Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New LED light tripping switch

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭karlitob

Chawosfski wrote: »
    You're some clown, you said u didn't hit the wire

I saw a job onetime where there was a slabnail through a t+e

The meter was flying but fuse wasn't blowing

That's the additional hazard where there's no rcd, although not their primary purpose

Listen chappie - drop the attitude; and stop being a mouthy know-it-all.

First, I wouldn’t be the first person - professional or otherwise - to hit a wire. I couldn’t see the turn of the cable above. From what I could see I thought I was clear. I didn’t hit or feel anything with the drill. And because of that when i screwed into the plug I felt the resistance of the plug and not the cable.

Secondly, the switch tripped. That’s it job, that’s what it did; that’s what kept me safe. It did what it was supposed to do.

Thirdly; I asked for help. I was unsure - tried to reason it out - asked for help; and thankfully, lots of generous people gave their advice and time on the basis of what I said. I’m grateful to them. And even to you despite your mouth.

Fourthly, this isn’t about you and how right you were. I put up my learning so that other people with limited knowledge could learn from it.

Finally, people like you make boards hard to come onto. Know it alls who forgot that at once stage they knew nothing. Like there has to be some form of qualification needed before you can ask for advice or guidance on a forum. If I was an electrician - I would have known what the problem was (note that I still could have caused the problem) and I wouldn’t have asked for help. I’m not an electrician - if you were, then at once stage you weren’t - so of course I don’t know these things. This isn’t an electricians forum solely for electricians so I don’t need or want your stupid comments.

Either contribute or shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op it's happened to pros....

New regs have it now the lighting circuit has its own RCD or rcbo protection, if your board which is from previous then your set up is perfectly fine.

Great you had loads of length on that cable many wouldn't be that lucky.
    Before connect up the earth put sleeving on it .

Op it's happened to pros....

New regs have it now the lighting circuit has its own RCD or rcbo protection, if your board which is from previous then your set up is perfectly fine.

Great you had loads of length on that cable many wouldn't be that lucky.
    Before connect up the earth put sleeving on it .

Thanks for the advice. Will get sleeving on it before I pop it up.

And done!!

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement