Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A “Positive” Show!:The Late Late Show: Friday 26th February 2021

Options

Comments

COME ON WALES!!

Not even if I could :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ha, snap!

That was pretty weird.

Best thing that happened this week was the Second Captains finishing the show with it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,769 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I did it -

Great show
    Great host
    Great Guests - even Linda was great
    Ryan did not take a dig at the bald lad
    Mary got out of a hole - by putting everyone to sleep
    Girl on roof - put a good effort in
    Olympians did well
    Not one bit of cancer or covid

Was a great show.

Going to grab the guitar now - and have a gig for myself.

Well done all.

Covid is globally in retracement - even in Ireland, despite our efforts.

Off to West of Westport in the summer

Like in the 80s when there was food vouchers - it is about time the government kept us all going with a drink voucher.

Thanks all - hopefully we are not witnesses in the court case that started in Thread. If I am - I was drunk at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

.anon. wrote: »
    She'll see the fucking ads and nothing else.

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I think St. John's had to resuscitate the stiff on the roof......

Was Linda still up there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

That was bizarre. tubridy tried to put the boot in.

I look forward to his interview with Simon Covney next week asking why we aren't doing more to secure her release.

Yeah fvcking likely....

screamer wrote: »
    Psst..... he’s not there when the show ends, it’s all pre recorded too

He's watching it from home in southside suburbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I hate when you are in marrakech and somebody dupes you into going to dubai when you planned on going to Barcelona via dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

walshb wrote: »
    Please, help me here...
    Princess in faraway land tells Mary my daddy is bold.
    Mary doesn’t want to know or believe.
    Mary now feels bad?
    Am I even lukewarm?

Okay I'm gonna try my best at bullet points. Be interesting to see if I actually remember the whole convoluted story to be honest. But here goes!

- Latifa feels oppressed in Dubai, is not allowed to get education or travel.
    - Latifa gets skydiver friend to give her skydiving lessons.
    - Skydiver friend helps her organise escape with French man.
    - Escape goes well until she is picked up by Indian special forces and handed back to the Sheik.
    - Latifa is not seen for months. Suspicions about her well being.
    - Mary Robinson meets with the family and Latifa. Pictures released.
    - No comment from Mary Robinson about the rights or wrongs of those pictures being released.
    - Princess Haya speaks to Marian Finucane about how Mary Robinson came over to give them "counsel". (Mary Poppins was unavailable that weekend)
    - Haya leaves Dubai for London with her kids and looks for custody. Cites mistreatment of Latifa as a reason for her getting custody.
    - Panorama documentary with leaked footage from Latifa (who has not been seen since the Mary Poppinson visit), saying that she is being held hostage, with armed guards outside the house she is being held in.
    - Mary Robinson appears on Late Late to justify herself.

phew!! How did I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,598 ✭✭✭✭walshb

HBC08 wrote: »
    If anyone is finding this a bit all over the shop and not that interesting im alerting you that one of the posters on here involved in the cat fight has opened an amusing thread in Dispute Resolution.
    He's going to sue it seems.

What?

There was an actual documentary on this crock of Sh1t?

The world has far too much time on its hands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Mary was disgusting. Got paid truck loads to go over there and clean the holes of filthy pigs in the middle east for money. This is what we are dealing with in th political world. She is nothing more than a reputation selfie for hire for peados murderers and thugs.

Okay I'm gonna try my best at bullet points. Be interesting to see if I actually remember the whole convoluted story to be honest. But here goes!

- Latifa feels oppressed in Dubai, is not allowed to get education or travel.
    - Latifa gets skydiver friend to give her skydiving lessons.
    - Skydiver friend helps her organise escape with French man.
    - Escape goes well until she is picked up by Indian special forces and handed back to the Sheik.
    - Latifa is not seen for months. Suspicions about her well being.
    - Mary Robinson meets with the family and Latifa. Pictures released.
    - No comment from Mary Robinson about the rights or wrongs of those pictures being released.
    - Princess Haya speaks to Marian Finucane about how Mary Robinson came over to give them "counsel". (Mary Poppins was unavailable that weekend)
    - Haya leaves Dubai for London with her kids and looks for custody. Cites mistreatment of Latifa as a reason for her getting custody.
    - Panorama documentary with leaked footage from Latifa (who has not been seen since the Mary Poppinson visit), saying that she is being held hostage, with armed guards outside the house she is being held in.
    - Mary Robinson appears on Late Late to justify herself.

phew!! How did I do.

Thanks for giving me a migraine of a Friday night..

What? There was an actual documentary on this crock of Sh1t?

Seriously it's a good watch. Watch it instead of the fight tomorrow :pac:

Seriously it's a good watch. Watch it instead of the fight tomorrow :pac:

Not a chance!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Nobody gave a sh!te when she was pulled off a boat in international waters. Now everyone is all over (mainly UK) and Mary has to defend her diplomatic photo op. I'm sure there's loads of them.

