Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plenty of Fish

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

ive noticed alot of Brazilian ladies on PoF based in Dublin. I know im asking the obvious, but are they all looking for a husband so they can stay in Ireland. im afraid of them now, as i wouldnt want to be leading them for months on if they need permanent residency soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I took this approach for a period of time, swiped right on everyone in bursts. I matched with a handful of women but clicked with very few. I ended up in a long term relationship with one of the girls I did click with.

It's a numbers game imo, if you're only swiping right on 1 in 20 girls then your chances of getting a match are very slim. The chances of you clicking with one of the girls you do match with is smaller. Tinder is all about looks, very few people actually read through profiles. My advice is match first, figure the rest out after.

What if you swiped right on your cousin or say an ex of one of your mates? could happen if you just click on everyone without looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

pgj2015 wrote: »
    What if you swiped right on your cousin or say an ex of one of your mates? could happen if you just click on everyone without looking.

For that to happen, your cousin would have swiped right on you also. You can either laugh it off or go in for the kill :pac:

If you're a mature adult then it shouldn't be a big deal matching with an ex of a mate, they're an ex after all.

For that to happen, your cousin would have swiped right on you also. You can either laugh it off or go in for the kill :pac:

If you're a mature adult then it shouldn't be a big deal matching with an ex of a mate, they're an ex after all.

yes but what if your cousin had the same idea and just swiped right on everyone as well?

I would never date a mates ex, no way, plenty more women around to be resorting to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

ive noticed alot of Brazilian ladies on PoF based in Dublin. I know im asking the obvious, but are they all looking for a husband so they can stay in Ireland. im afraid of them now, as i wouldnt want to be leading them for months on if they need permanent residency soon.

They are looking to improve their english and in most cases that's really about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

They are looking to improve their english and in most cases that's really about it.

Thanks Church on Tuesday.

yes but what if your cousin had the same idea and just swiped right on everyone as well?

I would never date a mates ex, no way, plenty more women around to be resorting to that.

Er..

1: You don't message them and just delete
    2: You message them and have a quick laugh about it, move on and delete.

Remember, you're just swiping right and not even paying attention so it could happen. I wasn't actually being serious about hooking up with your cousin.

So, if you don't date your mates ex's then what's the problem here? These "what if" situations have very quick solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Er..

So, if you don't date your mates ex's then what's the problem here? These "what if" situations have very quick solutions.

i-have-done-my-part-now-you-do-yours.gif

My reply.

Er..

1: You don't message them and just delete
    2: You message them and have a quick laugh about it, move on and delete.

Remember, you're just swiping right and not even paying attention so it could happen. I wasn't actually being serious about hooking up with your cousin.

They might always check who they are swiping right on, then think you are weird for swiping right on your cousin.

I know you weren't being serious about swiping right on your cousin.

How are your mates ex's supposed to know you don't date your mates ex's?

They might always check who they are swiping right on, then think you are weird for swiping right on your cousin.

I know you weren't being serious about swiping right on your cousin.

How are your mates ex's supposed to know you don't date your mates ex's?

Well they can't really judge you considering that they've made a conscious decision to swipe on you, while you were simply blitzing through without a care for who it is.

If you don't message them or delete the match then they'll get the picture surely?

• Advertisement

Well they can't really judge you considering that they've made a conscious decision to swipe on you, while you were simply blitzing through without a care for who it is.

If you don't message them or delete the match then they'll get the picture surely?

Yeah, maybe I am overthinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I find women on pof and tinder are more interested in plugging their istagram and tick tock accounts these days than actually dating

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

smilerf wrote: »
    I find women on pof and tinder are more interested in plugging their istagram and tick tock accounts these days than actually dating

You might be searching within the wrong age group....

And I know this is about POF but go for bumble or hinge if you want to date seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭billyhead

I thought these sites were free. In order to see people who message or like you a subscription payment screen pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

billyhead wrote: »
    I thought these sites were free. In order to see people who message or like you a subscription payment screen pops up.

As has been noted several times in this very thread, that has changed since they were bought. None of these sites were ever gonna stay free. I'd be happy to pay for an ad free proper experience but unless you live in Dublin or Cork you're just gonna see the same Jacintas you see in the local shop on child benefits day, you just won't recognize them with the filters, makeup, favorable angles etc. There isn't enough women on it and the women that are one it don't respond they're just looking for validation. Don't waste your money is my advice but maybe you'll do better.

One thing I wish the site had was a button to unmatch with those who ignore messages. When you swipe on someone who swiped on you, it puts them in a 'it's mutual' list. if I don't get any response to the first message it's annoying to still have them there... it's not actually mutual from my POV any more, they decided not to respond so they must have decided they don't like me, and by them ignoring men after swiping on them i feel like they just are soaking up being liked and messaged and that's disengenous. I would never send a 2nd message or have a go a them for it but I would like to unmatch so my mutual list isnt all just women who really aren't interested/just enjoy validation.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tea For Two

Nah. I had a few years back who tried, but they were trying to set me up with single friends of theirs rather than someone who would be compatible. I'm just not the typical male that seems to attract females. Granted, in the last few years I'm even further from what is socially expected of a man, but I've also reserved myself to bachelorhood, and with the pandemic making me that bit more cautious, I've even less interest right now. I also have a genuine fear over something that I shouldn't have, but it really is stopping me trying - morning after guilt. I know a few lads who were victim of this, and I don't think I could take the pressure of what it could lead to. I would want a signed contract detailing what I can and can't do or touch!

Irrational fear, but still a fear that is strong enough to be the "Yeah, but..." to every thought I have of looking. But I'm ok with that for now, especially now, when I wouldn't meet someone new anyway. And like someone said above, I don't want to be the person who keeps you company via message during the lockdown only to get the cold shoulder as soon as the country opens up again. I've had enough negatives in my life that I'll do without them if I can.

TL;DR: I don't want the hassle.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,371 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Same with Chinese women. Funnily they both had uk phone numbers but based in Dublin ? Seemed very dodgy.

Advertisement