Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assume it's Becky who's getting the lesser seen women some tv time.

I see they're still doing the background bits, with Drew and Rhea chatting/flirting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bronson Reed vs Gunther is an intriguing one next week, I foresee shenanigans. Tag Titles have never been as relevant to the WWE since the Attitude Era tbh, even if it is makeshift teams holding the belts. Presumably they'll main event again next week.

The way the world title defenses have been going the last few months, Drew could probably cut Seth in half with his sword and Seth would still retain the title😂

Screw that after Rollins recent comments I want Punk vs Seth at mania if he is actually coming back (not sure he is tbh I think WWE could be trolling tbh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe he will debut in Saudi in November since they pay so much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes for me Punk vs. Seth is the money match with or without a title

FFS Cody and Jey already dropping the tag titles back TJD, why?

Is Cena and Knight going to get a tag title shot and reign, I thought Cena was gone again soon back filming

How can WWE keep Jimmy and Jey feuding until WM for a singles match payoff, I find Jimmy's storyline just not making sense for me

Looks like Gable's push is over back to comedy

Seth raiding Becky's wardrobe

Jade really getting the big deal big star treatment without any match

Tegan and Nattie for the tag titles, another random pairing

Drew's slow descent into madness is fascinating at the moment. His promo was really good. I'd love him to win at Crown Jewel but I don't think he will, I don't think that's the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Another strong Raw.

Really think the women's division is looking better these days.

Nakamura/Ricochet and Gunther/Bronson were awesome too. Definitely some interesting developments outside of that.

Tag title change was weird alright though, just so Cody could be face to face with Roman?

Presumably we're getting Cody and Jey VS Jimmy and Solo at Crown Jewel but would it not make more sense to be for the titles.

• Advertisement

Piper's ring gear reminded me of Awesome Kong's.

And what's with Tozawa's random appearances these days? He's also winning matches on Main Event against NXT guys.

Dunno, wondering if they're going to hold off any Uso vs Uso match for a while though. Maybe they want that for a Mania match, hard to call though.

Seems Tegan was reminded of Kong as well

I'm trying to remember, didn't Kong return in a Royal Rumble or something and did she use Kharma or Awesome Kong?

Is Cena on Crown Jewel presumably he will face Solo or Jimmy if Knight gets Roman

Zoey I assume is added to take the pin in Rhea's title match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Why did they give Jimmy new theme music about being on his own, branching out of his family tree etc if he's just teaming with a different brother. Weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Cena won't be filming anything till the SAG-AFTRA strike is over, which looks like it's going to take a good bit longer than recent hopes suggested, so I'd say they're extending his involvement as a result.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jimmy is a heel, no? Being a hypocrite is kind of baked in to a lot of them.

He's basically playing the "lazy uncle who crashes on his brother's couch and never tries to break off and be his own man, but makes excuses to constantly defend himself" character, so the hypocritical theme kind of works for that.

Fair enough but I reckon you're giving them all too much credit 😁

I see they added Rhea defending the title in a Fatal 5 way at Crown Jewel against Nia, Raquel, Shayna and Zoey.

That's gonna be quite the physical one😁

I'd say Cena gets Solo or Jimmy at Crown Jewel or next week's Smackdown, then could be "taken out" as I believe he is gone after next week's Smackdown but that could change

• Advertisement

Indi getting a chance to reclaim the title she never lost tonight against Becky

Logan Paul also on Raw, despite his match at Crown Jewel against US champ Rey from Smackdown, unless some interaction with "dirty Dom and Mami Rhea"

Jey vs. Damien also advertised

Was expecting Cody to get Priest to put the case on the line in order to give him the opportunity to face Reigns.

So Judgement Day to get involved in the Seth/Drew match even though supposedly helping neither?

Liked Logan Paul and Dom interacting and then the call back to the match with Ricochet, getting Samantha Irvin involved.

Nia should be kept away from a mic and all she has is go away heat

Is Nikki getting a storyline?

Mami Rhea recruiting for TJD, is McDonagh officially in, joined

Seems Erik is out for a while which is why Ivar got that video.

Drew and Sami was a banger. I do wonder what they have planned for Sami going forward. Rhea being a menace is quite enjoyable too and I really hope she holds on to the title till the Elimination Chamber in Perth, she deserves a main event in her home country.

Which would get the better reaction in Perth - her retaining or her regaining the title?

I think she will retain until at least WM but she needs a good opponent(s) if main eventing EC in Australia

- Seth Rollins vs JD McDonagh

- Dirty Dom vs Ricochet

- DIY vs Imperium

- Chelsea vs Natalya

- Alpha Academy vs The Creed Brothers

Early start tonight and for all shows this week due to the clocks changing. Back to normal next week.

