up in a $100k bed- profit margin probably 75% - she only needs to sell about 15 a year - would tie in with her Netflix series- In bed with Meaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Karppi

I’ll pass on that amazing offer, thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I wonder how Sophie would have dealt with her children depicted as chimps, or the racist British press publishing opinion pieces such as Queen Consort Camilla friend, Jeremy Clarkson wrote?

• Advertisement

every few pages “The Chimps” - it happened over 5 years ago - washing powder man lost his career over it and rightfully so - what more do you want?

Look up her profile - she seems to be a well educated, decent human being and not a wooden stepford wife type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

These posts become so tired 😫. Please make no more references to chimps, as these have been dealt with ad nauseum.

I know - Meaghan branded Tammy Wynette singles “Stand by your man”

I don't know if you actually looked at that video, but all it is is that Dan Wootton (who has been sacked by the Sunday Mail and GB News) and is now an independent Youtuber talking shite.

I question why you think anyone has the right to tell Meghan Markle and her husband what to do now. They seem to be just getting on with their lives in the US, but yet the British press can't stop talking about them. They are doing their own thing and getting on with life. What is it to all those who feel they have a right to criticise them. They don't owe anyone in the UK anything as they were basically evicted by Harry's father and brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Now you restarted the whole "evicted" plot point again. All the greatest hits coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Wha?

A single person made a remark about Harry and Meaghan children looking like whatever derogatory term he used, how is that anyone else's fault?

I don't know Jeremy Clarkson personally, but he strikes me as a person who will say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Dunno how that could be anyone else's fault, definitely not the royal family.

Did I say it was anyone else's fault. I just made the statement how would Princess Sophie deal with her children being depicted on social media as chimps, particularly if she was mixed race.

The editor of the Sun didn't see anything wrong with publishing the article.

Queen Consort Camilla is a personal friend of Clarkson. The British royals should take a leaf out of King Harold of Norway's book.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/norway/king-harald-condemns-racism-towards-future-son-in-law-durek-verrett-183277/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭maebee

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13264723/Meghan-Markle-shows-acting-skills-excitedly-reads-kids-Literally-Healing-storytime-session-Childrens-Hospital-Los-Angeles.html

Was this not the reason she left the RF? She didn't want to do the gigs and wanted her privacy. Now she's doing the gigs, in the U.S. and not doing the "privacy" thing. Very strange.

You are repeating the narrative that the British gutter press created to distract you from the real reason as to why they left.

So she is not allowed read books to children in a hospital now. What exactly is she allowed do? And why should she listen and comply to anyone's thoughts as to how she should behave?

Why should they?

The royal family have their own way of dealing with things, why would they care what other royal families do.

What is the real reason?

Something about freedom and racism - so awful that they named their second child after the head of the same family.

At least that’s what you’ll get - I think the actual reason is a combination of seeing themselves as too good to open a community Centre on Doncaster on a Thursday - and Meghan realising she’d be far from the UKs centre of attention!!

• Advertisement

Harry was very close to QEII. Just because his father and his brother are egocentric whimps who have used and abused him as a scapegoat for his entire life, doesn't mean he didn't love and respect his grandmother and would honour her by naming one of his children after her. Note he didn't name his first child after anyone in his family.

What makes you think that opening a Community Centre in Doncaster is beneath them? For a royal and the mother of a newborn, she seemed to be fairly busy with Grenfell Tower, tours of Ireland, South Africa, Australia/Oceania, Smart Works, editing Vogue as well as performing in all the pagents put on by the Royal Family, not to mention organising wedding. The ordinary British public seemed to really like her despite the British tabloids tearing her apart every day. She went down a bomb everywhere she went. Meghan was right in the middle of the UK's centre of attention, indeed she seems to get a lot of UK attention despite having left the UK and is living 7,000,000 miles away in the US. Its front page news in the UK that she read a few stories to children in a hospital in Los Angeles! And here we are in little old Ireland with posters here discussing the 'tat' she might sell on her new website.

Lack attention! Na!

Who? The royal family?

Never explain, never complain. Simple

Didn't William explain that ''they are not a racist family''.

Not so simple now in the 21st century.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Karppi

Well, Meghan "served" for 72 days of the two years between her marriage and Megxit. No too exhausting, I'd have thought.

I think the fundamental problem was that Meghan thought she was a celebrity who everyone had come to see, rather than being at whatever function to represent the Royal Family. Her need to be the centre of attention, her super power of detecting camera lenses at 400 paces, detracted from engaging with the people or the opening ribbon at the Community Centre (whether in Doncaster or Dumbarton). "Not many people ask me if I'm OK". "I can't believe I'm not getting paid for this". Always about her.