Fvcking weird the whole thing and probably a lot more to come in the story unfortunately.

If only tubridy was ably to ask such hard questions to our serving politicitions.

"Why did you give the contract?"

"Why no mandatory quarantine?"

Those kinda questions that matter to everyone living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I hate when you are in marrakech and somebody dupes you into going to dubai when you planned on going to Barcelona via dublin

Yeah and all on expenses paid first class flights. Oh the humanity.

Nobody gave a sh!te when she was pulled off a boat in international waters. Now everyone is all over (mainly UK) and Mary has to defend her diplomatic photo op. I'm sure there's loads of them.

Fvcking weird the whole thing and probably a lot more to come in the story unfortunately.

If only tubridy was ably to ask such hard questions to our serving politicitions.

"Why did you give the contract?"

"Why no mandatory quarantine?"

Those kinda questions that matter to everyone living here.

You reckon people here actually give a flying fiddlers about some insta princess?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Next week - the Toyshow March edition. A chance to get nostalgic for something that was broadcast 3 months ago and you have been reminded about one weekly basis ever since.

Also I suspect the launch of the "Toyshow foundation". So from now on if any of you criticise the show or ryan or are anything but positive then that means you hate charity and want children to get sick and stay sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

What?

There was an actual documentary on this crock of Sh1t?

The world has far too much time on its hands!

We live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The burning question and the smoking gun:
    Did Mary Robinson ask about the other daughter who has not been seen since 2001? And did Mary Robinson think to request to speak with Latifa in private either during her visit or after she flew home? I am confident that answers to both are no because she never mentioned such in her interview.

That LLS interview was shameful and Tubridy failed abjectly as an interviewer, he has no right to carry out interviews if they are conducted as fluff pieces to redeem a person's reputation. It's clear that that was a a leading interview that was pre-agreed with the interviewee and was full of obstification.

I hope a journalist does a full FOI to find out what actually happened, the whole thing is a cluster **** and undermines our neutral standpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Mary don't give a **** she got paid

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

statesaver wrote: »
    Mary don't give a **** she got paid

How do we know she got paid or how much?
    Genuinely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The Irish government needs to freeze asset's of these guys but they won't because of connections, so they will write a strongly worded it letter ala Robinson diplomacy when the horse has bolted the stables.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The burning question and the smoking gun:
    Did Mary Robinson ask about the other daughter who has not been seen since 2001? And did Mary Robinson think to request to speak with Latifa in private either during her visit or after she flew home? I am confident that answers to both are no because she never mentioned such in her interview.

That LLS interview was shameful and Tubridy failed abjectly as an interviewer, he has no right to carry out interviews if they are conducted as fluff pieces to redeem a person's reputation. It's clear that that was a a leading interview that was pre-agreed with the interviewee and was full of obstification.

I hope a journalist does a full FOI to find out what actually happened, the whole thing is a cluster **** and undermines our neutral standpoint.

This BBC report from last week might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts8FJhKK7ss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The Irish government needs to freeze asset's of these guys but they won't because of connections, so they will write a strongly worded it letter ala Robinson diplomacy when the horse has bolted the stables.

The horses sleep in stables that are much more luxurious than some places I've paid through the nose for in dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Tubridy missed the real story here. Turns our your one's aul lad who kidnapped her is Ringo Starr :eek:

ringo--1-.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Arduach wrote: »
    You call Sean O'Brien a west Brit to his face. See when and where you wake up ;)

Covered in piss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Sure the rugby ****e is just Brits Vs west brits

Says the Everton supporter.

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/marian-finucane/programmes/2019/0105/1020458-marian-finucane-saturday-5-january-2019/

This is the podcast of Princess Haya on with Marian Finucane shortly after Mary Robinson met with the family. Interview is from 2019

This is the introduction blurb
    Former President, Mary Robinson, has come under severe criticism following a recent visit to Dubai. She went there at the invitation of Princess Haya, wife of United Arab Emirates Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktou.

President Robinson went to meet with Princess Sheikha Latifa – daughter of the Sheikh, who has attracted international concern over her welfare when she made a video alleging she had been imprisioned, tortured, had tried to escape and had not been seen in public for several months.

Princess Haya, spoke with Marian this morning...

When you are listening, bear in mind that Haya escaped from Dubai herself about a year later with her two kids.

For Walshb, I will be putting together a series of youtube tutorials on the topic on the channel HayaGoodByeA :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Macdarack wrote: »
    How do we know she got paid or how much?
    Genuinely.

Because the "saintly" Mary doesn't do anything for anyone unless she is getting the dolla.

Advertisement