Face Miz next for Gunther?

I was hoping the Chad Gunther feud would be revisited with Chad winning the title ultimately

• Advertisement

Nattie didn't mind losing to Chelsea and Piper's "Hart Foundation" and there is Nikki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Class costumes

Well Nattie's costume wasn't very PG, or PG-13 at least.

It's mad how easy Miz can alternate between heel and face when he wants.

Meant to say, Ivy seemed emotional to be on Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can’t say I’m any bit enthused to see him as a face

I’ve completely cooled off on The Miz the last few years now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

War games then....will they stick to 4 v 4 or will Drew side with judgement day leading to a "suprise 5th member (Orton)"

Fully expect a pissed off Drew to join Judgement Day for the match at least. It's always 5 v 5 isn't it?

Yeah I believe so! They've teased drew and the JD a good bit now along with his heel turn so an apt time to do it...doubt as a member but just for SS. If it does pan out Orton will get a back in the day returning HHH level ovation

Creed Bros and Ivy Nile officially on Raw now too.

Miz getting the title shot against Gunther is fine but the ref absolutely made a mess of that spot with the double pin, he's the fella that made the count so what is he confused about?

Orton returning would be brilliant surely. I just wonder with a certain Chicago man lurking in the background might it be overshadowed...

Dunno how they figure Zoey Stark is the best choice for a title shot after she ate the pin in the 5 way at Crown Jewel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

That Miz match finish was so sloppy

Apparently ricochet suffered a concussion which led to the finish...

Agreed on Zoey stark,never saw much in her in next either ,she's decent roster material but no more credible to even dent Ripley's title reign

Remains to be seen whether punk does come back and how they factor it in...do the faces win and Rollins leaves last leading to a pink staredown to finish the show?

I enjoyed Becky owning Nia in the verbal smack talk off

Miz had the crowd in the palm of his hands, he can work the mic, I was sceptical of him as a face as he seems a natural heel but he can carry it

I feel for Gable as I think he should take the title from Gunther

What was with the picture they used for Zoey at the end of the Battle Royal? Looked like one from early NXT days or something.

Ivy getting a decent show in that match. And Chelsea is great as always. She did seem to lose her footing while Raquel was holding her.

Was wondering how the Creed/DIY match would end as didn't think it would be a clean finish if wanting to make both teams look strong.

Calling it now: Tozawa to dethrone Roman.

Raw is really enjoyable right now. Skipped it the last week or two cause I was busy but still great.

The IC match ending was a bit dodgy but clearly the ref was worried about making the wrong call and it appears Ricochet was knocked loopy, so hard to get too mad. I would assume it was going to lead to Ivar/Miz next week with Miz winning the shot anyway and tbf I think calling an Ivar beatdown on the fly was a good call and they made the best of a bad situation.

I loved DIY in NXT but they feel a bit off so far (think this is my first time watching them on main though). Definitely works on establishing the Creed Bros though. They really have done an excellent job highlighting the women's division lately and while I agree that Zoey isn't an obvious choice, I'm sort of okay with it just to see what she can do and maybe this match will help build her up. Realistically there aren't many threats to Rhea at this stage and they clearly are protecting Becky to face Rhea (presumably at Mania).

Wargames looks great already. Has been a long time since there's been this many over babyfaces in WWE and them taking on Judgement Day could be excellent. Maybe a returning Orton and turned Drew to fill out the numbers but who knows. Pearce is unreal too, he nails every ball they hand him, even though Regal shouting Wargames will never be topped.

For those saying about needing 5 on each team for the match, they only had 4 on each team in NXT. But Drew being inserted somewhere makes sense. Either joins team Seth and turns or just joins TJD.

Now who will be the women's match? How high can Kairi go with her elbow?

• Advertisement

I'm guessing Drew to cost Jey and Cody tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Presumably it's because Vinnie Mac can no longer just strut in and decide someone's gimmick is now evil rotisserie chicken chef but the shows have a real clarity of intent at the moment that's very much appreciated.

Look, multiple wrestlers giving a damn about every championship!

Would appear the tease of priest getting the boot from JD has begun again

Can't see drew staying with them but wouldn't be against him starting a faction with gallus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Drew could be a great heel if it's booked right

Wonder does this indicate he's resigned

Wonder if they eventually go down an Evolution-type rabbit hole with Judgement Day. Drew wins title from Seth, Priest cashes in down the line on Drew. It's different enough to work.

Drew badly needed the turn though, and he does actually fit with Judgment Day reasonably well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement