Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭Karppi

In an attempt to get back to my question which Dan Wootton's video provoked in my mind - given that H&M talk a lot about the horrors of social media, why don't they react to their own Sussex Squad and tell them to STFU with their wild Instagram slurs? Oh, and please don't try to tell me that Meghan has nothing to do with them/has never seen them/knows nothing about then, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If you're the type to alienate both sides of the family, and publicly trash them for money, you're unlikely to be bothered by others helping you, especially when you know some of them

This is the H&M brand if compassion, it only matters when they're being trashed. They're a pair of grifters with nothing of real substance to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

How do you think they could rebuke those who claim to be part of this sussex squad, bearing in mind they are not really on social media themselves and whether you like it or not, they don't know who they are. I haven't seen any wild instagram slurs, perhaps you might link one or two of them. I'd like to see what kind of slurs they are posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Two words - Omid Scobie.

Two more - Christopher Bouzy

Both venal individuals who are being directly fed material by H&M and in the latter case (a horrific gowl if ever there was one_ he actively encourages the vitriol from the ridiculously named "Sussex Squad".

Can you answer the questions:

''How do you think they could rebuke those who claim to be part of this sussex squad, bearing in mind they (H&M) are not really on social media themselves and whether you like it or not, they don't know who they are.''

I haven't seen any wild instagram slurs, perhaps you might link one or two of them. I'd like to see what kind of slurs they are posting on social media.

• Advertisement

Then I suggest you go on Instagram, search Sussex Squad and see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Funny enough, your stories are sooo similar to what the Sussex squad say. There's really not much between you and Dan in saying horrible things about people

I'm afraid if you genuinely believe that H&M are living their best lives in the US and are deeply horrified by the vile threats made to others including a cancer stricken mother, then there's little discussion possible here.

I've just done that. There are a lot of sussex squad posters. I looked at the first couple that showed up in the search and all I can see is fanzine type posts (photos, videos of H&M).

Would you mind just posting a link to a couple of the ones that are 'slurring'.

I looked up Scobie's insta and its just based on himself (videos of him in the gym etc - only a few posts). There is a personal attack on him in the last post. He didn't respond to it.

https://www.instagram.com/scobiesnaps/

I looked up Bouzy account as well. He has about 6 posts on it and its about a year since he has posted anything. There are no slurs directed at anyone on it.

https://www.instagram.com/cbouzy/

Thanks.

Can you just supply a link to what these horrible Sussex squad are saying please.

• Advertisement

What 'vile threats' have been made to anyone and please provide a link to them.

Try this one. It's from 11 March. The considerate and kind post said

This are my exact thoughts. Kate tried to kill herself after William asked her for a divorce because she knows she can't handle a fraction of the hell Harry and Meghan have been put through

Charming. And also bollocks.

BTW, I'm not about to provide a dossier of the Sussex Squad's deranged posts. Now, about that question I asked - why don't H&M (especially Meghan) simply issue a press release distancing themselves from the Sussex Squad and their deranged posts? While they're at it, they could usefully repudiate Omid Scobies' racism claims. It would, at least, be a start

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

You haven't seen any of these posts but yet you post many of them here almost verbatim? Uh huh. Remember that? Affairs, eating disorders and conspiracies about comas and not really being in hospital. And those are the least bonkers ones.

The bouzy fella even appeared in their Netflix documentary. But of course, they don't know anything about the stuff he posts online.

They are bullies

Sussex_squad responded to a post made by comedian Laurie Kilmartin. Is Laurie Kilmartin a sussex squader?

There was a hell of a lot of speculation doing the rounds at that time, with the US media being particularly very outspoken about it. In fact, they seem to be self policing about what they post if you continue reading the thread.

