Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

Got 2x Scotland and 2x QF2 tickets on the main site there this evening. Some amount of refreshing and captchas required ... we better win our group now!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Conor15th

Have people been using a certain browser in particular to try get tickets? I wonder would the pc or phone be better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

If anyone gets on and can get extra qf2 tickets I'll buy them from you! I'll bag as many as I can if I get on and give boardsies first option on them if someone will do the same back for me! Still trying here, frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Also trying for QF2, the page won't load when you go into it.

I got it loaded once and it had tickets listed from 75 euro for cat4 and 210 for cat3 then it crashed.

• Advertisement

Nothing there now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Same here. I'd have been all over the €75 tickets 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Have 2 qtr final tickets in my basket 600 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I thought the Ticketmaster website was bad for the Champions Cup Final tickets but this one is even worse

So do I, I think. But now stuck on this page

If you don't want them at that price I'll take them from you!

• Advertisement

Page for QF2 has loaded for me a few times, saw cat 3 available but couldn't add to basket. Still saying view offers but any time page loads all unavailable. So frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

I can’t get page to load on any browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

if anyone manages to get in and has the funds to buy extra tickets please do lm looking for 1 any category ,, l will do the same if it allows 6 tickets l'll buy 6 if lucky enough to find them

Wondering is this a waste of time or are there actually still tickets left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Got 2 earlier

so am l but the post at 7:53pm gives hope ,,

its saying all 4 quarter final tickets are available but none will load , even buying tickets for quarter final 4 would probably be an easy swap

l wonder when the groups are fully decided will tickets go on the re sale portal by people who have bought tickets for both quarter finals

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

What's the strategy? Leave it load or constantly refresh? 🤔

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Decided to tick the bucket list item that is attend a RWC final. Got cheapish indirect flights and a hotel yesterday....now to find a single final ticket.

Obviously if we don't get to the final it might be easier to get one as other teams get knocked out. So the sooner I can get one the better.

Would be a bit nervous of getting a ticket potentially sold multiple times from the likes of Ticombo etc, I know they have guarantees as seller doesn't get paid until after the event but finding out the turnstile the ticket doesnt work would be a pain.

Think someone here said they got one on the RWC site only a few weeks back, havn't seen any since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Excuse me, but no. Plenty of people of my age can manage a few clicks on a computer.

Our disposable income was accumulated by knowing a good deal from a bad deal.

I think what he's trying to say is some people just want to pay the extra for convenience of an end to end package. Nothing against the elderly population using the internet!

• Advertisement

No, not really.

But anyway hope you all manage to get tickets. We're off to Italy for a holiday in a few days. Managed to book flights and Air b and b for accommodation all by myself. Cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Blut2

Some older people can, but a lot can't. And thats not just my opinion, its obviously the case in the real world based on the fact that lots of these package holiday companies exist - and their clientel is predominantly 50+.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Congrats to all who got tickets on the portal...still trying here but slow to load and then I see the CAT1 availability and then try to pick up two and says they are not there.

I'd say it's more to do with people wanting to mix and reminisce with others of the same age. Hence the golden age holidays. Most are pretty savvy with the Internet.

Anyway I apologise for derailing the thread.

What exact packages are you looking at? From a quick browse of an actual package on sale the numbers are far closer. Cassidy travel (since they're how this discussion started) are charging €1319 per person for the Ireland Scotland game, or €2638 for a couple. That includes Return flights, Return Airport Transfers, 2 Nights in a 3*Hotel, Cat 2 Match tickets

Pricing up a similar deal myself tonight I see

Return flights to ORY 703e (1048e to CDG!) - 1406e for our couple

CDG or ORY to the city center taxi approx 50e one way - 100e return

3* hotel for two nights 400e upwards - 400e

Cat2 match ticket 153e x2 - 306e

Grand total: 2212euro. Approx 400euro less.

So you're talking roughly a 20% price premium - possibly less depending on the hotel and airport in question.

A lot of people will happily pay that to just be able to get everything booked in one go and taken care of - no having to deal with the awful ticketing website, research where to stay, no having to plan, no having to book everything separately etc.

I wouldn't do it personally, but its obviously a service that people do value.

CSO figures would disagree with you:

Thats just "used the internet" in general too, not 'used the internet to buy things' - which has even lower figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

Final was my figures.

https://www.rugbytravel.ie/listings/rwc2023-final-short-packages/

So the 60 to 74 year old group. Over 75% use the Internet. Pretty good figures I would have thought. The fall is in the 75 plus which due to death and people ageing will get better.

Like I said most are pretty savvy on the Internet.

Managed to get a cat 1 ticket this morning for the NZ 1/4 final ,, it looked like the cat 1 ticket that wouldn't load last night ,, l tried to buy more but was only 1 available ,, €300

I had nearly given up on the site ,, same as last night wouldn't load and then seeing tickets but coming up unavailable , then the blue screen that kept freezing .

To give others hope there does seem to be tickets on the site

• Advertisement

Advertisement