Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North inner city turning into war zone

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Merowig wrote: »
    The Gardai is busy asking taxpayers if their journey is essential...

The police force and policing itself seems to have never been a priority here.

But this isn't today or yesterday's problem, its not like its one which has just raised itself since Covid hit. But also, a bit like the previous issue blaming something else or pointing that something else is a problem is not the right approach. Gardai do need to police 5km too - if people weren't idiots, they wouldn't have to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭startrek56

Can only speak from my own experience

maybe you are not good at noticing things?

every single day, you can spot drug users/dealers operating in the city... clear as day

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

Or does anyone remember the "market" that used to be on up around Cathal Brugha or Sean McDermott St? Just a load of crap thrown all over the streets, no stalls or anything. Looked like something from an Indian slum.
    It was actually much more of a dive back then, it's slowly improving.

The market on North Cumberland Street is still held there on Saturday mornings, I’ve lived about one minute walk away for the last seven years. Never had any real trouble personally, but have witnessed/heard all sorts of stuff out my window and on the street. Also go running a couple times a week all over the north inner city from Seville Place to Arbour Hill. I’ve definitely felt a change in atmosphere the last twelve months, probably as much due to the relative desolation as to any hard statistics. Places like the markets over by Greek Street just feel abandoned now. Was out for a walk last night and coming up Gardiner Street was probably the most uneasy I’ve felt in my seven years in the area. But again, probably just to the general mood of the place right now than to any real threat.

Advertisement