Sussex squad, you all need to stop these negative vibes on the media. You dont
    want bad for Meghan, so please dont wish anything bad for Kate. We are
    all women. #Be kind

As for the racism claims - Harry called it ''unconsious bias'', so Harry has done his best to make excuses for them. Why do you think they should repudiate something if there is truth in it. Bear in mind as well, it was Piers Morgan who outed Charles and Kate as the racists, not H&M.

The issue H&M have with the Royal Family is that they would not do for Meghan what is now you expect H&M to do for the Charles & Kate (i.e., renounce Jeremy Clarkson for his disgraceful comments about Meghan). At least Meghan and Harry have not been out dining with Scobie.

Just for the record, the sussex squad have raised approx. $1,000,000 for H&M charities, so why would they issue some sort of a blanket reprimand when they actually don't know who has.

On his twitter page, Bouzy has a post which says that Kate should be left alone. What more can he do.

I take this post is directed at me.

The whole world was speculating about what was wrong with Kate, not just the Sussex Squad. It didn't help that there was all these manipulated photos that were rejected by the international photo agencies, or that the Sun was paying very large sums of money for fake videos and publishing them.

Never fear it will all come out in the wash sooner rather than later.

What has Bouzy posted on line that they should be reprimanded for. I couldn't see anything on his instagram/X account.

His business, Bot Sentinel provides data on internet usage, outs bots & trolls, hate accounts, predicts election results etc. He was hired by Archewell as an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Fun fact - Omid Scobie was the one who outed Charles and Catherine as the ones who had the conversation about a future baby's possible skin colour, it was revealed in an apparent translation error. Now, this was once before they got married according to Harry, and multiple times while she was pregnant with Archie according to Meghan. Remember, recollections may vary.

Piers Morgan simply said it on air in the UK because it was widely reported elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So now stating facts = defending Wooton?

Might be the most bizarre take on this thread yet.

Sussex_squad responded to a post made by comedian Laurie Kilmartin. Is Laurie Kilmartin a sussex squader?

Sussex Squad reposted this and agreed with it - as previously posted…..

This are my exact thoughts. Kate tried to kill herself after William asked her for a divorce because she knows she can't handle a fraction of the hell Harry and Meghan have been put through

Some of the responses to the thread were from people who objected to the post, but they didn't come from H or M. They came from decent human beings, such as

Sussex squad, you all need to stop these negative vibes on the media. You dont
    want bad for Meghan, so please dont wish anything bad for Kate. We are
    all women. #Be kind

They're feck all use if they don't come from the sources of the problem, H&M

As for the racism claims - Harry called it ''unconsious bias'', so Harry has done his best to make excuses for them. Why do you think they should repudiate something if there is truth in it. Bear in mind as well, it was Piers Morgan who outed Charles and Kate as the racists, not H&M.

Harry finally got round to changing his narrative, by bullshitting what he said originally. Even the interviewer looked surprised. Too little, too late , too mealy-mouthed. The damage was done

Bouzy is in **** street. Your defence of H&M and their various stooges is unconscionable

Deleted - not worth seeing something horrible to prove the SS are evil. The other SS.

@Leg End Reject

Quote from Meghan's interview with Oprah.

“In those months when I was pregnant... we have in tandem the conversation of ‘He won’t be given security. He’s not going to be given a title,’ and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born,” she told Winfrey. (from The Independent).

Its not clear from that quote as to what there were multiple discussions about - security or skin colour. Its not also clear whether there were two separate conversations between Charles and Harry and Kate & Harry. The main point about it was there was 'concern' expressed at all.

• Advertisement

Smart money says that the questions were about who the kid would take after looks wise and her Royal Griftness made it more so as to monetise it.

Zara Phillips never had a title; her kids don't have titles so why would Harry's kids ?

Madam there wanted to be Marie Antoinette and do no work at all - Princess Anne does about 10 engagements a week, most probably all boring as hell to her but she does them. It's called "duty". Poundshop Paltrow will never understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Ok, you boycott the thread then 👍

Seems like some posters have a problem with the actual subjects of the thread being discussed rather than conspiracy theories about other family members. Wonder why that could be?

