Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cena returning on the 6th Mar episode of Raw in Boston

Setting up Cena vs Theory I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭ThePott

Pretty meh Raw. I get that it's on the back of a big angle and there's still 6 weeks till Mania but was a bit boring really.

Heyman's promo was baffling and weird. Sami/KO was good but Jesus get him out of a programme with Corbin, that is an absolute death sentence right now. Aside from that the set-up of Lita/Becky vs Damage Ctrl is a okay, hope that's not the Mania match, it seems like a waste of Becky and Bayley as refreshing as it is for others to get the spotlight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

From some reports apparently Trish was backstage and supposed to be involved in that segment but was pulled for some reason. I reckon we get Trish, Lita and Becks VS Damage Control at Mania.

I agree though the show was.... Disjointed? I think that's the word. Sami/KO was good, I'm hoping the Corbin thing was a once off cos he should be nowhere near that feud.

The Heyman promo didn't have as much impact as the last one, probably cos he was backstage and I never like that dynamic. Good to see Cody didn't suffer from Sami losing at least!

I've no earthly idea what they're at with Omos/Lesnar.... Sounds like an awful idea

Yeah I heard that, even Trish/Lita/Beck vs Damage Ctrl seems very pointless but still I guess something for the casuals who remember that era.

God Yeah, the Omos/Lesnar thing I meant to mention. Doubt it will amount to much, surely that can't be the plan.

Good segments with Sami/KO and Cody/Heyman

Wasnt expecting Brock vs Omas for Mania (if indeed does happen). Be billed as 'Brocks Biggest Challenge' or something

Could Lita turn on Becky or vice versa leading to a Mania match ??

Edge to do the 'this ends now' promo too Finn setting up the Mania match

• Advertisement

Rumour going around is that Finn/Edge will be a HIAC match which was the original plan for the Rumble apparently, possibility of the Demon too.

I think the feud has been pretty good but think capping it off at Mania would be good, would love a Finn win and for him to move into the title picture.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Take it with a pinch of salt but apparently Vince had a big hand in consulting on the raw script last night.

Apparently with Mania coming up and all eyes on mania he wants more input on the product to “help push a sale”.

Might make sense why Omos called out Brock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I felt it was too soon to have Sami back on Raw calling for KO to help just after his loss

I assume Brock Vs. Bobby will be at WM while not new much better than Omos or Bray

Is this Edge's last WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Wonder will the Omos stuff setup the new version of the hurt business with lashley

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Omos/Brock stuff absolutely stinks of Vince alright.

• Advertisement

The fact Omos gets on that card 2 years in a row over others is a kick in the teeth to alot of the talent on that roster

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bray Wyatt is cementing himself as the most overrated talent I've ever had the misfortune of watching.

Bar decent delivery when he does his promos, I see absolutely no upside to him whatsoever. The Fiend was decent, but ran out of steam when he couldn't do a semblance of a good match.

there is no substance to him. he believes his own hype when it comes to his 'creative genius'. he thinks he's clever, but pretty much all of it is nonsense. it doesn't draw, it's boring, it's stupid, and it needs to be off my TV now. there is nobody in the company that I want to see him feud with because he's a death knell. anything good he's in is reliant, in fact, on the charisma of whoever is opposite him.

i never got him and i never will. an absolute hoodwinker who has fooled more fans than he should have.

Post edited by SlickRic on

I wonder is Trish going turn heel as she did allude to one more singles match as a heel

Lesnar even against MVP would be better than Omos

Cody and Gable put on a hell of a match. Chad Gable is so so talented in the ring.

Cody and Roman face to face on Smackdown should be interesting if nothing else. They seem to be slowly seperating Sami/KO and the Usos stuff away from Roman which is fine too but I've still no idea where it's going 😂

The woman's tag belts are just props. Nobody defends them ever and they just get hauled out for the odd moment here and there ala Raw. That being said it's kinda cool to see Lita as a champion in three different decades!

The Brock/MVP segment was fine, Brock was very entertaining but the match is just so...meh. They've done the spectacle with Strowman before in Saudiland and they did a big match with Lashley last year so I'm so indifferent to this match.

Yep. The LA Knight feud only survived cos of Knight being able to sell it.

Lashley doesn't have the stick skills (or personality tbh, he's a big destroyer type so doesn't need it ordinarily) to carry a feud with Bray and I've no interest in his smoke and mirrors wrestlecrap nonsense personally.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

3 years including this one.

2 years ago he was in a Tag team match with AJ.

Last year against Bobby Lashley

This year against Brock Lesnar.

How he got these matches is beyond me.

Yeah fair but I thought Vince would have lost interest by now, looking at you Giant Khali and Giant Gonzales.

This years matchup seems like a real FU to the fans seeing as Omos has being doing nothing recently and lost to Braun at Crown Jewel so his monster appeal is dead.

Seth is flawless of changing from Heel/Face vice versa

No comparison to the repetitive Big Show (Paul Wight) turns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,246 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They've been building up no-one being able to break the Hurt Lock, so you just know Wyatt is going to easily shrug his way out of it, no-sell a couple of spears, and win at a canter.

This whole iteration of Bray has been especially terrible - the point of it seems to jump around week by week. We see other wrestlers seemingly affected by it, and then we don't. He's a normal version of himself for a while, and then he isn't. Uncle Howdy is a big menacing presence, and then falls away into the background. And all the while, we're treated to irritatingly edited 'spooky' videos, where they repeat the same dialogue fast, fast, fast, then slooooowwww. And so far months of this stuff has led to one terrible match that was so dripping with advertising it was beyond a parody of itself.

I've was buzzing when he returned (no pun intended) and really looked forward to the promos the first few weeks to see where it was going and the Wyatt6 reveal...yet I feel it's just stagnated and too much of a slow burn..it could be a promo this week then a 20seconf vignette next week. theres no clear direction with it or whether there will be a Wyatt6 stable...if they eventually do, it needs to be a dominant physical group,less of the regular bray and funhouse shite but more of the Bray Wyatt we had during his feud with Daniel Bryan

In the same boat as you. I thought the White Rabbit stuff and his debut showed a lot of promise and the Wyatt 6 faction idea could really worked but it definitely feels like they haven't committed to any firm idea and it's just been wheel spinning. There needs to be more of a physical presence, if not by Bray himself then a faction would do it. They should be using it to build up some wrestlers, midcarders or new ones and let Bray cut the spooky promos or vignettes to build them up.

What's the update on Riddle and Orton?

Seems Riddle is 'ready to return' but creative have nothing for him atm. Reckon he could return on the Raw/SD after Mania

Not sure what Ortons status is

Cena returning tonight, can't see him having much time to get back into ring shape for Mania.

I kinda wish Cena's return was a surprise, is Theory expected to go over at WM

I would hope so, Cena has no need to be winning matches at Mania when he's on a part time schedule.

I think this Raw we'll see a lot more shape put on the Mania card.

Personally wouldn't be against Cena winning to do an open challenge on Raw after Monday for a big debut or call-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Byron you bald geek, turn around. Let me tell you a story. I was on the green in Augusta, when the guys were practicing for the masters. I saw Tiger Woods walk out with a bucket of balls, about to hit them. I said "Tiger all you do is practice, practice, practice." He turned to me and said: "mån.sôör, if I had your talent I wouldn't have to practice so much."

My juices are titillated. Those three are so good.

Advertisement