Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange things your teacher did? (MOD NOTE in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

This thread is a fascinating read. I am glad I didn’t go to school in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭mojesius

Irish teacher in secondary school used to stick recordings of Ros na Rún on VHS. If there was no episode the night before, she'd spend the class bitching about the principal.

Maths teacher (nun) would go off on a tangent about divorce or abortion, handing out youth defence leaflets.

Geography teacher was lazy as sin. Shame really, as he was quite the genius at the subject. He would tell us we had a test in X topic coming up and we'd have to remind him we hadn't learned that yet. We spent our leaving cert watching Michael Palin around the world documentary. Thankfully my mam sent me to Easter grinds so I scraped a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

My 6th class teacher was convicted of sexual assault of students years before me. He had a reputation roaming hands and 'tickling' in our day, but had obviously been worse in his early years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

We had a teacher for who covered religion among other classes in secondary. Word around the school was he had entered the priesthood but had dropped out for some unknown reason, that we speculated about wildly. It was left to him to teach us sex education, and he seemed obsessed with the term "mutual masturbation". We'd come into class and he'd have it written on the blackboard. He'd get more nervous and red faced every time he used the term, but couldn't seem to stop himself.

He lived in a B&B in the town, my mother worked there as a cleaner. He loved making jokes about how my mother was in his room that morning in front of the class, but didn't have anywhere near the charisma to pull it off (no pun intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

talking to my brother about this. he went to same school. an extremely hungover maths teacher. my mother complained priest principle we all have crosses to bare.
    geography teacher used grope kids, often stuck his hand down. my brothers pants. Borders got a much worse deal...
    moved him to two schools where he did it again. died in mental asylum he was shuffled into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

to lighten the mood after dat lol
    I had same maths teacher
    one day before he came in we were doing the Mexican wave. we were in them really old desks.
    I was beside a red neck yolkle who was morbidly obese.
    he got a bit too energetic on one go and put the table 360.
    we were front desk so it blocked the door.
    very surreal being upside down in a desk with maths teacher trying to get in and class behind going wild..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

My 6th class teacher was convicted of sexual assault of students years before me. He had a reputation roaming hands and 'tickling' in our day, but had obviously been worse in his early years.

:confused:

and he was still allowed to teach?? either you're telling porkies or someone in the Dept of Ed should be sacked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

There was this teacher in my secondary school. He was a little aul lad and used to just shuffle around the place.
    He never taught me but lads ahead of me said he used to be a terror before he came back after his breakdown.
    He used to hate the country lads and he'd pick one in every class to denigrate for the year.
    He made a comment to a pupil insinuating that his parents farm was in trouble.
    It turned out to be true.
    This lad lost it and slapped the lips off the teacher who broke down immediately after the retaliatory slapping session.
    Nothing happened to the pupil and the teacher took extended leave.
    Lads were dreading this teacher coming back but he was nothing to worry about when he came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

fryup wrote: »

and he was still allowed to teach?? either you're telling porkies or someone in the Dept of Ed should be sacked

I'd suspect he means after the student left the school, the teacher was convicted of assaulting students that were ahead of the student in school. Not that he was convicted of sexual assault and let continue working.

you should all be listening to Liveline right now,

they're talking about that peado teacher Fr Joe Marmion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

you should all be listening to Liveline right now,

they're talking about that peado teacher Fr Joe Marmion

Don’t know the name, is this another Limerick school thing?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Don’t know the name, is this another Limerick school thing?

he taught in the crescent in Limerick and Belvedere in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Teacher in my secondary school insisted world was 3000 years old

Imagine that ignorance teaching our youth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Boys secondary school. Three female teachers in particular spent a lot of their time prick teasing us. Deliberate stuff and in it's own way, sexual abuse.

First one would drop something on the floor and while going down would spread her legs enough so you could see she was wearing tiny panties with plenty of bush around it (this was the 80's), or she'd have none on. Used to either take them on or off during the break between lessons as we all got different views on the same day.

Second one would get you doing work in class, she always had us rotate seats each class. She'd stand in front of your desk and bang her crotch off the edge of it. If you looked up at her she'd be staring right at you and fiddling with her bra strap or rearranging the cup of the bra. If she saw you excited enough, she'd get you to go up to the blackboard to write something, and you of course with a raging hard on.

Third one would have everyone doing some work and would lean over your desk to 'see how you're getting on'. She would normally have one or two buttons undone on the blouse, but she'd undo a third one for this. Tits and bra in full view. First time I ever knew there was a bra colour that wasn't white was through her. Once she was finished with you she'd give you a wink, or a pat on the arm. She was cracking looking as well, about 40 at the time.