Nope. The term used was ''concern'' about the colour of the child. That is not the same as wondering which parent the kid would look like.

Bearing in mind the racist British press and the absolute refusal of the British Royal family to call them out on their racism, I can see why the child's grandfather and aunt would be a bit concerned.

Well, since Anne was disinherited because she is a woman, at least her mother looked after her financially, gifting her with a large estate which enables her to house all her family (including her ex-husband Mark Philips) on the estate. Harry's children are the grandchildren of the King, just like Princess Beatrice and Eugenie were the grandchildren of the former Queen. Grandchildren of the monarch received security up to their 18th birthday. Beatrice had a personal protection officer travel with her on her gap year for example. They all still receive protection (for example, all of QEII's cousins have homes in the various palaces that have full time protection.

The disgraced Prince Andrew is not a fulltime working royal, but he still gets protection paid for by billionaire King Charles seemingly!

As for Meghan being lazy, from what I heard her staff were complaining because she was sending emails at 5am in the morning. How is that lazy. She was a working member of the royal family for about 2 years - in that time she got married, visited Ireland, South Africa, Morocco and Australia/Oceania, edited an edition of Vogue, produced a cookbook, was patron of SmartWorks and did all the usual Royal stuff in the UK. Oh, and she had a baby as well - all this while having to deal with outright racism and bullying by the British media and with not a word of support from her new royal family.

Spare me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Oh dear what a ghastly mess🤪

So come’on chaps and chapesses- guesses please - the funnier the better - what goodies might Meaghan have on her new webbie site and what will they cost- a bonus G&T to answers with links to the suggested products 🤪

Chop chop we don’t have all day

POUNDSHOP PALTROW - I love it - first G&T of the evening awarded to you🍸

This thread exists as a result of the Oprah "interview", which dropped various bombshells/launched many mortars three long years ago. Many of the accusations and statements made have been debunked, or at best the interview was stage managed to send a certain picture, but the thread has since tracked the utterances and insinuations of H&M. An awful lot of water has passed under the bridge most of which has been like the riviers - full of sewage.

Like too many things in life these days, this thread has become very polarised.

I'm now being called out for posting a video dropped by Dan Wootton - actually a person I have little time for - simply because he raises a particular point about the Sussex Squad. I think it's quite astonishing that some posters find it hard to agree that H&M could immediately distance themselves from a group such as the Sussex Squad, and that this would be a good thing.

This thread is like ping-pong. Those who support H&M respond to those who think they could behave differently, often asked to provide examples of such behaviours. Why? It's up to supporters of H&M to justify the postings - here and elsewhere. H&M seem to me to have made their bed in isolation from the British Royal Family. That's fine by me. No. seriously, I really am OK that they want out. But please, they shouldn't expect to get the "benefits" of being part of it - if you're out, you're out. No more security, no more titles, and so on. Take a leaf out of Mako Komuro's book. Get a job. Get on a bus in Manhattan. No whining. No whinging. (Formerly Her Imperial Highness Princess) Mako is living her life and, for me, has huge credibility.

Instead, H&M have comprehensively crapped - from an altitude of a B52 on a carpet bombing mission in Laos - on the RF. Stop leveraging on the titles and the historical adjacency to the RF.

Let's hope the ARO is a success. The faster Meghan becomes self sufficient, the better. Harry seems to be being marginalised. But that's another day's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Be right back

I think Meghan is on a par with Princess Sophie(?) of Sweden or Norway. Both with celebrity background. But Sophie seems to have throughly embraced the royal life.

I wonder what first attracted Prince Carl to Sophie, a former reality TV star and one-time topless model who once appeared wearing nothing but bikini bottoms and a boa constrictor.

• Advertisement

At the behest of Kate that was used. She called H&M liars and then people wonder why Harry produced the texts to prove that she was the one who was being a drama queen for Meghan's wedding.

Advertisement