Lots of celebrities visit children's hospitals, some are regulars and have been doing it for years. Most of the time, it's below the radar. Meghan handed out signed polaroids. A statement was issued. Not exactly the "secret visit" it was portrayed as. It's the same issue - Meghan is the star, the kids are the props. That's what I find distasteful.

Ah, well.

And that is exactly it - she's an actress by trade, nothing wrong with that at all - sure Zelensky was a stand up comedian before being elected leader of Ukraine!!

However she wants to be a duchess in the sense of starring in the Princess Diaries 3 - Haz's Girl rather than actually do some work - Diana walked into a landmine field (yes yes I know it was cleared, that's not the point!) and helped de-stigmatize patients with AIDs with her compassion. Her trips with the boys to CentrePoint largely came out only after she passed, they weren't for publicity, they were to show the kids not everyone has their privilege. It stuck with the eldest anyway.

MeMeMeghan wants to just be photographed doing things and like you said Karppi, everyone round her is a prop.

Well, she is a mighty woman if she could edit an issue of Vogue (where she didn't put herself on the front cover - a missed for opportunity for someone who has been diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder by 'social media experts' and probably 'royal experts' as well!). Produce and edit a cook book with the Grenfell Tower victims which from what we hear from the people involved included weekly visits with no cameras - an activity which many people wish she would do, got involved with SmartWorks and changed the thinking to approach companies to supply clothes rather than relying on hand-me-downs, tours Ireland, South Africa, Australia/Oceania and Morocco and has a baby.

I'd be interested to know what constitutes a day 'served' - what would she be doing? I'd love to know what she was sending emails at 5am to her staff about. From what I understand one of the things that QEII really admired about her was her work ethic and why they bonded so well together.

There was no statement / photoes issued by the Sussex.com about the visit to the hospital, so Meghan was doing exactly what you think she should be doing.

https://sussex.com/news/

It was the hospital who issued the videos and photos to raise awareness for their fundraising. Meghan turned up and read 3 books to the kids, very far from just turning up and handing out signed photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

It is not clear because I think it was deliberately intended to not be clear so as to cast suspicion on everyone and fuel speculation, feed biases, incite hatred…etc.

How to drop a Bomb in 90 seconds.

Meghan: In those months when I was pregnant, all around this same time...so we have in tandem the conversation of 'He won't be given security, he's not going to be given a title' and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born.

Oprah: Who is having that conversation with you? There is a conversation..

Meghan: There were several conversations about it.. (conversations about security or about how dark his skin would be?)

Oprah: There's a conversation with you?

Meghan: With Harry.

Oprah: About how dark your baby is going to be?

Meghan: Potentially and what that would look like.

Oprah: And you're not going to tell me who had the conversation?

Meghan: I think that would be very damaging to them.

Oprah: OK, so how does one have that meeting?

Meghan: That was relayed to me from Harry. Those were conversations that family had with him..it was hard to see those as compartmentalised conversations.

Oprah: Because they were concerned that if he were too brown that that would be a problem? Are you saying that?

Meghan: I wasn't able to follow up with why but if that's the assumption you're making, I think that feels like a pretty safe one. (translation: You're assumption is correct. If my baby was deemed to be too brown then whoever was having conversations about this with my husband would have a problem with it and that person is a racist).

So surmising this exchange it isn't unreasonable to think the following; Someone in Harrys family, who spoke with him without Meghan being present, had several conversations with him about their concern about how dark his son would be and that this concern would be potentially be tied to whether or not his son would get security and a title e.g. Remember the Family Guy inspired meme of the Queen holding up an "OK/Not Ok" colour chart as Harry holds Archie? In essence the royal family version of that.  Meghan also saying it would be too damaging for them was also a cop out since the speculation (and the feeding of already established hate and bias) towards the family was being fed either way. Touting what is an accusation of racism was a gift for such people.

Harry enters the chat and Oprah understandably has some concerns of her own.

Oprah: What was that conversation?

Harry: That conversation (singular) I'm never going to share but at the time it was awkward. I was a bit shocked.

Oprah: (pressing for context/details) Can you tell us what the question was?

Harry: No, I don't...I'm not comfortable with sharing that.

Oprah: OK.

Harry: But that was...that was right at the beginning, right?

Oprah: Like what will the baby look like?

Harry: Yeah what will the kids (not explicitly Archie) look like. (He notably doesn't mention skin colour). But that was right at the beginning when she (Meghan) wasn't going to get security when members of my family were suggesting she carries on acting because there was not enough money to pay for her. There was some obvious signs before we even got married that this was going to be really hard.

A completely different take on it with the only overlap being that whatever was said was said to Harry. Not multiple conversations but one. Not while Meghan was pregnant but right at the beginning of their relationship. He quite notably doesn't even touch on the actual bombshell of concerns about skin colour and how this would impact titles and consequent security. Even while watching it this was a pretty big red flag.

As you have said in another post this is the 21st century. Social media is 24/7 and almost immediately given the lack of details and context the whodunnit game of racist royal bingo happened. Within a day Oprah got an update i.e. You can all remove the Queen and Phillip from your bingo cards. Royal Race Row and Royal Racist was major headline news around the world. Harry and Meghan attempted to cage that tiger within a day of the interview via sources speaking to the Telegraph i.e. Harry desperately hopes to attend Dianas 60th Memorial, they consider the interview their last word (lol!), they want to move on, they consider the matter closed, they have drawn a line under it. How magnanimous. For two years after Oprah they kept schtum but obviously hoping this would all go away was wishful thinking because to my mind they were content to have suspicion fall on your go to villains of the wimpy Charles/Camilla and William/Kate. While someone doesn't exactly need to be a card carrying member of the Sussex Squad to exploit or grift off the (deliberate?) lack of context and details provided to engage in online speculation, hate and derision it is undeniable that the fuel for that was seeded in the Oprah interview.

Even Harry and Meghan diluting their allegations hasn't helped quell royal race row and royal racist headlines because they let that hare loose. We were promised "receipts" but suspiciously none of them came. Their kids, per the protocol, got their titles when their grandfather became the monarch which torpedos the titles hinging on their skin tone angle and confirms it was based on Harrys standing in the hierarchy all along. Oprah publicly distanced herself saying she doesn't interfere with anyone elses family issues. In October 2022 H&M were to receive an RFK award for their heroic stance against "structural racism" in the royal family but come collection time this was changed to become for their work in mental health and racial justice via Archewell. There was another gaslit bomb from Harry via promotion of Spare with Tom Brady. It was the British press who invented the racism accusations against his family and so they were to blame for the race row/racist bingo. Bradby says Meghan said there were troubling comments about Archies skin. Harry says the concern was about the colour of his skin. Brady (rightly) says that this is essentially racist and asks Harry if he agrees? He doesn't agree it was. Not having lived in that family. It was Unconscious Bias...in the Drawing Room. When William said the family wasn’t racist? Well, his brother, confirms that.

Despite supposedly loving his Granny he kept schtum about that for almost two years before he offered such an explanation. That the Queen died before he decided to say this and he was doing it while promoting a book to make millions for himself ought, to anyone still believing their nonsense, provide some clue as to why Harry is as criticised as he is. Even after Scobies book (translation "error") which names Charles and Kate as the concerned ones there was no official statement from H&M denying/clarifying any of it or distancing themselves from it. You always say the family did/said nothing about the racism Meghan experienced but doesn’t it work both ways? When the King and the Princess of Wales are cited as racist by an established affiliate in Omid Scobie then why not clarify things?

Quite simply it was damaging to people they (and you) were happy to see damaged so there is no need for mutual familial defense. It was Charles and Kate...using Unconscious Bias...in the Drawing Room! Yet by the time this came up most people could care less given the inconsistency in and the chopping and changing of the narrative. Clearly given your animosity towards the targeted quartet of C&C and W&K then I am aware this is a pointless post which won't change your mindset but the whole thing has become disinteresting with Kate (who was clearly trying to protect her children from the state of her health, getting bullied by the increasingly insane speculations of Sussex Squad types into revealing a cancer diagnosis) seemingly putting a full stop on it all with her statement.

It for me feels, at least in terms of this RF versus H&M side taking debate, like it has ended with a whimper. A bruised monarchy which will live and learn and continue for at least another generation with a King William and Queen Catherine. A pariah Harry who let his well-intentioned agenda against (and hatred of) the media consume him and, in the process of fattening his bank account, destroyed his reputation along with any trust his family will ever have in him again. And Meghan, back on Instagram selling Jam and Tote bags, albeit now using titles (gifted from the Queen) and iconography (royalesque M cypher) from the institution.

Post edited by valoren on

I’d love to see Charles, under the guise of “slimming down the monarchy” to take their titles off them. Haz would be gone like yesterday’s chip paper!

• Advertisement

Christ its a brave move going near the topic of social media diagnosis when you yourself had been spreading insane "confirmed" diagnosis about a cancer stricken woman.

Advertisement