If the roles were reversed it would be a sackable offence, but we were mad for the attention from them and they knew it, apart from the second one. She was just scary. Thing is, we were 12, 13, 14, 15 at the time. They never did the same stuff with Leaving Cert or 4th Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

One of the teachers kissed a student in my school. She was promptly fired I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Back in the 80's had a female PE teacher who would walk into the male shower rooms to make sure there was no messing going on while all us 3rd years were showering. My son went to the same school and she was still there. Female english teacher used to have us perform a comedy sketches during her class and would have one of us sit on her lap(she was a looker as well).
    Strange days

Was she ever rumbled?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sorry for lack of clarity. He was convicted last year of sexual assaults going back to the 60s and 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We used have one teacher who was a bit of a drunk. He used turn up 15 minutes late for class. Call loads of people dopey and he used drive an old Micra and instead of pulling his handbrake he used leave his car roll down a slope and into an old school building to park it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and he called people dopey?? hope he was pulled up on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and he called people dopey?? hope he was pulled up on it!

This happened in the mid 2000's close to his retirement. He did it all his life and got away with it.
    One day somebody didn't have a copy and he asked them were they waiting on his fathers dole money.
    He was a real git.
    As I said the principal would poke and push you up against a wall over shoes and ties. They were the most important thing to him.(He was okay)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Had an English teacher in secondary who thought he was as smart as Stephen Hawking and as interesting as Stephen Fry. Spent more than half each class trying to illustrate to a bunch of 14 Yr olds how amazing he was and took every opportunity to embarrass the students.

Ended up having an affair with a teacher half his age, losing his family and giving walking tours around Dublin for a living.

serves him right, sounds like a narracist

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

An example of a dumb thing a couple of teachers did in my last year of school:
    • One day, an announcement goes out: the school choir needs more people, anyone want to join? I had been in a few choirs before, at different schools, and was considering it, but decided to sleep on it.
    • The next day, the whole school was summoned to the assembly hall and made to sing, while several teachers walked around, listening to everyone sing. This being so bloody stupid, whenever a teacher got near me I did my impression of a goose farting in the fog. I don’t think they found any good singers that day, for some strange reason. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

As part of our Junior Cert art project myself and a classmate had to sand blast a stencil cut image onto a mirror. The sand blaster we were using was quite weak for the job so we were sent to the eccentric woodwork teacher to pick up another sandblaster machine. He was a big stocky guy with a head of shaggy curls and a bushy moustache.
    He pulls out this ancient sandblaster device and immediately starts trying to yank off the pressure valve with a vice grips. He starts pulling at it for ages before the thing shot out of it like a missile, lodging itself it the ceiling. He immediately just shrugs it off and starts trying to dislodge it from the ceiling with one of those long poles with a hook on the end for pulling down blinds. Myself and my classmate just stare at each other in disbelief thinking that if that thing shot out towards one of us we would have been killed. Anyway he got the sandblaster to work and we got our project finished.

sandblaster? what be that?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

A bunch of them attempted to get me expelled from secondary school, they even succeeded for a while but MeHole (minister for education at thr time) sent someone down from Dublin and forced them to let me back in, made them all grovel. In fairness I was a messer but didn't deserve this kind of treatment. Cnuts

the only people i have seen been expelled from school were cnuts themselves to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

sandblaster? what be that?

Arab ghettoblaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

timeToLive wrote: »
    the only people i have seen been expelled from school were cnuts themselves to be fair

If they're cnuts MeHole wouldn't go through the trouble of letting them back in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Timing belt

If they're cnuts MeHole wouldn't go through the trouble of letting them back in

To be fair not everyone that got expelled was a cnut...

I remember in 6th year in secondary school about 6 weeks before the leaving cert there was a mini riot between the 6th years and 5th years.... things had been building for a few days until it resulted in the 6th years blocking the doors and turning the fire house on the whole of the 5th years.

There was a rush to doors, which were all blocked using matts so they would not open, and there was such a crush that the doors gave way and were smashed as the 5th years scrambled to get out of the building....

There was major sh1t afterwards with all of 5th and 6th year on detention every day and threats that none of the 6th years would be allowed sit there leaving cert...

After about 4 weeks of this someone ratted out one guy (Despite there being multiple people involved) and he was expelled and not allowed sit his leaving in the school.... Always thought it was harsh as he was not the only one but yet he was made an example of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

branie2 wrote: »
    Was she ever rumbled?

She was suspended afaik and allowed back. She was married to one of the woodwork teachers....

Advertisement